New: Sam Matterface on Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
One of the most recognisable voices in the English game, sports broadcaster for radio and TV, Sam Matterface chats to the Sheff United Way about all things Sheffield United. He also touches on his career highs, lows, online abuse and addresses his pronunciation of Iliman Ndiaye.

This is an audio ONLY Sheff United Way exclusive which you can hear wherever you get your podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way'

Direct links:
Spotify https://spoti.fi/2Wus1Hi
Apple https://apple.co/3DjI4IJ

sam matterface2.jpg

Fairly big coup, congratulations! I will give it a listen later. Can’t say I’m a big fan of his but maybe this will change my mind.

One of the most recognisable voices in the English game, sports broadcaster for radio and TV, Sam Matterface chats to the Sheff United Way about all things Sheffield United. He also touches on his career highs, lows, online abuse and addresses his pronunciation of Iliman Ndiaye.

This is an audio ONLY Sheff United Way exclusive which you can hear wherever you get your podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way'

Direct links:
Spotify https://spoti.fi/2Wus1Hi
Apple https://apple.co/3DjI4IJ

View attachment 156435
Clive Tyldesley would have been the biggie…But we live in hope.

Has Matterface got a link to us or is it just a random interview?
His wife went to Uni in Sheffield but the reason I wanted to speak to him was a) the opportunity came up through a mutual friend b) you don't often hear from commentators away from commentary c) He keeps getting Iliman Ndiaye's name wrong and I wanted to change that d) He seems to get a huge amount of grief online - I never like that and wanted to find out how he deals with it and what he was actually like as a person.

It's a bit of a take it or leave it interview but hopefully some will find it interesting.

No offence Hal, love the interviews but have no intention of listening to matterface, genuinely don’t care what he has to say, he’s not a Blade. I didn’t listen to the last one either, nothing against the lad but you could have pointed at any blade in a crowd and did one on them just the same. I’ll be back watching when it’s to do with someone from the club either present or the past.

No offence Hal, love the interviews but have no intention of listening to matterface, genuinely don’t care what he has to say, he’s not a Blade. I didn’t listen to the last one either, nothing against the lad but you could have pointed at any blade in a crowd and did one on them just the same. I’ll be back watching when it’s to do with someone from the club either present or the past.

Nothing offends me so fear not about that. It's all free content some will appeal, some won't. However you'll love the next former player guest. It's a really good one!
I appreciate your support. UTB ⚔

Nothing offends me so fear not about that. It's all free content some will appeal, some won't. However you'll love the next former player guest. It's a really good one!
Looking forward to it hal, can’t pick a favourite video of past players as everyone has been great

Sod it EDIT, Marcello, loved that one a little bit more purely because we have all heard from Dane, Mitch etc etc in the past through interviews or knowing them… not heard a peep from Marcello since he left and was amazing to listen to him 👍

His wife went to Uni in Sheffield but the reason I wanted to speak to him was a) the opportunity came up through a mutual friend b) you don't often hear from commentators away from commentary c) He keeps getting Iliman Ndiaye's name wrong and I wanted to change that d) He seems to get a huge amount of grief online - I never like that and wanted to find out how he deals with it and what he was actually like as a person.

It's a bit of a take it or leave it interview but hopefully some will find it interesting.
I will listen, just wondered before I did. I’m assuming I’ll recognise him when I hear his voice but apart from Tufty Club taking the piss in the summer I’m in the dark 🤣

He got a lot of stick as a commentator during the World Cup. I’m bloody glad no bugger tweets about my work on line. Especially after I caused a 12 hour IT outage for a major financial services company. 😬

H
Has Matterface got a link to us or is it just a random interview?

He pays a nifty if you interview him and put it on’t web.

It’s like the joke, “so is anyone interesting coming to your party?. Well, there’s Sheeran… Ed Sheeran the huge star? No, Gordon Sheeran, works at Aldi, can play the guitar a bit and he’s a ginner. Oh, anyone else? Dolly Porton. The famous country and western star? No that’s Parton. This Dolly works at Lidl and does the working mens clubs at the weekends. Oh, we who else? Sam Matterface. Sam Matterface the football commentator? Yes.

(Not a fan 😀)

It's a great coup for you and your podcast as he's a big name, so congrats. But I can't bring myself to listen to the smug, self-absorbed cretin sorry.

For me, I cannot abide him. One of, if not the worst commentators to listen to. Constantly trying to insert funny quips and phrases into his commentary which just do not land. His mispronunciation of N'deer, and DeBrunnnner are just unforgivable and unprofessional, and the fact that ITV decided to promote him to main commentator in place of Tyldesley is beyond baffling.

So glad we didn't get him and Dixon for the Blackburn game. Is he doing the Man City game?

Mate, you became a hero after Marcelo randomly appeared!

Need Bubba Yohanna, Sal Bibbo and Davy whatshisname to jump on.

What'sa matter you?
Hey
Gotta no respect?
Whadda you t'ink you do?
Why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad,
It's-a nice-a place
Ah, Sam Matter ya face
full respect if you posted that on your phone and had to fuck about with the special characters and ignoring autospell. Must have taken at least 45 mins

Back
Top Bottom