'Memries' New Podcast - Blades Memries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladepicker

Paul Coutts Fan Club Founder Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon Blades.

I have done something I have been planning for a while and only gone and recorded me a Blades podcast. There are already lots of other Blades 'pods' out there - giving lots of quality opinion and fantastic fan insight into our current form and are all a great listen - so I wanted to do something a little different (and no I don't mean all of the above but it be a shit listen - though I'll let you be the judge!).

What I have done is go down memory lane - to look at some classic memries of a match against our next opponents - in this case Cardiff City. I'll give my memories of that specific game and then look at the starting line up from that day - along with what they are doing now.

It is the forst time I've done anything like this so all feedback is greatly appreciated - whether good or bad - and, if enough people like it - it is something I want to do going forwards more often and hopefully even get some fellow Blades involved - looking at their memries too. In fact on this point - if anyone would be interested in appearing in a future 'episode' please let me know.

Anyway that's it for now - hope you have as much fun listening as I did researching and recording and a final big thank you to Beans for the heads up on how to host - hopefully it has gone well and this link works ( and the rest off the RSS will be up in due course!).

Thank you in advance for listening and feel free to share if you so wish :)

Paul (bladepicker)

I'm so glad you picked this game! I remember it well. I was sat on the family stand. SS 189 my seat back then, toward the away fans.

My favourite story from it was in a programme a few weeks later. Some fella wrote in to say he'd took his kid to their first game (unsure of age) but by half time wanted to go home and was crying and wouldn't settle etc. So the fella went home and missed the whole second half 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just watched highlights of this on YouTube. The Lester goal. Good grief!! 😳

Last edited:
I'm so glad you picked this game! I remember it well. I was sat on the family stand. SS 189 my seat back then, toward the away fans.

My favourite story from it was in a programme a few weeks later. Some fella wrote in to say he'd took his kid to their first game (unsure of age) but by half time wanted to go home and was crying and wouldn't settle etc. So the fella went home and missed the whole second half 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Love that they left at half time. Was a brilliant game and that goal. Wowser. The buddy one too, he just hits hit from nowhere. Still not sure why he chose to do that but it bloody well went in!

Enjoyed that, cheers! Do more!

A suggestion for future ones would be some additional links to match videos and any other bits in the show notes. I went to YouTube to watch a highlights video anyway, but would be handy to have a link in the notes

Cracking goal! Feels like yesterday that!

Back
Top Bottom