New keeper coach?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Port Talbot Town keeper Lee Kendall is to end his season long association with the club to join Championship side Sheffield United in a coaching capacity.

Port Talbot manager Mark Jones has confirmed that Kendall, 29, has agreed a three year contract to become first-team goalkeeper coach with the Blades, who are managed by fellow Welshman Gary Speed.

Mark Jones’ revealed his disappointment to lose his first-choice goalkeeper shortly after this afternoon’s 2-0 win against Airbus UK, but stated he “could not hold him back”.
Kendall could make his final appearance for Port Talbot in next Friday’s league visit to Aberystwyth.

Seems odd to bring in such a young bloke to be a GK coach. Theres no mention on his Port talbot site profile about him excelling in coaching!
Arent both of our keepers older than him too?

There must be something in him that Speed has seen.

Otherwise it seems a bizzare appointment. A 29 year old as a Goalkeeping coach... :S

There must be something in him that Speed has seen.

Otherwise it seems a bizzare appointment. A 29 year old as a Goalkeeping coach... :S

If he has the qualifications it and has good experience in coaching it matters not on his age. On my coaching course there was a a 16 year old perparing to learn to help out coaching her team, there was also a very good 17 year old goalkeeping coach who had to do his level one badge to further his career in goalkeeping career, chances to break into professional coaching with adults can be hard to come by, so he must have proven he has something about him.

Anybody that's been to Port Talbot will know which is the nicest place to be. Port Talbot, or anywhere else...

I wonder if we should read anything into the words "goalkeeper coach" rather than "goalkeeping coach"?
Maybe Speed wants him as a back-up keeper plus coach.

(On the subject of keepers I note that Phil Barnes - remember him? - is now playing for Gainsborough Trinity. He's only 31)

Probably making more out of the Welsh connection than I should be I reckon he could well be one of Speed's mates.

Probably making more out of the Welsh connection than I should be I reckon he could well be one of Speed's mates.

Possibly a relative, what with all that interbreeding that goes on in the long winter evenings when the 'leccy meter runs out of money.

P.S. If there any any Welsh people that are upset by this after they have it read to them by a literate (English) person then I can only say this.
Helô. Paham aren't 'ch yn gwneud cara at 'ch chwaer ai fam? Na drydan?

Back
Top Bottom