Never Before - Until

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
We have always celebrated the thought of playing in the Premier League. But the premier league has changed and it’s no longer enjoyable.

We can’t celebrate a goal that’s an absolute disgrace because celebrating a goal is what football is about you take that away and it isn’t football. That feeling when the ball hits the back of the net but now that nagging feeling is it a goal or not.

Never before have I wanted to get relegated UNTIL now. Looking forward to playing in a division without VAR finishing third then just failing to get promotion because do we really want to play in this shite league again unless it changes?

How do we change things

No VAR

Let the big six go and form their super league

Spread all monies throughout the football pyramid level it up

Get rid of agents

Let’s have our game back

I enjoyed our first season even with var

I don't enjoy us being crap and without hope from before the season started.

Last night Leeds scored a goal that was obviously offside. If something like that cost us next year let's not pretend we would shrug and go oh well!

The biggest problem with VAR is that it is still largely governed by human interpretation…and all the problems that brings. I would probably be in favour of VAR if it was 100% run by Ai…and not carry any club bias or lazy assumptions similar to the Clattenburg debacle.

The biggest problem with VAR is that it is still largely governed by human interpretation…and all the problems that brings. I would probably be in favour of VAR if it was 100% run by Ai…and not carry any club bias or lazy assumptions similar to the Clattenburg debacle.
Next season offsides will be semi automated..

One of the many things that annoys me about VAR (I still get triggered by Lundstrams elongated clown foot), is its inconsistent application.

If you are going to have an additional official who is there to look at video evidence, then why can’t he support the ref with all incidents that he has he video evidence of?

For example, and I know I’m going back a bit, but that goal against villa that didn’t count because the ref’s watch was poorly and the tech was ‘occluded’ (yeah sure).

Everyone could see that the keeper had the ball in his hands and was pushing it against the net behind the post. It was clearly and obviously a goal. There were endless replays of this fact. Why couldn’t the VAR just tell him it was a goal?

In rugby & cricket similar situations would be covered by the video ref who has discretion to use common sense. Why is it so inconsistently applied in football?

One of the many things that annoys me about VAR (I still get triggered by Lundstrams elongated clown foot), is its inconsistent application.

If you are going to have an additional official who is there to look at video evidence, then why can’t he support the ref with all incidents that he has he video evidence of?

For example, and I know I’m going back a bit, but that goal against villa that didn’t count because the ref’s watch was poorly and the tech was ‘occluded’ (yeah sure).

Everyone could see that the keeper had the ball in his hands and was pushing it against the net behind the post. It was clearly and obviously a goal. There were endless replays of this fact. Why couldn’t the VAR just tell him it was a goal?

In rugby & cricket similar situations would be covered by the video ref who has discretion to use common sense. Why is it so inconsistently applied in football?
Luton getting back into the game from a corner that clearly wasn’t.

I know you try to avoid re-refereeing the game but it was an error and turned the whole course of the game and arguably season.

Yep. We moan, but at least we know in the PL, this would be disallowed

View attachment 182405

I think the bigger problem is with the off-side rule generally.
The Leeds forward wasn't hanging around in an of-side position waiting to gain an unfair advantage.
In this instance, if he'd have set off a split second later and been on-side, the opportunity to score would have been identical.
No defender in the world was going to be able to rescue the situation.

I am a big fan of letting the referee control the game. As long (and this is the big but and I can not lie...) as they apply the same rule to both sides then its an equal contest.

Offside is, or should be black and white, and thats where technology should help. Same with goal line technology.

With foul play, I would let the referee control it. If they decide a foot to the neck is fine, then I will back them as long as the other side can do the same. consistency from game to game would be for referees group to manage and maintain but at least we wouldn't get these shouts of biased.

VAR is only for clear and obvious errors and that leaves too much open to interpretation. what is clear and obvious because if it was clear and obvious the referee or one of their assistants should have picked it up in the first place! When I was watching the forest penalty appeals, I get why VAR wasn't involved because none of them were 100% clear and obvious as from the referees view it wasn't a penalty hence why they didn't give it!

Hers a few things off the top off my head:
Abolish VAR
Let the "big SIX" piss off to their special place and take their special breed of fans with them.
Distribute money more evenly
Each club has to have 3 local players (from the county) in the starting line up.
Proper robust financial rules that cant be cheated by Man City
Stop pissing about with basic rules that have served football well for over 100 years... eg we don't need 11 subs to suit the "big six's" over inflated squads
Stop pissing about with kick off times - games should be Sat and sun 12.30, 3pm, 5.30pm, then weekdays(only tues and weds) 7.45pm.
£20 is plenty for an adult ticket
FA cup after 3rd round has its own weekend (no league fixtures for top 2 leagues), winners of the FA cup get a Champs league place.
Anyone who rolls round on the floor like Bruno Fernandes gets banned for 5 games and laughed at by the whole stadium.

Talking to fellow football fans, even Owls fans, if the so called top six pissed off the European League this would save football to an extent in this Country. Greedy, not bothered about cash bonuses to lower league clubs with the ridiculous no replay FA Cup. I mean, for gods sake, how much cash is enough for the big clubs? Playing against Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal is just like an attack v defence training game, boring and insipid. Let them play each other six, eight times a season, it obvious this is what they want. Can you imagine a Premier League without the top six? Close games with more evenly matched sides, sides that haven’t won a trophy in years given a chance, I think it would be exciting, I honestly think most level headed fans would go for this. The big six and their fans get what they want and the run of the mill fans get what they want. Will it happen? I don’t think so, but something’s got to change. The Premier League the best in the World? Don’t make me laugh. A boring greed fest run by billionaires for the benefit of billionaires.

We have always celebrated the thought of playing in the Premier League. But the premier league has changed and it’s no longer enjoyable.

We can’t celebrate a goal that’s an absolute disgrace because celebrating a goal is what football is about you take that away and it isn’t football. That feeling when the ball hits the back of the net but now that nagging feeling is it a goal or not.

Never before have I wanted to get relegated UNTIL now. Looking forward to playing in a division without VAR finishing third then just failing to get promotion because do we really want to play in this shite league again unless it changes?

How do we change things

No VAR

Get rid of agents

Let’s have our game back
For me I would rather be that yoyo club that Norwich once were. All the excitement of a promotion run and get into the Prem for a smash and grab the cash..... back down and start again. We will never be a big club without huge investment (and that does'nt guarantee success) so I would rather yoyo than be lower table mediocrity.

How do we change things

No VAR

Get rid of agents

Let’s have our game back
Sounds nice mate the trouble is the money you mention will follow the big six .I am with you the prem is not enjoyable not because we are a whipping boy its just so geared up for the big boys others dont stand a chance ,they are there to make the numbers up .I never wanted the prem but we needed it for the cash which is sad .

I also quite like the idea of the 'big 6' ( somehow Spurs are included) going off the a separate league....but I assume they would want to have both mid week super league offset with a Prem league with fewer games and teams ( or reduced cup competitions)....and we will be even further down the pile.

One of the things I often think about when i see fans of teams like Forest/Everton/Newcastle moaning about finances is that they try and argue with other teams around them when really it's the 'big six' that are pulling up the rope ladder behind them.

Clubs often have to 'bet the farm' to A) get to the premier league , then B) stay there and try and keep up with the 'big six'.

The premier league, at the moment, is too big and powerful. 'Europa league' type teams like Aston villa, Brighton and West ham can fairly easily pick the better players from the bundesliga or la liga. There's an argument that Serie A was in a similar situation in the 90s but nowadays with the finances involved if you fall behind even a little it's like falling off the cliff (see our season this year).

I've got into NFL recently as it seems there are still dominant powers in the league but everyone seems to be more beatable. Blades vs Man City at Bramall Lane was a good performance but still resulted in an inevitable defeat.

Until they do something with the money I think it will continue and continue until they do something dramatic like make it a 18 team league or something more extreme

Bit of a risky strategy that, maybe better to finish 7th in case we won the playoffs? On second thoughts ..

We need to be in the prem for the money to keep us operating at a level that keeps us doing the prem-champ-prem dance. Without it and no sign of owners with deep pockets, we will sink to L1-champ level dance and maybe worse! Think Chesterfield.

I agree with most of these comments, although maybe I'll add that if the top 6 clear off there might not be the money committed to the English leagues without them. And if we were to get into automatic promotion or the play offs, would fans be happy if we then stopped trying and let the other teams win so not to get into the Premier league? I believe most fans would want promotion tbh

I enjoyed our first season even with var

I don't enjoy us being crap and without hope from before the season started.

Last night Leeds scored a goal that was obviously offside. If something like that cost us next year let's not pretend we would shrug and go oh well!
No, we'd all get really pissed off etc. But then we'd still be able to celebrate the next goal we score, safe in the knowledge it won't be overturned

Bad decisions are still happening with VAR but even if it was perfect, this is a much, much, much worse version of football for the supporter who goes to the game

I'm at the point that I don't care that I don''t care about going back up. Football and United have sucked the joy out of going to games. I can't justify renewing my season ticket but I have done

I think the bigger problem is with the off-side rule generally.
The Leeds forward wasn't hanging around in an of-side position waiting to gain an unfair advantage.
In this instance, if he'd have set off a split second later and been on-side, the opportunity to score would have been identical.
No defender in the world was going to be able to rescue the situation.
Agreed, I said this earlier with the Coventry 4th goal. The guy was in so much space that even if he was a yard onside he getting that ball for likely the same outcome.

Looking for margins that are a pixel thick is the wrong way to go when the outcome was likely going to be the same.

I'm at the point that I don't care that I don''t care about going back up. Football and United have sucked the joy out of going to games. I can't justify renewing my season ticket but I have done
The Prince has

The premier league is no good except for the so-called top six or eight it is all set up for those clubs it going to end up like the Scottish league just the same teams win every season. They go on about fair play and a level playing field what a load of bullshit that is. Look what they have done with the FA Cup no replays.I thought the referees were poor in the championship but premier league referees are a lot worse. a player falls over no other player touched him, they fall for it. all of a sudden play stops and you don't know why. Then VAR pops up on the video screen TV whatever. after at least 2 min the ref goes to the monitor on the sidelines then take another 2 mins to decide. then you end up with a load of injury time. It's not football anymore the game is ruined.

Agree with this.

Even offside is not clear cut with VAR.

The rule regards the position of the forward player as the ball is kicked. However with frame by frame technology a player could be fractionally onside as the passer's foot makes contact with the ball and fractionally offside as the ball leaves the passer's foot 3 frames later.

It's very easy to put up a still picture showing a player clearly onside with the ball at his team mate's foot but also to put up a still picture taken milliseconds later with the ball at (about to leave) his team mate's foot and the player is clearly offside!

How do we change things

No VAR

Get rid of agents

Let’s have our game back
You will be ecstatic when the Championship starts using VAR !!

Abolish Sky and make TV replays illegal. Scrap VAR. Then nobody knows if they got it right or wrong. The scientific nature in which everything is scrutinised on TV was the beginning of the end.

Back
Top Bottom