NC Wanting to add`2 or 3 quality signings`

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

:)C'mon lads,don't forget we have the prince's money,plus the cash from our cup run,
Does anyone really believe that that our Nige would have come here when we were bottom (ish) in Lge 1,without any promises of sufficient funding in the summer?
Forget the Jan window,there is no one really available to sign perm.
Summer will be the real deal for us especially when potential signings look at our progress,I think we will all be suprised at who we sign,and who we manage to keep !
The futures bright ,it's red and white ...:)
UTB

• We won't be signing the trialist Fyvie, as he only wants to bring in players of significantly better quality in the middle of midfield to what we already have (Fyvie a decent player, but we've already got plenty of decent players in that area)
https://audioboo.fm/boos/2084024-sheff-utd-manager-nigel-clough-pre-stevenage

Things like this is what gives me faith in Cloughs recruitment.
Whereas alot of managers would have him just because he's a decent player, Clough assertively says we want signings that are significantly better than the current crop. No "make do" signings, only ones that will genuinely improve the team. The princes money will not be spent unwisely with Clough at the helm.
We might not see an exciting window in terms of turnover of players, but the ones we do bring in will be exactly what we need to progress!

Maybe, maybe not. Of course it's poster speculation, Wilson may not appeal to Clough. We have a two pronged negotiating position though:

1: How this club has turned itself around this season, plus the cup run.

2: The reason for the above, our manager.

Clough's value to this club extends way beyond the day to day interaction with his players. It's obvious he's a manager who demands much of his players, that he wants to be successful, so wouldn't any young, aspiring player want to be part of what Clough and SUFC has to offer? For most players who visit this club they'll see that the infrastructure's in place. Great ground, good training facilities, financial backing, and driving this forward, the son of Brian.

Just as we've gotten used to Clough's no nonsense approach, hopefully it will appeal to any player who want to be part of a club moving forward. Anyone with a shred of self-respect will recognise that coming here should mean a better chance of becoming a first team regular than sitting on the bench for months at another club. It might take a sell, but whether it'll take a hard sell remains to be seen.

Wishful thinking IMHO. Players don't put nearly that much emphasis on the man in charge, or turnaround stories. It's cash, cash, cash, league position......manager being somewhere down the list.

I will bare my arse on the town hall steps if we sign Callum Wilson :)

UTB

Wishful thinking IMHO. Players don't put nearly that much emphasis on the man in charge, or turnaround stories. It's cash, cash, cash, league position......manager being somewhere down the list.

UTB
Cant wait alco:oops:

UTB

A case of after the Lord Mayor's show I think, it's been reported that Wilson may be on the move to Wolves, so tick him off of the list and move onto the next potential forward.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the relevance of a manager. It's all supposition and opinion about what each individual does or does not consider to be important. Unless you know many footballers personally, I suspect this is a case of a view formed from afar. I agree that many appear to be fixated on the phrase, "How much?", but there are also those who see another picture, one that extends beyond the tip of their nose.

A case of after the Lord Mayor's show I think, it's been reported that Wilson may be on the move to Wolves, so tick him off of the list and move onto the next potential forward.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the relevance of a manager. It's all supposition and opinion about what each individual does or does not consider to be important. Unless you know many footballers personally, I suspect this is a case of a view formed from afar. I agree that many appear to be fixated on the phrase, "How much?", but there are also those who see another picture, one that extends beyond the tip of their nose.

....or beard.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the relevance of a manager. It's all supposition and opinion about what each individual does or does not consider to be important. Unless you know many footballers personally, I suspect this is a case of a view formed from afar. I agree that many apootball for a livingpear to be fixated on the phrase, "How much?", but there are also those who see another picture, one that extends beyond the tip of their nose.

And it has always been so IIYB These days, I don't claim to know many guys who play football.Those I know, through parents and family,are level headed and consider that family, schooling and friends are higher up the list than the thirty pieces of silver to be gained when the agent says jump. They recall the standard wage. They hare not greedy and realise that football has given them a standard of living that otherwise they could only have dreamed about. Yes There are such good guys around.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom