Naughton bid rejected

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Vistoma

Reaction score
http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2...-united-reject-evertons-bid-for-kyle-naughton

Everton were earlier today reported to have tabled a relatively sizeable bid for Sheffield United's highly-rated right-back Kyle Naughton, a Blades academy product who has already made 40 appearances for the club's first-team despite being only 20.

Naughton played a significant role in helping the Blades reach the Championship play-off final at Wembley in May, where they were beaten 1-0 by Owen Coyle's Burnley side, and it had looked as though Everton were offering him another almost immediate opportunity to jump into the Premier League.

Everton's bid was reported to be an initial £3.5 million, with additional payments based upon appearances and performances taking the final figure up to £5 million.

However, Sky Sports News are now reporting that that bid has been turned down by the South Yorkshire club, who seem to rate the defender, who can also play in midfield, more highly than the price the Toffees have initially offered.

Whether David Moyes returns with an improved bid remains to be seen, although Manchester United have also been linked with the player in the English press.

apparently Villa have matched the bid too,

Have we started an old fashioned bidding war?

apparently Villa have matched the bid too,

Have we started an old fashioned bidding war?

I'd love it if we have and still say no to them all :D

With nothing at all coming out officially I'll just wait and see before making comments about if we are strong enough to reist or cheap as chips.
No news is good news at the moment.

and you never know, whatever bid may or maynot come in, if Kyle N doesn't want to go then he doesn't want to go. (Hopefully)

I'd hold out for as much as possible if we are to sell him.

7 million he can go for me, as long as we keep Killa and Walker, with naughton coming back we should keep the solid defence

One of my mates, his cousin is Frazier Richardson, and according to my mate he's out of contract. Worth a punt? He's a decent full back

EDIT: something completely off the mark i got wrong, apologies :)

One of my mates, his cousin is Frazier Richardson, and according to my mate he's out of contract. Worth a punt? He's a decent full back

It'd have to be a great deal to make it a priority for me. We've got two potentially top class full backs in the two Kyles (at least for now!) - a Scottish international full back in Naysmith - Del Geary would be a contender if he ever regains the form he had in the Premiership - and Brombs as cover - - and we've even seen Monty play at right back too.

No shortage of quality there - so lets spend what money we have on a creative midfielder and someone who can find the back of the net.

The only reason Geary isn't playing is because he has Arthritis in his knees.

Can't see him ever being fit enough again.

The only reason Geary isn't playing is because he has Arthritis in his knees.

Can't see him ever being fit enough again.
Spoke to him about 3 months ago and he was aiming to get fit for pre-season. My wife saw him the other night at a restaurant and he was limping like a good un. :(

Spoke to him about 3 months ago and he was aiming to get fit for pre-season. My wife saw him the other night at a restaurant and he was limping like a good un. :(

It's a huge shame because he always gave it his all and was always very reliable.

Well my mates sisters best mates mothers best mates father said he's out of contract at the post office too! We should get him aswell

Back
Top Bottom