Player Suggestion Nathan Redmond

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
Nathan Redmond on a free transfer. Always been unrealistic for us before.

But he's just turned 29, finishing a strong year in Turkey, but has described getting back to the Prem as would be "great".

A good prem player but because he's 8 or 9 years older than richer teams would like to sign, he might not be flush with options. We can't necessarily be fussy with our budget, especially on creative players.

Totally away from the profile the club are said to be looking for i.e. younger players with the ability to play at the level but also improve / increase their value. That said, I've always rated Redmond and was surprised when he left Southampton.
I wouldn't be opposed to him being signed.

Totally away from the profile the club are said to be looking for i.e. younger players with the ability to play at the level but also improve / increase their value. That said, I've always rated Redmond and was surprised when he left Southampton.
I wouldn't be opposed to him being signed.
Exactly that!

Would definitely take him if possible. If he gets a fresh start at a club where he's important I think he'd do well

He’d also be on my list of considerations.

The argument against those saying his profile doesn’t fit etc is this:

David ‘Didzy’ McGoldrick.

On that, I rest my case, Your Honour 😉
If you're in your late 20s then your to old to sign for Blades according to some fans.

Redmond is proven quality unlike shite suggestions like Ampadu.

He would be a great signing. He is quality and can play a number of different positions, he's experienced, not too old and would provide us with another 'Ndiaye type' option.

However I would imagine there will be quite a few suitors so wages might be a problem.

He’s a winger; so where does he fit into our current style of play?
Can play left wing, right wing, second striker.

For a team that sometimes plays 3-4-3 and other times plays with a second striker I’d see him performing a Didzy type role. Even as a winger, he’s a guy that roams, not really one to just hug the touchline.

Always thought he was underrated, so would look to see him at the Lane. Not entirely sure how he’d fit into our side/if he’d want big money; these would be the only sticking points really.

Don't think southampton would be 10 point + adrift if they still had Redmond. If he'll come and we can afford the wages it's a no brainer. Get him in.

I know he can play behind a striker but he was always best as a winger. I suspect his wage demands, especially on a free, will be way too much anyway. Good signing if Ndiaye leaves, but otherwise we don't play to his strengths (and signing square pegs rarely works for us).

would be a great signing and could play in a 2 with nidaye behind a main striker a new main striker hopefully mcburnie and brewster nowhere near good enough for that role

Could be a wise free transfer to be honest but doesn't sound like we are in for him.

If Wolves or lets be honest Burnley are in for him on a free they will likely offer better wages than us so story may be ended.

Burnley are just going to sign every winger

Only chance we'd have with Redmond is to promise he'd be a key player for us, rather than maybe a 20 game starter elsewhere

Remember when he totally destroyed us in the fa cup playing for brum

We can't compete with Burnley or Wolves for wages, but a shame, would be a perfect fit for our system under Hecky, experienced and still a good few years in him.

Burnley are just going to sign every winger

Only chance we'd have with Redmond is to promise he'd be a key player for us, rather than maybe a 20 game starter elsewhere
He's only a signing if Ndiaye goes, imo. He's not going to play regularly as Ndiaye has the shirt. We don't play wingers and we're not going to utilise three up top.

He's a cheap alternative to Benson for Burnley - who they can't afford at £15m.

Good player!

We'll compete with Burnley on wages this season - not sure why so many on here think we won't. Their top earners (Rodriguez) will be on more than Utd's but overall budgets will be similar

He was a consideration for me earlier too.

Then it came to me ther he might want paying!

That made me have to seriously reconsider .

Back
Top Bottom