Player Suggestion Nathan Byrne

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mesut Özil's Lawnmower

Reaction score
Forcing his way out of Derby under the same rule Buchanan's used, would be a great pick up whilst Bogle is injured and/or if Baldock goes elsewhere. He looked quality for Derby last season, wages wouldn't be insane either.

Not seen him linked with us specifically yet but 5/6 champ clubs interested apparently.

Bob Harris is still having nightmares.

I wouldn’t be against it if furious George left though not sure we need 3 right backs even with Bogle being out for a while longer yet.

Think I mentioned him in another thread as being great cover for Bogle if we sold Baldock.

How is 30 too old for a back up that just had one of the best seasons of his career?

Genuinely don't know what some of our fans expect us to sign as depth/competition

How is 30 too old for a back up that just had one of the best seasons of his career?

Genuinely don't know what some of our fans expect us to sign as depth/competition
Do our fans realise we won't have Bogle back until October at the earliest? What happens if Baldock goes or gets injured? We'd have an academy player or option of putting a left footer there. Personally, I think it would be a decent short term option, but I think he'll be after 2/3 contract. More likely that we ll get a 6 month loan player in.

I like this. Good player still, but would not take up a long contract or high salary. Very good in the final third, which we are really gonna need from the wing backs this season. Would allow us to cash in on Baldock, while he has some value still.

I'd definitely take him.
A really good player at this level.
We don't need three RBs though.
So it would depend on whether Baldock is planning on making this Greek move and how long Bogle is going to be out for.

Do our fans realise we won't have Bogle back until October at the earliest? What happens if Baldock goes or gets injured? We'd have an academy player or option of putting a left footer there. Personally, I think it would be a decent short term option, but I think he'll be after 2/3 contract. More likely that we ll get a 6 month loan player in.

Basham

I don't think our fans realise a lot of things when it comes to having a squad, not just an XI

Would be a no-brainer if the price was right.
If Berge goes.... How crazy of an idea would it be to move either him or Bogle into the midfield, both have oodles of talent going forward and both have engines to play that role.

Would be a no-brainer if the price was right.
If Berge goes.... How crazy of an idea would it be to move either him or Bogle into the midfield, both have oodles of talent going forward and both have engines to play that role.

Bogle has the ability to be a semi decent winger I'd say, but definitely still best utilised at wing back

Liked him in L1.Not really kicked on much. We could probably do worse for a stopgap.

Has this been officially announced yet? Not questioning you as such, just wondering what your source is.

I've seen a few people saying the same recently but I haven't seen anything to officially confirm it, and I've been told that he'll be "back back" sometime early-mid September - from a pretty reliable source - so I'm just wondering where people have got "October at the earliest" from?

So dismissing a player you haven't watched then, perfect, just the input needed 👍
You don't have to seen every player to have an opinion on them. I've never seen Ahmedhodzic play (as I guess most haven't) but I am happy with the signing as he is (a) a good age (b) has a good reputation (c) seems like the sort of player that can take us to that next level and (d) has a resale value - Bryne has none of these attributes.

I'm not disputing the fact that he's got some good stats from last season. But as we know, some good stats from one season, doesn't necessarily equate to a good, prudent signing.

We also have two good left backs who we will be paying handsomely. Osborn did a good job stepping in at RWB, if we are struggling.

Back
Top Bottom