My take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
Watched it on stream on my phone, in one aspect as the phone pic wouldn't rotate, in my caravan whilst at Hayling Island. I'm used to watching it on a fuck off 65" curved HD TV so this was a new experience for me. Oh, and it was in Portuguese too.

It was a better match than the previous two, but saying that, Leeds were largely struggling with the game themselves. They gave away the ball a lot and were easily dispossessed. Not ofr some pretty fucking outstanding keeping we may have nicked a result.

Positives from the game:

Wingbacks were better and the midfield had a shade more involvement and control. The back three, despite their cobbled together appearance, looked as though they could cope but we still have an acre of space and connectivity between the midfield three and the front two. Crossing slightly better, but still not great.

Negatives:

Scoring goals. If Didsy and Burke are asked to go chase into the channels and augment a pretty static midfield, they aren't in the danger area and we won't score. And we fuck about far too much trying to find the magic moment to either cross or play the ball in.

Out of ten

Ramsdale 6/10: Would have got a 7, because I thought he played quite well, bu that fucking attempt at a pretty weak header (again) was simply laughable
Baldock 7/0: Thought he had a decent, committed and involved game, if not our biggest goal threat
Ampadu 6/10: He's meant to be a bit of a swiss army knife player isn't he? Not in this position.
Robinson 5/10: Sory, he isn't that great. And to let a pretty lightweight centre forward like Bamford do you in the six yard box is pretty unforgivable
Stevens 5/10: With each game, we see Enda's limitations moe and more exposed. He knows this and unfortunately as much as he tries, I think it's time he was benched to get some perspective and see if this position can be improved upon
Lundstram 5/10: I'm at a loss as to how he gets a start to be honest. He wasn't that bad today in small packages, but he's kinda 'playing on his own' at times and seems a bit pissed with his own self-belief. In what, I am unsure.
Osborn 6/10: tenacious, but really ineffective if truth be told. His crossing from corners was (largely) okay mind
Berge 7/10; A better game for him in that we see him controlling his position and the midfield more. We must remember though that this is Leeds United, and I'd expect him to do that
McGoldrick 6/10: Didsy does what he can but he's not threatening anyone playing in a 'am I an No10 or a striker?' position. Some deftness, but whereas last season we were all willing his first PL goal to go in, this season we all know he's not gonna score in a top line league match.
Burke 6/10: I give many or our strikers low marks. I's not because they've had bad games, but because they have had zero service. Today was no different.

Norwood 5/10: Pretty pointless substitution of one player who was going to make zero impact for one player who was making zero impact
McBurnie 4/10: Did one decent thing in playing in Baldock.
Sharp 4/10: Why?

I am troubled now as to the amount Wilder has spent yet his starting eleven and substitutes reference last season and the season before, even though now we have lost a bounce of some worryingly winnable games. This season is going to be fucking tough, made even more so now by what is a disastrous start. For people who say 'it'll be reyt' and stop fucking worrying' the big chance to get three valuable points was today - over the next month we'll be lucky to get one point given our confidence and ability to grind out a result. Face it, if we'd have drawn with Wolves, Villa and Leeds we'd be just as worried, but we'd have three points. We have lost three times and have nil and are propping the division up. Sure, Wilder started with this aspect five years ago, but this is the PL, and not L1 which, given our players back then, was there for the taking.

We need to sign decent,playable players, change the formation and tactics and stop fannying about. Getting relegated this season won't be acceptable.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom