My mate text me this morning and asked....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bertie Mee

Reaction score
How long do we give him?

My reply was - as long as he wants to be here. Who better to take us back up than him?

He further replied ‘yeah but this is embarrassing I can’t see us winning a game’. My reply was as follows:

I know what you mean and I think his stubbornness is part of the reason we are where we are. Sticking with McBurnie is a fuck up. As soon as I see the line up I just have that sinking feeling as I just know we are not going to score. He’s a battler but not in no fucking way a £20m striker. Norwood shouldn’t be anywhere near the team this season he gives the ball away too easily. Not playing Burke compared to our other striking options - don’t get it. Lowe isn’t premiership. We’ve played tippy tappy most of the season on the wings rather than getting it knocked in you could have sympathy for McBurnie in that department. What’s happened to Sharp? Doesn’t even make it in to the squad. He’s worth more than that. Not sure if you’ve noticed but Wilder and Knill don’t seem to be together. They are normally joined at the hip but they are distanced on the sideline - something not right there. This was potentially always going to happen. Whilst we were loving all of the last 5 years and what a perfect fit CW was I always thought that this fairy tale would, and will come to an end and I was dreading the day. CW is one of us. HTF do you think he’s feeling? I just didn’t expect it to come so soon after what we did last season. It’s as if somebody has just turned the leccy off. I don’t believe this can be all down to losing JOC, Mousett (he hardly played him anyway) and Fleck. Has it had an influence? Yeah of course but not complete devastation to the team. I think losing Hendo goes along way in to this seasons difficulties - maybe we should have broken the bank and signed him? For me he’s the best keeper in the country. Where CW could be questioned is recruitment - he’s fucking shit with money and this may be his downfall. The only signing of any note is Berge and have you noticed his head has started to drop? Ramsdale was on a hiding to nothing after Hendo. I think he might get there if he can improve on his positioning and coming out for crosses (commanding his area) but at the moment he doesn’t give me complete confidence. I would put McBurnie in a taxi today, Brewster isn’t fit yet and I don’t think we are playing to his strengths anyway. Burke is essentially a winger but totally deserves more game time. He can destroy people with his pace. Lowe & Bogle = championship level. His insistence not to break our wage structure is what will ultimately kill us. We performed last season based on momentum and adrenaline. We can’t afford to buy players for investment for the future when the problems are right here right now. Whatever the fuck happens we’re still Blades aren’t we?

How long do we give him?

My reply was - as long as he wants to be here. Who better to take us back up than him?

He further replied ‘yeah but this is embarrassing I can’t see us winning a game’. My reply was as follows:

I know what you mean and I think his stubbornness is part of the reason we are where we are. Sticking with McBurnie is a fuck up. As soon as I see the line up I just have that sinking feeling as I just know we are not going to score. He’s a battler but not in no fucking way a £20m striker. Norwood shouldn’t be anywhere near the team this season he gives the ball away too easily. Not playing Burke compared to our other striking options - don’t get it. Lowe isn’t premiership. We’ve played tippy tappy most of the season on the wings rather than getting it knocked in you could have sympathy for McBurnie in that department. What’s happened to Sharp? Doesn’t even make it in to the squad. He’s worth more than that. Not sure if you’ve noticed but Wilder and Knill don’t seem to be together. They are normally joined at the hip but they are distanced on the sideline - something not right there. This was potentially always going to happen. Whilst we were loving all of the last 5 years and what a perfect fit CW was I always thought that this fairy tale would, and will come to an end and I was dreading the day. CW is one of us. HTF do you think he’s feeling? I just didn’t expect it to come so soon after what we did last season. It’s as if somebody has just turned the leccy off. I don’t believe this can be all down to losing JOC, Mousett (he hardly played him anyway) and Fleck. Has it had an influence? Yeah of course but not complete devastation to the team. I think losing Hendo goes along way in to this seasons difficulties - maybe we should have broken the bank and signed him? For me he’s the best keeper in the country. Where CW could be questioned is recruitment - he’s fucking shit with money and this may be his downfall. The only signing of any note is Berge and have you noticed his head has started to drop? Ramsdale was on a hiding to nothing after Hendo. I think he might get there if he can improve on his positioning and coming out for crosses (commanding his area) but at the moment he doesn’t give me complete confidence. I would put McBurnie in a taxi today, Brewster isn’t fit yet and I don’t think we are playing to his strengths anyway. Burke is essentially a winger but totally deserves more game time. He can destroy people with his pace. Lowe & Bogle = championship level. His insistence not to break our wage structure is what will ultimately kill us. We performed last season based on momentum and adrenaline. We can’t afford to buy players for investment for the future when the problems are right here right now. Whatever the fuck happens we’re still Blades aren’t we?

That's one hell of a text message

"Can't be down to losing JOC, Moose and Fleck?"

They are probably THE three most influential players of last season in terms of defending creating chances and finishing.

Jesus I despair sometimes!

Don't know how we can rate Bogle he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet.
I can rate Bogle's VFM - we paid some millions for a lad that hasn't made the 18 , never mind the 11.
But we play his less expensive leftie mate who isn't ready for PL.

More like a 50 page story. A text cor I bet he had that wrote down in preparation to msg you his speech for the day haha.

"Can't be down to losing JOC, Moose and Fleck?"

They are probably THE three most influential players of last season in terms of defending creating chances and finishing.

Jesus I despair sometimes!
He hardly played Mousett? And if JOC and Fleck were as critical as you suggest it means we don’t have no depth in the squad - muppet.

Back
Top Bottom