MOTD

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VictoryBlade

BobbyJ
Reaction score
As I never watch can someone tell me if the presenters were creaming themselves because Burnley actually manged a win? If so sad tossers!

I somewhat struggle to give much of a shit about what the media thinks of us or anyone around us. Burnley will win the popularity contest over us but the reality is they're not much better than we are and let's be honest, the media don't really give a shit about anything below the top half anyway.

My concerns are laying with the squad and staff, seemingly given up and there doesn't seem to be much a gel between them. Some of the results this club has had to grind out in the recent past has been helped hugely but them being a squad playing for club, manager and each other, I don't know but it just seems like they're all individuals at the moment.

The last thing on my mind is what MOTD is saying about us or anyone else.

Forget it, were the wrong side of the hill to matter, always have been, I mean, we only gave the world the fucking game afterall!

Pisses me off seeing the newspaper reports saying 'Burnley gave their survival hopes a huge boost...' - while we, with our near-identical record - are doomed apparently.

Pisses me off seeing the newspaper reports saying 'Burnley gave their survival hopes a huge boost...' - while we, with our near-identical record - are doomed apparently.
I can't particularly say I'm fussed about staying up but if we somehow pull off the miracle to define all miracles and stay up I'd enjoy the reaction from all these people who seemingly dislike united the most.

Reactions: Dkc

So much better when Linekar is presenting it. Quality operator, quality man.
His attempts at making jokes out of hard to pronounce surnames was cringe worthy during the Chelsea v Leicester match today.

Look, we are probably as big, if not bigger (not wealthier) than Burnley and Luton put together. So the sympathy vote was never gonna be with us. Unfortunately we haven’t got a former Premier league hero or a young up and coming rookie manager in our technical area…So there’s no real story that accompanies our rise into the Premier league. Nobody in the football media is remotely interested in our impoverished tales of woe…Also our abject displays have tarnished the brand.

So much better when Linekar is presenting it. Quality operator, quality man.

Quality tax dodger:

Lineker’s Past Tax Issues​

This is not the first time that Lineker has been involved in a tax dispute with HMRC. In 2012, he was forced to pay £4.9 million in back taxes after being found to have used a tax avoidance scheme. Lineker has stated that he regrets using the scheme and has since taken steps to ensure that he pays his fair share of tax.

I think that the actual word that you are looking for to describe his sanctimonius twattery, is 'hypocrite'.

Quality tax dodger:

Lineker’s Past Tax Issues​

This is not the first time that Lineker has been involved in a tax dispute with HMRC. In 2012, he was forced to pay £4.9 million in back taxes after being found to have used a tax avoidance scheme. Lineker has stated that he regrets using the scheme and has since taken steps to ensure that he pays his fair share of tax.

I think that the actual word that you are looking for to describe his sanctimonius twattery, is 'hypocrite'.

Mark of the man that he paid what was owed. Straight up pundit and straight up fella. Hopefully it’ll be Sir Gary before long 🙏

Mark of the man that he paid what was owed. Straight up pundit and straight up fella. Hopefully it’ll be Sir Gary before long 🙏

Not sure how you see that as a positive. He only fussed up after he'd been found out.

He's a hypocrite, pure and simple. Posting bollocks tweets about how we should spend more publc money on his trendy causes, but not wanting to contribute to the tax pot in the first place.

I'm more of the 'smug twat' opinion, than your 'straight up fella'.

Back
Top Bottom