MOTD-2 !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Two games, one a routine win for Liverpool, the other has numerous var decisions, two penalties and the latest ever Premier league goal. We are of course on second
5 Live as I was driving home mentioned how it was an exciting game and the news tonight (ch 4 or itv) said thrilling end to end game…

I thought our penalty was valid. Mcburnie was looking at the ball and only had his arms out to leverage his jump. Their dopey cunt of a keeper decided to smash his head straight into McBurnie's elbow but also took him out in the process.

I thought our penalty was valid. Mcburnie was looking at the ball and only had his arms out to leverage his jump. Their dopey cunt of a keeper decided to smash his head straight into McBurnie's elbow but also took him out in the process.
I think that is accurate. But we did get lucky they gave it. They don't always get given.

McBurnie is actually sandwiched as well impacting him trying to meet the ball.

In defence of the referee I thought he had a good game and got the major decisions spot on. Not sure why our penalty was awarded was it the push on McBurnie from the defender or the keeper wiping him out? Still the same result whichever neither of the went for or got near the ball they were more concerned with stopping McBurnie getting his head on it, result Penalty kick.
On the shout for the West Ham penalty MOD2 showed the incident from the John st corner view which shows Bowen clearly with his hands on Anel's shoulders pulling him on to him as he cleverly falls to claim a penalty another correct decision from the ref to wave it away.
On the red cards again spot on although VAR did help him get it right with Brewster's stupid tackle. The West Ham player only has himself to blame gets a yellow for mouthing off then a few minutes later turns his back on McAtee and stamps on his foot a tackle worth the 2nd yellow all day long. I really don't see what Moyes and the biased West Ham pundits have to moan about.

All depends on the view you had for the penalty. For those on the John Street side of the kop it 100% clear the defender pushed McBurnie into the goalkeeper as he was lining up to head the ball, hence the loud appeals from that side of the kop. Definitely a penalty and a great decision by the referee. To me we got away with the one at the end though. Anel would have got a second yellow as well. What was he thinking?

All depends on the view you had for the penalty. For those on the John Street side of the kop it 100% clear the defender pushed McBurnie into the goalkeeper as he was lining up to head the ball, hence the loud appeals from that side of the kop. Definitely a penalty and a great decision by the referee. To me we got away with the one at the end though. Anel would have got a second yellow as well. What was he thinking?

Clearly a penalty. McBurnie looking for the ball, goalkeeper dangerous punch.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-22 074558.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-22 074558.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 2024-01-22 074655.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-22 074655.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 87

Two games, one a routine win for Liverpool, the other has numerous var decisions, two penalties and the latest ever Premier league goal. We are of course on second
You know they love to do the "top" of the table first on MOTD unless something bizarre happens like an 8-0 or when Pompey and Reading had the 7-4

He was thinking he was being pulled down by Bowen whilst expecting to head a cross away from danger

Clearly a penalty. McBurnie looking for the ball, goalkeeper dangerous punch.
It’s pissing me off this league big time.

VAR has destroyed footy as we/they spend all the time going off about ref decisions instead of the game of football.

All I’ve read in the nationals and sports sites is how Utd shouldn’t have had a penalty but they should have.

McBurnie was fouled not by the keeper but the shove from the player. Bowen and Anel fought out a tussle and neither won.

It’s bloody shite the amount of times this seasons games finish in controversy backed by bias.

Bring back division 1, get rid of VAR and for gods sake cap wages.

It’s pissing me off this league big time.

VAR has destroyed footy as we/they spend all the time going off about ref decisions instead of the game of football.

All I’ve read in the nationals and sports sites is how Utd shouldn’t have had a penalty but they should have.

McBurnie was fouled not by the keeper but the shove from the player. Bowen and Anel fought out a tussle and neither won.

It’s bloody shite the amount of times this seasons games finish in controversy backed by bias.

Bring back division 1, get rid of VAR and for gods sake cap wages.

a46065c2a64c099c0dfd84943cbfa17d.gif

The highlights on MoTD2 were terrible - very West Ham-centric, and you would’ve thought there was only one team in it. The pundits as usual decided we should’ve lost, but they did pick up on some good bits we did (that weren’t shown in the highlights). Of course, highlighting McAtee enables them to mention Man City, so they can bring it round to something they care about.

The highlights on MoTD2 were terrible - very West Ham-centric, and you would’ve thought there was only one team in it. The pundits as usual decided we should’ve lost, but they did pick up on some good bits we did (that weren’t shown in the highlights). Of course, highlighting McAtee enables them to mention Man City, so they can bring it round to something they care about.

Yep, they kept most of our good passages of play (most of which admittedly did involve McAtee) for the post highlights analysis, and didn't even show them in the actual highlights section. That led to the impression that we did nothing in the first half before West Ham scored, when in reality it was hugely against the run of play and we had been all over them.

They did say that we deserved something from the match though, and that we are playing well under Wilder, so fair enough.

That’s a very balanced view - you have a chip on both shoulders

You can clearly see anel being dragged down by bowen before the ball comes across

Watch anels head jerk violently forward ,its obvious he's been pulled first
After that I admit it looks like he has hold of bowen but he's just falling on top of him

Thought it was a pen live and the replays didn't seem to show why it wasn't given. MOTD 2 clearly show it. And that's why var didn't get involved

The inquest on the reaction pages on the BBC website is a joke. They've decided to ask Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole, who, surprise, surprise, think that our penalty wasn't one and the one on Bowen was. Some good totally unbiased opinions there then! The comments also infer that West Ham therefore should have won because this could affect their chances of european qualification. Never mind that we actually played better than them for the majority of the game, a fact that has seemingly been lost on most commentators.

At least on MOTD 2, Murphy and Given agreed the one on Bowen wasn't as Bowen was clearly trying to hold down Anel. And they said we'd played well too.

I hate the Premier League, the whole brand, the looking after the big boys, the love in with the 'big six', fucking VAR which has turned out to be a fucking farce, not consistent and hasn't improved the game one bit. It just seems to make me angry every time I go to a game this season.

Back
Top Bottom