Mostafa Mohamed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thing is, nowadays the left are so used to getting away with being judge, jury and executioner, they don't consciously know they're doing it. It's a natural reaction for them - 'think what we think, do as we do - or else....' Especially over the pond, where it's akin to North Korea Lite in most democrat strongholds.

Aside from owt else (and there's been good, gathered points here from both sides amongst the odd pub bore daft comment from either) it's not about LGBTQ rights as such really is it?

Nobody's asking him to back or believe in owt, it's not about that is it, it's about showing that we're welcoming and not intolerant towards anyone.

Black lives matter doesn't ask you to become militant, just to agree that it's pretty poor for people to be treated as lesser because of the colour of their skin. Same with this and homophobia.

If he said he didn't agree with some of the causes and didn't want to take part in a campaign for gay rights, fair play feller that's your right. To object to something against homophobia though is obviously a wee bit further.

So no, it isn't fascism to suggest he should object against fascism. And no, I'm not a Guardian reader, a social worker from Nether Edge or any of the other banal insults which get thrown by a (very) select handful on here at anyone who can string a sentence together. Most on here (as shown by this thread on the whole) are sound folk who hear each other out. UTB.

He should probably sign for a club in a Muslim country where people who are LGBT+ don't have rights.

I respect the considered view of Booker4. I also understand the argument it should just be about football. However, we are a club (players, staff, and fans) and that should mean we support each other. Players and staff are paid to represent the club, and that means more than just playing football. We shouldn't sign a player who refuses to support our LGB+ community. He shouldn't want to play for a club where that is expected. Hence, I don't think we are a good fit.

This.

I actually AGREE with his views that if it's against his beliefs then he shouldn't be forced to play.

However Sheffield United is known as a proud supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and I'm proud of our club for being so.

Simply we are not the right club for him and vice versa.

Seems to know his Nantes stuff with over 15k followers

Aside from owt else (and there's been good, gathered points here from both sides amongst the odd pub bore daft comment from either) it's not about LGBTQ rights as such really is it?

Nobody's asking him to back or believe in owt, it's not about that is it, it's about showing that we're welcoming and not intolerant towards anyone.

Black lives matter doesn't ask you to become militant, just to agree that it's pretty poor for people to be treated as lesser because of the colour of their skin. Same with this and homophobia.

If he said he didn't agree with some of the causes and didn't want to take part in a campaign for gay rights, fair play feller that's your right. To object to something against homophobia though is obviously a wee bit further.

So no, it isn't fascism to suggest he should object against fascism. And no, I'm not a Guardian reader, a social worker from Nether Edge or any of the other banal insults which get thrown by a (very) select handful on here at anyone who can string a sentence together. Most on here (as shown by this thread on the whole) are sound folk who hear each other out. UTB.
Wow, I just learnt being a social worker from Nether Edge is part of the great pantheon of liberal stereotypes 😃

Wow, I just learnt being a social worker from Nether Edge is part of the great pantheon of liberal stereotypes 😃
Yes mate, a quote my way from a particular bollockchops a wee while back

Reckon the SUFC media team let the link go without correcting it to give this forum something to talk about.
This forum doesn’t need help in finding topics to talk about. It doesn’t need help either in finding about 40+ players who are about to join us !!

Back
Top Bottom