Most saves in the Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
1700153206097.png

Ok its not the perfect metric to assess how well a goalkeeper is doing, nevertheless he's had a decent season in my book and I am puzzled at the small minority who believe he's a significant problem.

Hopefully he signs a new contract, though I'm sure he wouldn't be short of options elsewhere if he decided not to, such as being a number 2 at a top 6 club.

Well done Wes!

57 saves and we've conceded 31 goals. 12 games in. Yikes.

Change the 13 goals conceded to Toon and Arse into 1 -0 losses and that brings the goals against down to 20, less then Shammers and Brighton!

It's not really skewing anything, it did actually happen
If you've played the game at any level above school team, you know the difference.
Defending against a team that's already put 4 past you with ease, compared with defending a scrappy 1 nil, is quite different.

If you've played the game at any level above school team, you know the difference.
Defending against a team that's already put 4 past you with ease, compared with defending a scrappy 1 nil, is quite different.

yeah we should get those 6 goals chalked off our goals against column because our heads were down

Does it say how many attempts in total that other teams have had at our goal?

yeah we should get those 6 goals chalked off our goals against column because our heads were down
Yeah right, that's exactly what I was saying.... FFS!
This place gets more like Facebook every week.
"""I've read your comment as an attack, so here is my bat shit interpretation of what i imagine you meant, with added sarcastic rebuke!!!!"""
🤐

View attachment 174732

Ok its not the perfect metric to assess how well a goalkeeper is doing, nevertheless he's had a decent season in my book and I am puzzled at the small minority who believe he's a significant problem.

Hopefully he signs a new contract, though I'm sure he wouldn't be short of options elsewhere if he decided not to, such as being a number 2 at a top 6 club.

Well done Wes!

Its a good stat and its part of the Golden Glove awards at the end of the season.
Those 57 saves could be 57 goals ! :)

While clean sheets may be big at the top of the table, at the other end, saves may be more important. A goalkeeper who can make saves when needed could be the difference between relegation and staying in the Premier League for another season. That’s why it’s no surprise to see some of the lower-ranked teams have their goalkeepers high up on the saves list.

View attachment 174732

Well done Wes!
No way would he make a number 2 at a top six club a 3 maybe

Hes not the best, hence why he's never been near this level at his age. However he's not horrendous and he's what we've got so he has full support off me.

IMG_7169.jpeg
In terms of post-shot xG, he’s solidly middle of the pack.

Crossing, unsurprisingly is a concern though:
IMG_7170.jpeg

I think away from BDTBL Wes will most likely end up no. 1 at Rangers, i just can’t see him having the profile of being a PL no. 1 again, might go to a championship team but i’d imagine he’ll stay with us for the long haul, he’s found his level

I think away from BDTBL Wes will most likely end up no. 1 at Rangers, i just can’t see him having the profile of being a PL no. 1 again, might go to a championship team but i’d imagine he’ll stay with us for the long haul, he’s found his level
The club that got rid of him cos he wasn't good enough, that now have jack butland, where the hell did you think that one up.

The club that got rid of him cos he wasn't good enough, that now have jack butland, where the hell did you think that one up.
The team that he was linked with again last season, i’d imagine being GK competition at a CL team might entice him if his contract runs down with us

The team that he was linked with again last season, i’d imagine being GK competition at a CL team might entice him if his contract runs down with us
They've already got rid of him once for not being good enough, they have an outstanding goalkeeper now and they aren't In the champions league. And most likely won't be next year either. I'd guess you were bang on with the other part though that he will stay with us most likely in the championship for 1 more year.

Yeah right, that's exactly what I was saying.... FFS!
This place gets more like Facebook every week.
"""I've read your comment as an attack, so here is my bat shit interpretation of what i imagine you meant, with added sarcastic rebuke!!!!"""
🤐
😂😂 floors yours to elaborate your point.

I see your point but it doesn’t negate the fact that stats are stats and it’s literally just counting?

View attachment 174732

Well done Wes!

Well done Wes for what?

He hasn't done anything.

All this shows is that Foderingham plays for the team with the worst defence in the league.

Anyway I'm kinda pleased we have him, again middle of the pack for who we've had recently
(IMO)
Henderson
Ramsdale
Foderingham
Moore
Davies
Blackman
Olsen
Think that's all of them...no wait how could I forget the legendary Jake Eastwood.

Back
Top Bottom