Most annoyed after winning a game?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
It's a strange feeling after winning a thrilling derby match that so many, including myself, feel more annoyed about how we nearly threw it away rather than primarily being delighted with the result.

I can't think of many instances of being more frustrated after we've won a match, except when we beat Burton which was marred by Coutt's injury in 2017.

Can anyone else, or is this a first?

Colchester away when Chris Porter scored a late and very undeserved winner. We had been awful all game and we knew the win only papered over the cracks.

Not a win but Exeter 4-4 was awful under Danny Wilson. Losing at half time, then went 3-2 up then 3-3, winning 4-3 on 85 minutes and then conceded on 86. Strange game. Shit journey home.

The side this year is playing a lot like that side back in 2011, results all over the place. We were on the end of some hammerings defensively, but he then ends up being the best manager statistically we have had 51% win ratio. IMO we will go onto having a season like under Wilson, some uncanny similarities.

In terms of a win 5-3 against Bournemouth at the lane, 4-1 up then somehow 4-3 in the last minutes or so, before blackman scores a penalty.

Last edited:
When we won Wednesdays 0-0.

Joking aside, a lot of the time under Blackwell. Most games were awful.

The bouncing day massacre has replaced this now. 42 years is a bit too long to hold on to a result
Old Testament. Book of revelations. Chapter nine verse 26.
Underestimate ye not, the reasoning of the unwashed. For they and only they, cherish miracles witnessed by their own eyes. Even though unbegat until
10 years and twenty beyond.
Amen.
Happy St. Crispin's day.

Last edited:
Happy St. Crispin's day.
Indeed. Stitch that you froggy twats!

This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Indeed. Stitch that you froggy twats!

This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
Nice oneJB. Sadly, overshadowed in the annals by the QPR3K.

I must be getting too old for it all, but I am seemingly not nearly as annoyed about yesterday as many are. Yes we had a 15 minute brainfart against the worst team in the league, yes it was a dreadful first half, yes our midfield and defence are as weak as piss when under pressure, but we did enough, scored 3 decent goals, then hung on and deserved the win.

Also, if anyone thought that our 2nd most despised local rival weren't going to stick at least one on us at some point over 90 minutes, then they are approaching pig levels of delusion. It simply doesn't work like that in local derbies, or very rarely anyway (ironically Liverpool pumping ManU 5-0 on the same day was a rare example).

In terms of the question, I agree that several wins under Blackwell were largely joyless. At least this current crop are good to watch going forward.

Being 3-0 against the pigs under the Hoofy clown at half time. Dreaming of never having to hear the words Boxing Day ever again because we were going to bury it forever.
yes we should have absolutely buried them that night 5 or 6 nil the boxing day debacle would never have been mentioned again

Boxing Day 79 will always be brought up by the filthy bastards, it’s the only thing they have to cling on to nowadays.

UTB !
Maybe, I’m 32 and all my mates don’t know anything about it. I sang about it for years not knowing anything about it 😂

Maybe, I’m 32 and all my mates don’t know anything about it. I sang about it for years not knowing anything about it 😂
It was my first visit to the Sty as a 16 year old and it was awful. We sat in the Stand besides the Leppings Lane end so there were loads of Blades and Filth giving each other stick. Shit result and a shit Christmas 😩

To be honest, I find some negative emotion between annoyance and fury to be one of the main feelings coming away from watching United lately, regardless of the result. Even when we win there's always someone who's been an absolute waste of a shirt or done something ridiculous.

Peterborough the only game where I was all smiles I think.

Well for me, double whammy season banished their Bash street kids performance.
Stand out performers Woods and Davo.

In my opinion the game started going south when mousset was substituted, the manager has come out today and said he was going to bring Brewster on but had to change plan when Barnsley started their come back, this doesn't hold water because at 3 nil he should have made the change then but he waited until it was 3 2 before bringing on bash, pace is what killed Barnsley but yet he brought on sharp, he should have swapped mousset for Brewster if that was his plan

To be honest, I find some negative emotion between annoyance and fury to be one of the main feelings coming away from watching United lately, regardless of the result. Even when we win there's always someone who's been an absolute waste of a shirt or done something ridiculous.

Peterborough the only game where I was all smiles I think.

I know what you mean, even if it had stayed 3-0 yesterday, I'd have thought we'd have won with two passengers in the team.

It was my first visit to the Sty as a 16 year old and it was awful. We sat in the Stand besides the Leppings Lane end so there were loads of Blades and Filth giving each other stick. Shit result and a shit Christmas 😩
I was a 12 year old on the West stand. I’m from a family full of non attending pigs and we were all meeting at my aunties at teatime. Worst Christmas ever. Fucking hated them ever since….. and I include the family in that. 😱🤣

It's a strange feeling after winning a thrilling derby match that so many, including myself, feel more annoyed about how we nearly threw it away rather than primarily being delighted with the result.

I can't think of many instances of being more frustrated after we've won a match, except when we beat Burton which was marred by Coutt's injury in 2017.

Can anyone else, or is this a first?

Its a fair point- it very closely resembled the pain of a loss. Compounded by 1- We think we are better than we actually are. 2- Barnsley for 70 mins looked hopeless
3- The realization that if we can't keep composure 3-0 up to this Barnsley team- then we are indeed in for a long ole season.

The main positive though was for 15 mins we actually tore a team a new one.

Wins under Blackwell. Think we beat someone 3-0 and we were completely shite. Jon Fortune scored.

I think it was Blackpool, could be wrong. I remember having a big argument on here as some were playing the "good teams can win when not playing well" card and I was trying to point out we never played well and, sometimes, scraped wins which was the exact opposite of a good team.
We were out footballed completely that night and managed three trademark Hoofy goals, i.e launch hopeful ball into box and pick up the pieces. Hideous times.

I think it was Blackpool, could be wrong. I remember having a big argument on here as some were playing the "good teams can win when not playing well" card and I was trying to point out we never played well and, sometimes, scraped wins which was the exact opposite of a good team.
We were out footballed completely that night and managed three trademark Hoofy goals, i.e launch hopeful ball into box and pick up the pieces. Hideous times.

Just searched on Soccerbase and it was Reading at home in 2010. The side we put out brings back lovely memories of passion and limited footballers with a clogger mentality.

Back
Top Bottom