more transfers (make of it what you will)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Sheffield United will sign two players before tuesdays transfer deadline.
This is a list who, 'The Blades' have been in talks with.

Maurice Edu (Rangers)
Greg Halford (Wolves)
Barry Bannan (Aston Villa)
Simon Lappin (Norwich City)
Brian Stock (Doncaster Rovers)
Liam Lawrence (Stoke City)
Adam Le Fondre (Rotherham United)
Freddie Sears (West Ham)
Aaron Mclean (Peterborough United)

Gary Speed is after at least two from this list, but, has hinted it could be as many as four.

taken from a transfer rumour site so make of it what you will

halford, bannan and lawrence. affording them is a different matter though.

theres alot of rumours flying around at the moment and im betting that at least 75% are utter b*****ks

lawrence is linked to be going to forest and portsmorth aparentley. hes supposed to be liking the idea of forest thought has its closer home to retford (were he was born) and mansfield were he first started his career

i know i did im just saying that with the transfer window closing theres alot of transfer rumours flying around and most of them will made up. hence the make of it what you will in the title

This not a pessimistic put down, but we'll sign none of those lot.

This not a pessimistic put down, but we'll sign none of those lot.

i was thinking the same. but we can live in hope. the thing id like to know is weres this 25 mil that blackwell supposed to have gave us from the selling of players. ive checked the blades os transfer page and it seems has tho weve not forked out any money for anyone for quite a while

I'd be tempted to get George Boyd from Peterborough. Just so Boggy can share his hairbands.

I've got a feeling on Halford. Don't know why. The lad liked being here and produced his best here - other than his Colchester days, he hasn't done that anywhere else. I'd be happy to see him back as well and Wolves will probably be willing to loan him with wages subbed.

Other than that, the Tonge rumour seems to be a good one. Tonge and Halford - with Yeates given a chance - could solve the wingers issue and leave a move for a striker too.

where's this source from, link?

i was just browsing threw the transfer rumour sites and spotted this comment. i never thought to post the link and carnt remember or find the name of the site. sorry guys.

the news on halford signing for us was started nr on a month ago. aparentley blackwell wanted him

If its a season loan or a permanent transfer we need to get Halford!

The way we're trying to play (sideways football with a crap cross into nobody or a crap corner as the end result) then Halford will at least be able to attempt to put decent balls into the box either with a cross, corner or throw in

The way we're trying to play (sideways football with a crap cross into nobody or a crap corner as the end result) then Halford will at least be able to attempt to put decent balls into the box either with a cross, corner or throw in

I think he'd be useful in a front three as well as the wide right player. When we hit down the left, he can get in the box and provide a real threat on the far post. We basically need some options up top. We've got Yeates, Ward, Evans, Cresswell and Bogdanovich currently with Henderson injured as well. For me, there are question marks against all five of those:

Yeates - too inconsistent?
Ward - too injury prone?
Evans - too crap?
Cresswell - too late and too slow?
Bogdanovich - too lazy?

I think we need to add a couple of players and get shut of a couple. We won't lose Evans due to his wages so he's staying. Ditto Henderson whilst injured - think he could be useful later. I'd keep Ward. Yeates needs a chance to prove himself. Scorer of vital goals last season but I'd look to move Cressy on and Boggy needs to do something to force his way in. Bring Halford in and another and have six.

Ward/Yeates - Henderson/Quicker option - Halford/Evans/Boggy

Speed quoted this morning as saying he's looking for pace. Not sure he fits that criteria. Also, were potless aren't we?

well that francis laurent that played in reserves last week has pace. does anyone else think laurent would be a good signing

Its nice to speculate but looking at that list, only two are realistic possibilities (Lappin and Le Fondre), the latter probably being just out of reach also. United wont sign anyone they have to pay a serious fee for....it will be free's or peanuts.

My overwhelming expectation is that we will sign none of these and by close of play tomorrow we will have signed one....when we NEED three!

Two words.................Jean Calve :)

Different kettle of fish

Calve hasn't played in the english leagues and has only played french league footy

It makes sense to trial him and take a closer look to see if he has what it takes for the english league.

Laurent has been playing in english league footy. Why the trial? Do we not know if he's any good?

Like I say, if he is a free agent and he's a decent sort, why are there no other clubs plying for his services? Suspicious?

Different kettle of fish

Calve hasn't played in the english leagues and hasonly playied french league footy

It makes sense to trial him and take a closer look to see if he has what it takes for the english league.

Laurent has been playing in english league footy. Why the trial? Do we not know if he's any good?

Like I say, if he is a free agent and he's a decent sort, why are they no other clubs plying for his services? Suspicious?

The reason no other clubs in that division maybe looking, could be because he may want too much money for that league, isn't that why he left?

Maybe our coaching staff have seen something they could mold into a player we could use, and fit into this style of play, some teams may not think they can accomadate him and won't risk the time needed to put into a raw player, they see the potential but much rather spend the time working with the established talents.

If he's cheap and free and they see something why not take a risk sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't. I'd like to think if we are going to try a few new things then every once in a while we may just take a punt on a player.

lawrence is linked to be going to forest and portsmorth aparentley. hes supposed to be liking the idea of forest thought has its closer home to retford (were he was born) and mansfield were he first started his career

But his family are Blades I believe so you never know...well we do really but we can hope.

The reason no other clubs in that division maybe looking, could be because he may want too much money for that league, isn't that why he left?

Maybe our coaching staff have seen something they could mold into a player we could use, and fit into this style of play, some teams may not think they can accomadate him and won't risk the time needed to put into a raw player, they see the potential but much rather spend the time working with the established talents.

If he's cheap and free and they see something why not take a risk sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't. I'd like to think if we are going to try a few new things then every once in a while we may just take a punt on a player.

Fair points but I'm still suspicious!

Back
Top Bottom