Monty / Ward / Tonge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cooperblade

Reaction score
From someone on Mad who has been right before...

Monty on loan to Leeds till end of season then permanent deal.(& he will go).
Jaime Ward on his way, but only when we have secured the return of M Tonge.
thats what is holding up Wardy going out.

Hmmm, can't wait :rolleyes:

Smegson said on RS last night that he'd enquired about someone and Pulis wasn't prepared to let anyone leave whilst they're still in the Cup. Next round a week on Saturday.

Seems bizarre that when you're in the trenches and you need everyone battling that we let Monty go and replace him with the nesher !

This would back up my dream last night, our line up against Milwall had Tonge on the left and Jo from Man City up front!!!!

One things clear from the last 2 games, Monty and Doyle aint the answer in midfield. Doyle sounds as though he's Micky's long lost love-child so ta-ta talantless one.

Tonge might not be as bad as you think....

TBF we have Monty Mk 2 in Doyle, and we need something in midfield so why not?

Euell Doyle Williamson Tonge

Looks better than

Williamson Doyle Monty Cresswell

Any day of the week...

Although I was one of his biggest critics in his last couple of seasons with us, I saw him play for Preston last season and he looked a different player. Far more involved than I ever remembered him with us and whilst he's never going to be quick enough to do what he did when he 1st broke into our team, there's certainly a decent enough footballer in there but the problem will still remain that he needs the players around him to make the runs. It would be interesting to see whether MA sees him as a CM or LM.

Although I was one of his biggest critics in his last couple of seasons with us, I saw him play for Preston last season and he looked a different player. Far more involved than I ever remembered him with us and whilst he's never going to be quick enough to do what he did when he 1st broke into our team, there's certainly a decent enough footballer in there but the problem will still remain that he needs the players around him to make the runs. It would be interesting to see whether MA sees him as a CM or LM.

Considering he is right footed, would it be daft to try him on the right...

TBF we have Monty Mk 2 in Doyle, and we need something in midfield so why not?

Euell Doyle Williamson Tonge

Looks better than

Williamson Doyle Monty Cresswell

Any day of the week...

If we went with

Yeates Williamson Tonge Quinn

you might even fancy us to score a few goals from midfield!

Jim, you say Tonge is a decent player but why are you and so many others willing to settle for second best? We all know, having experienced first hand his consistently poor performances, that Tonge is definately not the answer to our problems. He is slow, weak, can't head the ball and only passes the ball sideways. The squad is crying out for pace and strength and Tonge is the last player we should be looking at.

Tongey was excellent for Stoke against Cardiff t'other week. He got forward a lot and looked more like his 'old' self. Think he even set both goals up?

Tonge was always good (or at least better) at the start and end of the season. A "sun on his back" player of ever there was one. Maybe he'll kick us on during the run in?

Though probably not.

Jim, you say Tonge is a decent player but why are you and so many others willing to settle for second best?

It's nothing to do with "settling for 2nd best", we get who we get !

Bottom line is we have no money and are facing relegation, not the place many players want to come to on the hols for 3 months.

It's nothing to do with "settling for 2nd best", we get who we get !

Bottom line is we have no money and are facing relegation, not the place many players want to come to on the hols for 3 months.

Oh I see, lets bring in someone who won't improve the squad just for the sake of it.

Oh I see, lets bring in someone who won't improve the squad just for the sake of it.

Are yo seriously suggestion that Tonge would add less value than:
- Monty
- Doyle
- Quinn
- Ertl

???????????

Amazing how our "rubbish" Monty is wanted by a club in the play offs but not in the bottom three

L**ds have always been interested according to the media and even when transfer listed they never made a move.

I'd be really disappointed if we signed Tonge, but my expectations are now on their arse so there's little room for downhill movement...:)

It would be a shame to see Monty go, fo me. But then again, I suspect if we got wind of how much he earned, all would become clear.

And to clarfiy, I'm not making comparisons between the 2. Different types of players all together. I just think Monty ticks more of his own boxes.

UTB

Tongey was excellent for Stoke against Cardiff t'other week. He got forward a lot and looked more like his 'old' self. Think he even set both goals up?

He was terrible when I saw him at Loftus Road for Preston earlier this season, but then so were most of the Preston team. A key point in the game, counter attack, Tonge has a great chance to score and instead passes it about five yards in front of a team-mate and off for a goal kick. You could forgive him if he thought the team-mate was about to move quickly into that position, but the team-mate was Jon Parkin so that didn't apply.

As much as we all we're glad to see the back of Tonge, he'd walk straight into our side at the moment and improve it no end..Tonge in for Cresswell, and we're a different proposition!

If we went with

Yeates Williamson Tonge Quinn

I like the look of that midfield and would have no problem with it, but is Micky really going to drop Doyle? Or Monty (if he goes) or both?

Simmo
Parrino, Collins, Lowry, Lowton
Yeates, Williamson, Tonge, Quinn
Evans, Cresswell/Bent

think that could do a job. I would choose Cressy up there first ahead of Bent as I think that despite his awful turn outs this season, if he played up top with Evans week in week out while the end of the season then I think that would be a good partnership. I like Bent but just don't think he is going to contribute all that much. But I wouldn't be adverse to him being up top with Evans.

Does anyone know what kind of fee would be involved for Monty if he was to go? I'd like to think that as he is a player that Leeds supposedly want, and we seem to value, we might demand a decent fee £750k-£1m. But...I can more than likely be a deal involving some packets of cement and a plot of land in Leeds without planning permission.

If we could get rid of Monty on a free I would be delighted but I cannot imagine a club to be so niaive as to sign him up!
Personally I would offer clubs cash to take him off our books!!

Does anyone know what kind of fee would be involved for Monty if he was to go? I'd like to think that as he is a player that Leeds supposedly want, and we seem to value, we might demand a decent fee £750k-£1m. But...I can more than likely be a deal involving some packets of cement and a plot of land in Leeds without planning permission.

Don't forget the friendly...

The rumour is that we turned down £650,000 during the window.

But for all the persistent rumours no-one has ever actually bought him despite having a decade or so in which to do so! It's beginning to sound like an urban myth. A bit like the Frank Lampard statement that never happened!

>Amazing how our "rubbish" Monty is wanted by a club in the play offs but not in the bottom three
i don't know where these rumours come from.. i'll stick my neck out.. noone will come in for him.. fact. (in fact if they do i'll be euphoric so i can't lose either way)

>The rumour is that we turned down £650,000 during the window
well maccabe didn't sell him so that can't be right can it??

>Amazing how our "rubbish" Monty is wanted by a club in the play offs but not in the bottom three
i don't know where these rumours come from.. i'll stick my neck out.. noone will come in for him.. fact. (in fact if they do i'll be euphoric so i can't lose either way)

>The rumour is that we turned down £650,000 during the window
well maccabe didn't sell him so that can't be right can it??

I can confirm the truth of that. We refused to pay a penny over £500,000.

Amazing how our "rubbish" Monty is wanted by a club in the play offs but not in the bottom three

Leeds have got serious previous of being linked with all and sundry when things are going well, so dont hold you breath until it actually happens. But even if it does happen, I can only see old clogger collecting splinters there.

Back
Top Bottom