Miniature Objectives

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FleaPitBlade

Reaction score
What's that saying (probably used by Adkins at some point) about difficult journeys starting with small steps?

We might not get to the destination and we might have to untick once or twice as we go along but break it down into stepped objectives and let's see how many we can tick off.

✅ 1. Stop the rot & become harder to beat.
✅ 2. Get off the bottom of the league.
⏳3. Get above Luton & Burnley
⏳4. Get a buffer on the bottom 2.
⏳5. Close the gap to Forest and/or Palace.
⏳6. Get out the bottom 3.
⏳7. Stay outside the bottom 3.

Last edited:

I’d stick getting to 12pts on there as well. Can’t be dealing with that record, and thankfully cant see that happening now, whereas a few weeks ago I was starting to think it was a genuine possibility. Ticking that off will be a nice psychological point (for me at least) and hopefully we get it on Boxing Day.

I’d stick getting to 12pts on there as well. Can’t be dealing with that record, and thankfully cant see that happening now, whereas a few weeks ago I was starting to think it was a genuine possibility. Ticking that off will be a nice psychological point (for me at least) and hopefully we get it on Boxing Day.

I have no clue why anyone thinks this is a real risk, or even if it really matters.
Let's be honest, we're being accused of stinking the place out with the backs to the wall tactics anyway. Who gives a flying what others think? Show the attitude we have since CWAK came back (and I certainly didn't see it coming or so quickly), and we will be ok whichever division we're in next season!

I have no clue why anyone thinks this is a real risk, or even if it really matters.
Let's be honest, we're being accused of stinking the place out with the backs to the wall tactics anyway. Who gives a flying what others think? Show the attitude we have since CWAK came back (and I certainly didn't see it coming or so quickly), and we will be ok whichever division we're in next season!
I think I said the same about the Brentford game but last night's draw could very well be a turning point for this team. Beating Brentford is one way of proving to yourselves that perhaps you can compete at this level. Ending Villas what? 15 games unbeaten at home record forcing them to a last minute draw might actually make them realise "fuck me we're actually capable of grinding some results out here"

Like most I feel it could be a little too late and that may be right but maybe we'll actually see what we all wanted from the start - a team willing to just bloody try. Literally all I asked for, I didn't even demand staying up. Without wishing to sound too optimistic we're also counting on all teams above us to maintain form so we can't catch them. It's a funny old game this, we've literally turned our season around in the space of 4 games when we'd all resigned ourselves to getting hammered every week.

Who knows.

I have no clue why anyone thinks this is a real risk
I don’t… now.

I did before the changes, though. Couldn’t see where a goal was coming from, never mind another point. Thread is about the small objectives we can realistically knock off; I reckon not finishing with the lowest number of points in PL history is one of them.

I don’t… now.

I did before the changes, though. Couldn’t see where a goal was coming from, never mind another point. Thread is about the small objectives we can realistically knock off; I reckon not finishing with the lowest number of points in PL history is one of them.
Yeah I get it in context or the list. Put it on there. It will be nice to see another green tick on there but I'd be amazed if we didn't manage to tick it off.

Despite the last 10 years ups and downs we have relied on 1 or 2 players to be a decent goal scorer. Over 38 games you need someone scoring 10+ in the Premier League Deano hit 15 in 92/93 but not looking at Championship and League 1 where strikers like Billy had a field day, we relied on, Hulse came close until that injury but if I was to add something to that list would be a 10+ Premier league striker.

For me I’d like us to beat our last PL points total. I think that’s the absolute best we can expect.

I don’t think we’ll tick any of the others on your list unfortunately.

After getting to 12 points it’s getting more than the season we went down which was about 22 or something. If we can make it to that why not 30 and then you never know

I think I said the same about the Brentford game but last night's draw could very well be a turning point for this team. Beating Brentford is one way of proving to yourselves that perhaps you can compete at this level. Ending Villas what? 15 games unbeaten at home record forcing them to a last minute draw might actually make them realise "fuck me we're actually capable of grinding some results out here"
Point of detail, but Villa’s record was 15 straight league wins going back to February, which makes our draw particularly commendable.

Been there, done that.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I thought this was about pursuing a sexual encounter with someone who's vertically challenged.

Point of detail, but Villa’s record was 15 straight league wins going back to February, which makes our draw particularly commendable.
Ah, I thought it was just at home well yeah that makes it even more commendable. Absolutely understand that dropping those 2 points in that fashion in that level of stoppage time feels like we threw it away but I'd happily wager every Blade would have taken a point way before Friday and we very nearly almost took all 3. Granted it wasn't pretty but when you're playing a team in that level of form what else do you expect.

Back
Top Bottom