Mikele Leigertwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good enough when given a chance - something he never got under Warnock
Not, however, the sort of player we should be looking for in my opinion

I quite liked him at the time. Thought he was a decent player but right now he's not what we need.

He wasn't as bad as people made out, people didn't like him after 1 game and never gave him a chance after that.

He wouldn't come back here even if it was true.

Monty > Leigertwood

End of discussion.

Speed could well be out for the season, and so Monty's the only defensive midfielder we've got. I'd rather spend the wages on Legsofwood than someone who's got no chance of playing - like Hendrie, Carney or Gillespie.

I'd rather we spend the money on someone else and offload Carney, Keef and Hendrie.

Rangers reject Wolves bid
McCarthy could make new move for Leigertwood

Last updated: 8th January 2009

Queens Park Rangers have rejected a bid from Championship rivals Wolves for Mikele Leigertwood, skysports.com understands.

As revealed by skysports.com last week Wolves are one of three clubs chasing Leigertwood in this month's transfer window.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is thought to be an admirer of Leigertwood and he made a firm offer for the versatile performer earlier this week.

However, Rangers have snubbed their initial overtures as they look to keep hold of the 26-year-old.

Wolves are believed to be ready to make a new bid to sign the former Crystal Palace and Sheffield United ace as they look to persuade Rangers to do business.

Please put another bid in and stop us trying to get him back.

Ace? When was he ever ace?

Please put another bid in and stop us trying to get him back.

Yeah, what would Wolves know about signing players? we shouldn't be after the same individuals as the club at the top of our league :)

Just because Wolves are wanting him It does not mean Legsofwood is actually good. :)

No, but in all fairness Wolves play a different game to us. Just because a player would fit in with their team, it doesn't necessarily follow that they'll fit in with ours.

Personally, I wouldn't mind him coming back to give us something more than just Monty in the defensive midfield role until Speed comes back - if he does.

No, but in all fairness Wolves play a different game to us. Just because a player would fit in with their team, it doesn't necessarily follow that they'll fit in with ours.

Personally, I wouldn't mind him coming back to give us something more than just Monty in the defensive midfield role until Speed comes back - if he does.

Very true and I also think it would be a useful addition.

Offers goals - as shown last season
Versatile - defensive and also reasonably creative
Strength/size - a bigger fella' than Howard/Monty may help in the middle

...his discipline however leaves a lot to be desired

Back
Top Bottom