Mike Dean

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
This bloke comes from Lancashire and yet he still gets chosen to ref vital games involving a Lancs club

and a club from elsewhere - Utd.v Wigan (2007), Utd.v Burnley (2009), ManC.v QPR (today), for

example. Would Howard Webb be chosen to ref a vital game involving one of the Sheffield clubs against

a club from outside Yorks?

Thought the same on the eve of our game in 2007..........mind you he'd hardly ref in the premier league if there was a Lancashire rule !! although they have lost two clubs this time around.

I am sure that the referee for our first leg semi final v Liverpool in January 2003 was from the wirral!

I am sure that the referee for our first leg semi final v Liverpool in January 2003 was from the wirral!
Yes I think I remember commenting on that at the time aswell.

Just checked and it was infact Mike Dean, so that means that this thread is a bit pointless as the ref in todays City game IS NOT from Lancashire :D

Alan Wiley, who let Kirkland pull the chief back and pick the ball up from outside his box and then let him rampage up to his face and scream at him.

Alan Wiley, who let Kirkland pull the chief back and pick the ball up from outside his box and then let him rampage up to his face and scream at him.
And shove him , Kirkland should have got 3 red cards for that but Wiley gave him a yellow

IMO the biggest problem with Dean isn't where he's from - it's that he's proven time and again that he's incapable of refereeing the big occassion. If I remember correctly he cocked up a Sheff Derby by sending Killa off on dodgey grounds, he shafted us again at Wembley by not giving either of two nailed on pens and there's been a few others times with other clubs that haven't stuck in the memory.

I'd give him credit and say I don't believe he's biased - he's just incompetant when it comes to a big day.

IMO the biggest problem with Dean isn't where he's from - it's that he's proven time and again that he's incapable of refereeing the big occassion. If I remember correctly he cocked up a Sheff Derby by sending Killa off on dodgey grounds, he shafted us again at Wembley by not giving either of two nailed on pens and there's been a few others times with other clubs that haven't stuck in the memory.

I'd give him credit and say I don't believe he's biased - he's just incompetant when it comes to a big day.

He sent killa off for 'high footed lunge' But failed to send off 'JJ' i think it was when he kicked Naughton in the face

Back
Top Bottom