Mike Ashley to the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am not sure that there would be any potential buyers looking into us at the minute.
You've predicted that without promotion we will be a carcass in 12 months - the clever vultures scan the herd to track the stumbling ones who are their likely future meals

You've predicted that without promotion we will be a carcass in 12 months - the clever vultures scan the herd to track the stumbling ones who are their likely future meals
The clever vultures will not look at us until the bare bones are showing, as the fat dumpling lives in cloud land, and it will take him to be on his personal arse before he will let it go to the vultures. The club still has assets and prem cash, so he will try and use that to his advantage, but the clock is ticking.

My mates a Newcastle fan
When he moaned about Mike Ashley, I told him, you've nowt to moan about. Mike Ashley would be the best owner we'd have ever had if he was I'm charge at United

...To the richest people in the world. Solid business plan, I'm in.
In his 14 years in charge Newcastle were relagated twice, won promotion twice, finished 5th, 10th, twice, 12th three times in the Premier league with average lower half finishes the rest

They also made a Europa league quarter final and 5 domestic cup quarter finals

Thank fuck we haven't had to put up with shite like that

Think I'd sooner have Kev back than ever consider Ashley as owner, and that's a pretty fucking low bar.

Want to operate your football club like a corner shop, 'everything has a price' then McCabe is your man.

Want someone to sell all the decent stock and rename the shop then sure, let's get Mike Ashley in 🙄

Wonder if geography plays any part in his supposed interest. Both Derby and us are close to the Sports Direct HQ.

Burnley have nothing to do with us with the exception of the McCabe family. They will although have likely taken loans out against income like this owner has done, but it will be seen how they spend that money next season in the Championship.

What is hilarious? That both the owners of SUFC and Burnley have taken out loans/mortgages against future incomes to run their respective football clubs, but our owner does not have the personal wealth to back up the loans beyond the parachute payments?

ALK Capital, Burnley’s new owners, have done a bit more than borrowing a few bob against future earnings.

They paid for the club using the same “leveraged buyout” model the Glazers used when they bought Man Utd, raising the money to buy the club by borrowing money against it. This landed Burnley in £90m of debt overnight. (No figures were made public, but c.£90m was quoted by several sources at the time).

This is qualitatively different to the way that Abdullah financed his takeover. Whatever our owner’s many failings, and whatever the shady shit that comes with Saudi ownership, being sold to a bunch of sharks like ALK (as McCabe was trying to make happen) would have been dismal beyond belief.

And Mike Ashley can do one, too. He only ever wanted Newcastle so as to market his filthy zero hours contract sweatshop company, via the worldwide exposure the Premier League brand brought him. Vile man, horrible company.

Mike, the pigs are calling. It would be a marriage made in swine heaven.

Last edited:
ALK Capital, Burnley’s new owners, have done a bit more than borrowing a few bob against future earnings.

They paid for the club using the same “leveraged buyout” model the Glazers used when they bought Man Utd, raising the money to buy the club by borrowing money against it. This landed Burnley in £90m of debt overnight. (No figures were made public, but c.£90m was quoted by several sources at the time).

This is qualitatively different to the way that Abdullah financed his takeover. Whatever our owner’s many failings, and whatever the shady shit that comes with Saudi ownership, being sold to a bunch of sharks like ALK (as McCabe was trying to make happen) would have been dismal beyond belief.

And Mike Ashley can do one, too. He only ever wanted Newcastle so as to market his filthy zero hours contract sweatshop company, via the worldwide exposure the Premier League brand brought him. Vile man, horrible company.

Ashley buying the Massive would actually make some sense - he'd simply look to cut costs while hopefully getting them back to the Champ and prepare them for a sale, in exactly the same way that Mandaric did (who for some reason they all hold in the highest esteem. However, a few things may stop that from happening. Most importantly, I can't see Chansiri accepting anything like the offer Coop Bank Mandaric strong-armed them into accepting. Also, the ground is in a terrible state and require significant improvement (both Mandaric and Chansiri did not spend any more than they absolutely had to in this area, nor the training area or academy). Finally, the squad requires some improvements both in terms of quality and its bloated wage bill. Therefore I can't see another white knight making their way down Penistone Road anytime soon.

Ashley buying the Massive would actually make some sense - he'd simply look to cut costs while hopefully getting them back to the Champ and prepare them for a sale, in exactly the same way that Mandaric did (who for some reason they all hold in the highest esteem. However, a few things may stop that from happening. Most importantly, I can't see Chansiri accepting anything like the offer Coop Bank Mandaric strong-armed them into accepting. Also, the ground is in a terrible state and require significant improvement (both Mandaric and Chansiri did not spend any more than they absolutely had to in this area, nor the training area or academy). Finally, the squad requires some improvements both in terms of quality and its bloated wage bill. Therefore I can't see another white knight making their way down Penistone Road anytime soon.
The ground is the sticking point for anyone looking to take them on to try and make a profit both it and the training ground aren’t fit for purpose and you’d have to buy the stadium separately now.

The ground is the sticking point for anyone looking to take them on to try and make a profit both it and the training ground aren’t fit for purpose and you’d have to buy the stadium separately now.

Agree Yogi - either that or try to rent it or indeed build new. Neither would be cheap and the thought of liaising with Sheffield Council on a new build would be enough to put anyone off!).

And for that reason, I'm out! (said in a rough, Glaswegian accent!) :)

Wilder would have gone to Sunderland had McCabe been in sole charge - remember the fallout when he tried to sack Bettis on the sly and Wilder and HRH had to intervene?

Those people that seriously think the club would be in a better position under McCabe either have short memories, have never dealt with him personally or perhaps just need to give their heads a wobble.

It's not even up for debate either as McCabe had a deal done to sell us to Alan Pace if he won the court case so it isn't a case or McCabe or The Prince it's who would we be better off with, The Price or Pace?

In my mind we're better off with PA. If you look further into the takeover at Burnley I wouldn't want that lot anywhere near my club.

Yeah but if he came in and plastered "Flannels" all over the stadium and the kit was manufactured by Stone Island we'd be all over that...

I think looking for morality in football clubs ownership and sporsorship is a difficult exercise.

SportsDirect is a shithole and Ashley is a twat. But as shown by Burnley and Man U plus the Arab totalitarian regimes that own many clubs and the 9 gambling sites that sponsor prem shirts, it's all a vipers nest

I think looking for morality in football clubs ownership and sporsorship is a difficult exercise.

SportsDirect is a shithole and Ashley is a twat. But as shown by Burnley and Man U plus the Arab totalitarian regimes that own many clubs and the 9 gambling sites that sponsor prem shirts, it's all a vipers nest
and now live on Sky over to the Vipers Nest Stadium,,, doesn't sound too bad, conjures up an image of something along the lines of that bar/club in From Dusk till Dawn !

Yeah but if he came in and plastered "Flannels" all over the stadium and the kit was manufactured by Stone Island we'd be all over that...

That may well have appealed to McBurnie judging by some of his shocking outfits that make him look like something out of Kevin & Perry!

What is hilarious? That both the owners of SUFC and Burnley have taken out loans/mortgages against future incomes to run their respective football clubs, but our owner does not have the personal wealth to back up the loans beyond the parachute payments?

He’s seems to have put nearly £15m in recently.

The loans against future income are repaid as the parachute money comes in. There are no ongoing payments to make. That still leaves the mortgage etc but l’d expect there are projections at the club rather than catch all claims on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom