Incoming? Midfielder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wardy1889

Reaction score
Regan Slater gone to Hull. Although he hasn’t been involved surely leaves X1 short? We currently have: Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Berge, Rodwell. Both Ampadu and Basham could do a role in there but likely to play more in defence. We were linked with Swift early in transfer window but now he’s injured. Still think we need X1 RCM/AM in especially with speculation with Lundstram and where’s Rodwell disappeared to? God knows who, a loan from somewhere?

Regan Slater gone to Hull. Although he hasn’t been involved surely leaves X1 short? We currently have: Lundstram, Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Berge, Rodwell. Both Ampadu and Basham could do a role in there but likely to play more in defence. We were linked with Swift early in transfer window but now he’s injured. Still think we need X1 RCM/AM in especially with speculation with Lundstram and where’s Rodwell disappeared to? God knows who, a loan from somewhere?
So, even if Lundstram goes, you've managed to name 7 potential midfielders - don't hold back any longer - PANIC!!!

So, even if Lundstram goes, you've managed to name 7 potential midfielders - don't hold back any longer - PANIC!!!
True, but 2 of those are likely to be regular starters in defence.

We do seem to be short a man in midfield. But wonder if we're just having to make do.

Priority is a goal poacher/striker.probaly need a centre back. I am sure Wilder will sort it.

Don’t understand why no PL team wants to sign Radja Naingolan. He is made for the PL. Inter wants to sell him and he has a valuation of 12 mio eur. That should be no problem for PL teams for a world class midfielder who is not only defensively strong but also scores a few goals each season.

We're clearly a RCM short (as trying to sign Swift showed) and really were least season. If Berge is going to start in the withdrawn role, Norwood can't really play RCM very well. Rodwell seems to be here for no reason as hardly ever makes the bench. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be starting for us.

Still blows the mind a bit that we let Freeman go
It's a right footer we want. Freeman would have been 3rd choice LCM, and presumably Wilder isn't planning on a no10 renaissance this season (and DidZy is first choice in that role anyway).

It's a right footer we want. Freeman would have been 3rd choice LCM, and presumably Wilder isn't planning on a no10 renaissance this season (and DidZy is first choice in that role anyway).

Fair enough. I think him and Sander would have worked well together

Need 2 strikers if you ask me..much as we love him Billy shouldn't be starting, sub ok, Mousse...for a side that takes pride in its fitness, hes been here 15 months and none of us expect more than 30 mins out of him. Didzy, much better side with him in it but finding the net at this level is a problem. Mcburnie, he'll be fine once we get others in. Burke, promising start..let's see. Love us to get Brewster AND Balogun over the line but seems unlikely. Have I missed anyone?

Fair enough. I think him and Sander would have worked well together
Alan Browne from Preston NE, busy, scores goals, predominantly right footed not proven any higher than Championship level however. Probably affordable and wages wouldn't be an issue.

Thoughts??

Not sure he’s available this summer but Lewis cook at Bournemouth would be good if he can prove his fitness over a season this year and they don’t go up

Since 2017 Lingard has scored 8 goals and assisted 3. He doesnt even create a good amount of Chances like a Buendia type. Mix this with his "beans" persona. its a no from me. Rather find some youth from abroad to loan in like WBA did with Pereira last season.

Midfielder, works hard, scores goals, creates chances and done this in a World cup. Surely not that bad is it?
Needs a new start away from the all the lights, hugely creative, we need a RCM who's a level above everything we have currently, only downside is I bet he's on daft money at Man Utd and we know they want the loaning club to cover them which he isn't worth.

Needs a new start away from the all the lights, hugely creative, we need a RCM who's a level above everything we have currently, only downside is I bet he's on daft money at Man Utd and we know they want the loaning club to cover them which he isn't worth.
I'm sorry but what am I missing? How has he ever demonstrated that he's a level above what we have?

Ok poor comparison. Would you rather have Lingard or Lundstrum?

Back
Top Bottom