Midfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwitchBLADE Smiles

Reaction score
Appalling this afternoon. Might be the worst game I’ve ever seen Norwood play & John Fleck is unfortunately a spent force. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11. I’d seriously consider dropping both for Macatee & Doyle for Sunderland.

No movement in front of whoever had possession, no intensity & played right into their hands. Fair fucks to Luton, they held us at arms length all afternoon without breaking a sweat, but christ almighty we made it easy for them.

Need much more midweek.

I wondered to myself what exactly Heckingbottom was expecting from fleck

I know what I was expecting and I got exactly what I expected
Norwood has been dreadful since the boro game just can't put a foot right and bogle is ineffective going forward and constantly out of position when defending

All three should have been benched today

Everyone knows this midfield is slow, offers little going forward and easily over run apart from one person

I wondered to myself what exactly Heckingbottom was expecting from fleck

I know what I was expecting and I got exactly what I expected
Norwood has been dreadful since the boro game just can't put a foot right and bogle is ineffective going forward and constantly out of position when defending

All three should have been benched today
Correct

It's the whole f***ing problem, we've got no tempo or energy whatsoever and we all knew that as soon as we read the lineup.

We played like we didn't give a fuck. Energyless, bollockless shite. Fleck played like he'd had 15 pints last night, Sander just strolling back like it's not his responsibility when the opposition attack drives me mad. And no leaders- nobody bollocking anyone or trying to get it going themselves whatsoever.

I'm not joining in with 'Hecky out' bullshit but how can't he see it when it's staring him in the face??!!

Fleck even fucking admits himself he isn't 100% yet he starts matches.

Appalling this afternoon. Might be the worst game I’ve ever seen Norwood play & John Fleck is unfortunately a spent force. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11. I’d seriously consider dropping both for Macatee & Doyle for Sunderland.

No movement in front of whoever had possession, no intensity & played right into their hands. Fair fucks to Luton, they held us at arms length all afternoon without breaking a sweat, but christ almighty we made it easy for them.

Need much more midweek.
Agreed, when we go 1-0 up we try and shut shop where the midfield and defence play sideways and backwards ball between each other protecting the lead. Luton on the other hand, kept pushing onto Fleck and Norwood therefore stopping any creativeness from us. Fair play to them.

Fleck, Norwood, Lowe, Bogle, Sharp all had awful games today.

That’s four of our starting 11.

I’d drop all of them for the next game.

Fleck > McAtee
Norwood > Doyle
Lowe > Ozzy
Bogle > Baldock
Sharp > Jebbo

It needs to be freshened up because it’s not working at all.

Long balls, hit and hopes and long throws into the box is all we have or a moment of Illy magic.

After watching Doyle, McAtee, Coulibally and Brooks have the energy and athleticism to give Spurs a good go - the fact that we've seen very little of them since does not reflect well on Hecky.

Fleck, Norwood and Berge must be smashing the hell out of it in training, as we're not seeing anything on a match day that indicates why they keep getting picked.

This has been obvious since the relegation season under Wilder. Norwood and Fleck starting in midfield might as well start a goal down. We improved when they were subbed but we were chasing the game then. Norwood is still a baller but Fleck sadly has lost it. Start the Spurs game midfield otherwise it's playoffs.

Need much more midweek.
Norwood will always be Completely ineffective when the protector is Berge

Fleck did a bit but he was on his own when Lowe and Bogle weren’t even getting forward

Hecky saw it but set up the wrong way to play them

That entire midfield 3 today looked like they know they won't be here next season and played exactly like it.

Doyle and mcatee, who have been at the club for 8 months, care more about getting us promoted than them.

All 3 should be dropped for Sunderland but you just know that berge and Norwood will start and put in another half arsed performance.

What must them 2, and coulibaly amongst others, be thinking when that standard of performance is rewarded with starting the next match.

Long balls, hit and hopes and long throws into the box is all we have or a moment of Illy magic.
Hit the nail on the head here.
Was very static today. Nobody seemed to make runs and create openings in the final third. It was super congested.
Credit to Luton though, worked like Trojans to close us down. Stats show they only had one shot on target but obviously was enough, and the Flecky Meg will live long in my nightmares, and his I suppose.

I'd rather have Hammond in there than berge

Pedestrian until Doyle & McAtee came on with too little time to turn it round. Fleck, Norwood, Lowe & Berge all having a mare didn't help. Needed changes far earlier.

I was thinking on the way out that the performance was Adkinsesque! Least we don't have to listen to Adkins post match interview.

Fleck, Norwood, Lowe, Bogle, Sharp all had awful games today.

That’s four of our starting 11.

I’d drop all of them for the next game.

Fleck > McAtee
Norwood > Doyle
Lowe > Ozzy
Bogle > Baldock
Sharp > Jebbo

It needs to be freshened up because it’s not working at all.

Osborn is injured.

100% heckys fault that today norwood and fleck have to be dropped for the next 3 games at least their both pedestrian baldock has to come back in for bogle and if osborn isnt fit play robinson at lwb lowe was awful as well today and for gods sake lets just go to a 4 at the back get another body in midfield and stop this boring negative sideways backwards walking football and play with some tempo

Back
Top Bottom