Middlesbrough after Beattie?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

short of goalscorers though.....fair enough webber and stead have banged a couple in....but hasn't beattie scored more than the rest of the team put together?

Think he has 50% of our goals, or something like that.

But even so, we have become less reliant on his goals of late, the team is more playing together now and this is a plus point.

We all now Stead, Webber, Hulse can score at this level. We won't be short of goals if Beattie goes.

I'm not stating for one moment to get him sold, but if somebody offers £6 million I'd snap their hands off and re-invest elsewhere.

Beattie is no spring chicken, and his wages are massive.

true....would definately be a shame if we lost him but if someone came in with 6-8mill then it would be very hard to turn down.

And why is that then?

£6 million pound is a good profit, gets his wages off the wage bill, and it's not like we are short of strikers is it?

Because he's one of our better players, and exactly the kind of player we need to keep. We're not a selling club anymore, and it's all well and good having the money, but who's to say we could invest in elsewhere? Who's to say anyone would want to come?

As I've said before, we need to start paying the big wages if we're ever going to be a big club.

well if he went for £6 million then it would be a £2 million profit in 5 months, we have hulse back and we quite easily have the strikers capable of taking us up, I would settle for the £6 million, nice little profit!

If we reject the bid what happens if Beattie gets unhappy? Then we have to prey som one bids again for him, but as its unhappy it probably wont be for the same value

As I've said before, we need to start paying the big wages if we're ever going to be a big club.

I'd love for us to be able to start having a spending spree on players, and give them the big wages. But lets not forget the trouble we have been in before and how long it took to turn round.

Do we want to be ending up like the Owls and Leeds and Bradford? All these paid big wages and also have now paid the consequences. With the latter of the clubs nearly going in to extinction.

Let's not forget, Beattie's value is more in the January transfer window than it is at the end of the season, and as it stands we don't look to be in a position where we can stave off premiership clubs if they come in wityh a bid of £6 million, for a player I think we will be lucky to re-coup £4 million back for next summer.

Anyways, I don't think any club would offer £6 million, if they do then they're daft themselves.

£6million i wouldn't, £8 million yes, its a ridiculous price. double what we paid for him. could then spend it on a proper midfield. player at £3million and a £4 million player.

nice :D

Is anyone prepared to lower their ridiculous £8 million fee they claim they would accept for Beattie yet?

what with our other strikers banging them in all over the place... if only we'd sold him eh? :)

what with our other strikers banging them in all over the place... if only we'd sold him eh? :)

Well he's not banging any in himself is he? ;)

It's irrelevant how we look at it, we could sell if we got a decent offer and probably strengthen other areas of the pitch with the vast amount of wages freed up, and say a £6 million fee?

so who are we going to get on less wages that will score the goals?

because as a team we are scoring very few.

so who are we going to get on less wages that will score the goals?

because as a team we are scoring very few.

I'm not talking about getting another striker in to be honest. I'm talking of getting a decent midfielder to play along side Speed.

Also if we played Stead more (although innjured currently) I believe a lot more goals would be on the horizon for us.

I'm not talking about getting another striker in to be honest. I'm talking of getting a decent midfielder to play along side Speed.

I never thought you did, unfortunately though we do need to score a lot more goals from all over the pitch. Seems a bit silly to me, if we have the choice, to sell the one man who has proven he can score the goals we need. Risking getting players in who may not have the desired effect.

I never thought you did, unfortunately though we do need to score a lot more goals from all over the pitch. Seems a bit silly to me, if we have the choice, to sell the one man who has proven he can score the goals we need. Risking getting players in who may not have the desired effect.

Very true Foxy,

But on the same note, he may come back from injury and not be the same player he was and not be scoring (like Hulse). However I don't believe that is the case, but I also believed scoring wouldn't be a problem for us this season.

2 strikers we haven't played when they have been fit, who can make a massive difference are Stead and Webber. Regretabbly now they are both injured. Sharp hasn't been up to scratch, Shelton is very hit and miss and Hulse, well......

I agree with Foxy. Would be stupid to let Beattie go.

He's the first proven goalscorer we've had at the club for years.

Oh yeah right goal machine that lad wasn't he:p

Either the one at Stoke or Grimsby were up there with his best;)

my dad was there when he scored at Grimsby :D
am i right in thinking he got booked for taking his shirt off?

hey hey lets not forget the goalscoring machine that was

Ade Akinbiyi - or as he's also known Useless Bagashitey

am i right in thinking he got booked for taking his shirt off?

He did indeed, sparking a rather lovely few comments from yours truely aimed at the referee :)

Selling Beattie makes as much sense as cutting your lips off then entering a kissing contest.

He did indeed, sparking a rather lovely few comments from yours truely aimed at the referee :)

So, he should have been booked, for being a pasty white ginger who takes his top off. Thank god he didn't score more goals, get him near a sunbed...

:D:D:D

I remember that night, went to Cleethorpes after the game, stayed with a relative there. We ended up in the Relfex bar, my god meat factory? Even McDonalds wouldn't have served them up :shakehead:

With Bolton selling their strikers left and right, has anybody heard if the lovely Gary Megson is making a last gasp bid for Hulse/Beattie? Wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

Back
Top Bottom