Michael Tonge snubs Blades for bigger club.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
Tongue (no pun intended) in cheek humour! A player of Tonge's calibre wouldn't ever join a club like us anyway :D

Michael Tonge has however signed on loan for Stevenage today and I wish him all the best. It seems weird what with our Midfield frailties but I wouldn't have been too bothered about having him back these days anyway. He's 32 and has done nothing for the last x amount of years.

Never the less I do sincerely wish Tongey all the best with this move. He did bring me some fond memories during his time at the lane. He was a pivotal player in a decent and successful United team at one point and he delivered against the pigs!.(below.....This, yes this!.....Pick that fooker out!)

**Notice in this video as well. A younger Neill Collins with the likes of Tongue, Ifill, Jags and Akinbadbuy.

I wasn't sorry to see him go in the first place. A midfielder who vanishes for the best part of 90 minutes? We've got a squadful of those already.

What a player he was when he burst onto the scene.
Coached out of his potential, much like Wayne Rooney? I think so.

Obviously wouldn't be comparable as if Rooney had hit his potential he'd be up there with Suarez, Neymar, Aguero etc. but Tongey would have been a good premiership left winger. He loved beating men and was more than capable of sticking them in the onion bag.

Can't help but think he should have gone to Liverpool. He turned into a crab with no attacking intent here, such a shame.

It was all pommpey's fault
I watched the 02-03 dvd recently and tonge was awesome,dribbling,always twisting and turning with exceptional ball control,the season after,Michael brown left and was never the same player again
Maybe Neil gave him more defensive duties..
saying we didn't win anything that season it still brings back so many great memories

Suffered latterly here because he played in increasingly poor teams. Never quite realised his full potential elsewhere.

I'll remember Tonguey fondly but I swear the only time I remember him winning a tackle was by accident, once.

Was great on his breakthrough season. I remember a game against Millwall that really announced him on the scene. If memory serves it was a night game, and he ran them ragged scoring the third in a 3-1 win.

One of my favourite players of (not so) recent years.

If he had pace and fire in his belly he'd have played for England. He didn't, so he played for us. Our splay footed genius. :)

I watched the 02-03 dvd recently and tonge was awesome,dribbling,always twisting and turning with exceptional ball control,the season after,Michael brown left and was never the same player again
Maybe Neil gave him more defensive duties..
saying we didn't win anything that season it still brings back so many great memories
I used to love watching the interplay between Tonge and Brown.

Back
Top Bottom