Michael Mifsud

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silverfox

Reaction score
Neil Warnock is preparing a January transfer window swoop for Maltese striker Michael Mifsud of Norwegian side Lillestrom.

The Blades boss received glowing reports having sent representatives to watch the player in action in Sunday's final game of the Norwegian season.
Mifsud has turned down the offer of a new deal with his club and, with the Scandinavian campaign now closed, his agent Mark Taylor is expecting movement imminently.

Taylor said: "Now the season is over, we're hoping for something to happen within the next few weeks."

The 25-year-old has also attracted the interest of Premiership rivals Bolton and Reading.

Mifsud claims City and Blades interest

Mifsud claims City and Blades interest

Malta international striker Michael Mifsud claims that Manchester City and Sheffield United are both in the race for his signature. The Lillestrom player has scored 11 goals in 19 games this season and although has yet to receive an offer from a Premiership club.

"For me it is not a matter of money but to get the most out of my career," Mifsud told Nettavisen. "Therefore I want to join a bigger club in a bigger league."

"Both Manchester City and Sheffield United have been mentioned, but no offers have come in yet."

"If nothing happens I might talk to Lillestrom again."

The 25-year-old is available on a free transfer in January.

Another striker which dont really need.

markdablade said:
yeah free players are always worth a look,look at nade he was a freebie

Free players are not always worth a look at.

If a player is a free agent there is always a good reason for that.
And usually it is one of 2 reasons,
A) They have seen out there contract so they can get a better deal elsewhere.
B) The club no longer requires them.

I know there is other reasons why someone would be a free agent, but the above is the 2 MAIN reasons.

If we decided to look at every player who was a free agent we would be watching all year round, and 98% would not be right for us. So a player should only be watched on a good recommendation.

I'd say that more than one goal every two games is a pretty good recommendation. Certainly worth a look if nothing else.

Robbie said:
Free players are not always worth a look at.

If a player is a free agent there is always a good reason for that.
And usually it is one of 2 reasons,
A) They have seen out there contract so they can get a better deal elsewhere.
B) The club no longer requires them.

I know there is other reasons why someone would be a free agent, but the above is the 2 MAIN reasons.

If we decided to look at every player who was a free agent we would be watching all year round, and 98% would not be right for us. So a player should only be watched on a good recommendation.
And we'd have no Keeeef.

TonyAgana said:
And we'd have no Keeeef.
"Keeeef" was a well known talent before he came to us. The same with quinn/bromby/shipperley etc.

This misfud I have only heard his name previously and know nothing about him.

No disrespect Robbie but you're not a scout and I doubt you follow the Norwegian league. Just because you've not heard of him doesn't mean that he's not good; nor does the fact that he's not a 'known talent' in this country mean that he couldn't cut the mustard in the Prem.

As I said, I think 11 goals in 19 games is a pretty good tally, and definitely worth the scouts - who are paid to do this kind of thing - going over and having a look, at least.

Robbie said:
"Keeeef" was a well known talent before he came to us.

And the reason he and Unsworth were on a free to the Blades was a reason C) you didn't mention.

The club's were cutting wage bills.

Good players are allowed to leave on frees all the time... look at the pittance we had to take for Michael Brown because he was able to leave on a free just a few months later.

what about option d) the lpayer doesnt want to play for a team any more

look at micheal ballack he was a free.

He has been proven before at a world class level

I know what Robbie means.

This Mifsud, no one has heard of him. Ballack etc are exceptions because they have played very well in the best leagues in the world and at international levels.

matth said:
No disrespect Robbie but you're not a scout and I doubt you follow the Norwegian league. Just because you've not heard of him doesn't mean that he's not good; nor does the fact that he's not a 'known talent' in this country mean that he couldn't cut the mustard in the Prem.

As I said, I think 11 goals in 19 games is a pretty good tally, and definitely worth the scouts - who are paid to do this kind of thing - going over and having a look, at least.

Woah woah woah.

Where have I stated we should not look at him?

All I said previously was in response to somebody posting
yeah free players are always worth a look

All I was saying is, not all players who are on free's are worth looking at, other wise we would be watching too many players.

Never did I state we should not be looking at him.

Linz said:
And the reason he and Unsworth were on a free to the Blades was a reason C) you didn't mention.

The club's were cutting wage bills.

Didn't Unsworth come from pompey? Why would they need to reduce wage bill?

jim said:
what about option d) the lpayer doesnt want to play for a team any more

Would that not come under the option A) I gave?

Well once you've been to Barnsley, the only other places anywhere near in terms of the vibrancy / cosmopolitan / glamour stakes are Milan, L.A., or Paris :D

Back
Top Bottom