Michael de Leeuw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

According to the article you've posted he's an attacking midfielder with 23 goals this season.

Any info on him Dutchblade?

According to wikipedia, dutch version, he had his breakthrough this season as an attacker.

The Star claims we could be signing three players from abroad, so that might add a bit of weight to this.

Personally I'd love to see us sign players like De Leeuw, unknown, totally unproven but relatively cheap with a lot of potential and good stats.

i know waht people say about dutch leagues, but feyernoored and heerenveen are 2 very well established sides in the eredivise, and i dont think they would sign a player from a lower division unless they thought he actually had something. he could definitely be worth a punt

This is the type of player we should be going for.

Young, talented & would improve what we have.

Mario Been, trainer of Feyenoord, did watch de Leeuw (translated "the Lion") several times, calling him a good player, but don t want to buy him this summer.
De Leeuw is an attacking midfielder, scoring alot of goals this season for a club with alot of financial problems this year, it s not even certain if BV Veendam will play professional football next season.

Mario Been, trainer of Feyenoord, did watch de Leeuw (translated "the Lion") several times, calling him a good player, but don t want to buy him this summer.
De Leeuw is an attacking midfielder, scoring alot of goals this season for a club with alot of financial problems this year, it s not even certain if BV Veendam will play professional football next season.

That sounds very promising for our chances of signing him.

I hope we manage to get him. This is the type of signing that would excite me.

23 goals suggests he's be worth a gamble though, especially if we could get him on the cheap.

Like the rest of you I had never heard of this guy until reading the rumour on Sky Sports' website. Anyone with 23 goals from midfield has to have ability (even in the dutch second tier). More so because his club are struggling.

If the terms are right he has to be the sort of player we need to look at. Some may turn their nose up at players from obscure leagues but my argument is always that these players have to start somewhere. A lot of great players have come from humble backgrounds, you just have to gamble on them when you find them.

Nice find Blades_257!

SIGN HIM UP!!!! If those goals are anything to go by the guy is deadly! I know its dutch football but he scores a lot of goals under pressure there and some spectacular. Has to be worth a gamble!

Oh please god no, don't start getting carried away with a video of their best bits.

If this kid is brought in great, but lets not get carried away over video clips. My memory fails me but didn't Graeme Souness get done bringing someone in after only watching a video.

Oh please god no, don't start getting carried away with a video of their best bits.

If this kid is brought in great, but lets not get carried away over video clips. My memory fails me but didn't Graeme Souness get done bringing someone in after only watching a video.

As he plays abroad what else does the club have to go by other than video clips and scouting missions? According to the club our scouts have been watching foreign players to help compile a list of targets. If he is on there then they must have watched him (presumably).

Its all irrelevant anyway. If KB likes him/knows him he will try to sign him. If its just speculation then he wont. All I'm saying is there are some bangers on those videos hence the expression "IF those goals are anything to go by"

As he plays abroad what else does the club have to go by other than video clips and scouting missions? According to the club our scouts have been watching foreign players to help compile a list of targets. If he is on there then they must have watched him (presumably).

Its all irrelevant anyway. If KB likes him/knows him he will try to sign him. If its just speculation then he wont. All I'm saying is there are some bangers on those videos hence the expression "IF those goals are anything to go by"

You've answered the question, you either scout him or you make sure you get full matches.

My point is that people are saying sign him up based on seeing a few goal clips.

Also based on the facts he's scored 23 goals in 34 games despite previously being an attacking midfielder, he would be cheap due to Veendam's financial problems, he's relatively young and other clubs of considerable stature are interested (Groningen, Utrecht, Boro... Feyenoord were looking at him too).

Back
Top Bottom