Incoming? Michael Cooper GK

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score

SHEFFIELD UNITED AMONGST SCOUTS KEEPING TABS ON 21-YEAR-OLD​

Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper, Michael Cooper, is attracting interest from Premier League and Championship clubs as his impressive form at Home Park continues, Football League World understands

SHEFFIELD UNITED AMONGST SCOUTS KEEPING TABS ON 21-YEAR-OLD​

Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper, Michael Cooper, is attracting interest from Premier League and Championship clubs as his impressive form at Home Park continues, Football League World understands
That the lad who played in the cup against us last year? He looked pretty decent that day.

Swap deal for Verrips!!!!!????

This lad was discussed two years ago he’s a quality keeper currently on his way back from injury when he was injured against the pigs.
Wes would have great competition

Time to take a look ?

Right after they've been promoted probably isn't the greatest timing

I'm not sure we'll pay what they want for him (£5m+ at a guess). Not sure we should tbh

He’s on my list of players I’d like us to sign as I think he’s very good but grudgingly I have to concede that our budget could probably be better allocated elsewhere as we have more pressing issues and that he likely would cost a chunk now.

If we’d not been skint we should’ve moved for him at the time we were first linked.

I'd have said yes before the injury but I'd want to see he can get back to full fitness first. Maybe a foreign loan for 6 months and then go for him in January? 23 with almost 150 games under his belt. Worth an investment of £5 million, should we have it, for me. Most important position.

Wes is the one who should be giving the competition, we need a new No1
In my opinion if Cooper was signed it wouldn’t be long before the competition that he would bring would bring rewards for Cooper and us because he is that good. I have friends who support Plymouth and they would be really upset if he left

I'd have said yes before the injury but I'd want to see he can get back to full fitness first. Maybe a foreign loan for 6 months and then go for him in January? 23 with almost 150 games under his belt. Worth an investment of £5 million, should we have it, for me. Most important position.
Good point and I recall he was injured by a challenge when playing the dirties at s6 but well on the road to recovery

Attachments

• IMG_5862.jpeg
    IMG_5862.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 21
If a new GK is to be signed with the intention of them either being first choice or competing with Wes, I really can't see them being recruited from (what was) a L1 club, especially having missed a fair chunk of the season out injured.

Depending on finances, Utd would ideally be looking at a return for Henderson. If, as expected, that would prove to be too expensive, then a Johnstone level player would be the next best. If that's still too expensive then perhaps a decent Champ keeper e.g. Rotherham's would be looked at.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Nah, we need a good, premier league proven replacement for League 1 Wes

if we get new investment i would expect us to for henderson if not no chance

Marek rodak from Fulham would be my go to GK within budget, good age, played at Rotherham so knows area. Only kept out by Leno who is a top GK.

If we want a cheaper long term investment at keeper Toby Savin at Accrington might be a shout former England youth international now 22 plenty of experience under his belt for a young keeper and starting to attract prem interest from the the likes of Spurs. We can’t compete with them for wages but he’s more chance of actually playing with us.

Are they really bothered about playing when they are drawing thousands per week to get arse splinters?
Some are some aren’t 56 I don’t think he’d even be getting splinters at Spurs if I’m honest. They’re likely going to replace Lloris with a new number one for big money and I don’t see them being happy with Savin as their number 2 it’ll likely be a buy him and stash him type deal. Plenty do go for the money just look at Chelsea but some don’t and it’s worth asking the question.

…..buy him and stash him type deal.
That’s why our international game is going down the pan. Too many young talented players being stashed or farmed out to lower leagues where they don’t come up against the level of competition / skills to develop / finish them off as first team regulars. I think Germany have a mandate to play 3-4 home grown players in the top leagues. We rely on the same old choices by Southgate. The last day of the season there was the possibility of several England full internationals and potentials going into L1. Madison, DCL, Pickford, Ayling, Bamford, et al. Is that where we’re going to pick our next World Cup squad from?

That’s why our international game is going down the pan. Too many young talented players being stashed or farmed out to lower leagues where they don’t come up against the level of competition / skills to develop / finish them off as first team regulars. I think Germany have a mandate to play 3-4 home grown players in the top leagues. We rely on the same old choices by Southgate. The last day of the season there was the possibility of several England full internationals and potentials going into L1. Madison, DCL, Pickford, Ayling, Bamford, et al. Is that where we’re going to pick our next World Cup squad from?

TBF we’re had more success under Southgate than any other manager I can recall in the last 30-40 years. Never seen so much talent in the team.

It is a cancer on the game Loftus-Cheek is a prime example at a time when England were crying out for CM’s he was breaking through at Chelsea but then his pathway was blocked and players signed in front of him. Instead of him being sold so he could continue his career and development they just stashed him. He’s now in his late 20’s and won’t ever become the player he might’ve been.

Who does Al play for? Yes I know my coat!

I think we should tell Plymouth that we will take him but we want 50% off the price cos it's damaged.
So we will only pay for the good leg? We'll fix the other one as you lot broke it. Fair enough to me

Back
Top Bottom