MGW V Stoke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HD8 Blades

Reaction score
What a player. The touches, the movement and creativity. A couple of duff touches but for what what he gives us I’ll take that. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe we have no option to buy? Whilst Didsy came on and won the match and along with Mouse deservedly takes the plaudits he’s a reyt player.

Slav please find a way to buy him and the Stoke 36, Soutter! (Assuming he plays like that every week)

Love him. He's a class player, he plays with a smile on his face and celebrates like this is his boyhood club and he loves being here. Really wish we could find a way to keep him but I suspect he'll be called back in January. Pray for Wolves to start climbing the table, without getting injuries.

Love him. He's a class player, he plays with a smile on his face and celebrates like this is his boyhood club and he loves being here. Really wish we could find a way to keep him but I suspect he'll be called back in January. Pray for Wolves to start climbing the table, without getting injuries.
Won their last 3 games, and up to 8th,,, keep your fingers crossed!

Worked his arse off today too and made a couple of important interceptions. Playing like a Blade rather than a loan player.
Yeah his best contribution was haring back to full back and making two key interceptions, one of which I think led to the equaliser?

Doesn’t really seem to be anything this lad can’t do. For all the skill he has, he seems to have the defensive talent too. And I agree, the drive of a permanent player despite being on loan.

Love the kid.

Was gobsmacked on deadline day when I saw we were in for him.

No chance of signing him so just need to enjoy his time here.

He has been working on part-time fullback/defender in few matches before too and made some crucial interceptions. He works his butt off on each game and doesn't just run between att/mid/def but actually plays and is one of main driving forces in our current team.

I don't know how we are going to fill the emptyness after we have to let him go and I'm happy that I ain't the man for this task/responsibility. Also hope and kinda rely the info/rumour that he will stay with us until summer.

Sorry Blades, reality check,

MGW is playing like he does because he’s one hell of a player who loves football and wants to impress the powers that be at Wolves.

Why? Because as a regular first team player at Wolves he’ll get big wages and half a chance at European football or some silverware every year.

He will never want to play for Sheffield United and until the club takes a long hard look at the wage structure, he, and players of his calibre will only ever see us as a stepping stone.

We, as a fan base are no better attitude wise, we actively discourage ‘football tourists’ and ‘hand clappers’ but want the lane extending by another 10,000, who do we think is going to fill those seats, is a part timers 40 quid worth less to the club than a Blades 40 quid?

And if the season ticket price went up by 50 quid so we could reduce POTG prices by a fiver and encourage more bums on seats their would be uproar.

Lets face it, we have the facilities, the location, the fan base and the finances (yes the finances) to be a regular Premier league club with a CatA academy, but we are being run like Woodseats family fun day.

Sorry, went of on one there, so on a lighter note.

It’s been bugging me for ages where I’ve seen MGW before until I read on another thread that he looks like a 50’s spiv, then it clicked.

images.jpg

MGW is playing like he does because he’s one hell of a player who loves football and wants to impress the powers that be at Wolves.

Why? Because as a regular first team player at Wolves he’ll get big wages and half a chance at European football or some silverware every year.

He will never want to play for Sheffield United and until the club takes a long hard look at the wage structure, he, and players of his calibre will only ever see us as a stepping stone.

We, as a fan base are no better attitude wise, we actively discourage ‘football tourists’ and ‘hand clappers’ but want the lane extending by another 10,000, who do we think is going to fill those seats, is a part timers 40 quid worth less to the club than a Blades 40 quid?

And if the season ticket price went up by 50 quid so we could reduce POTG prices by a fiver and encourage more bums on seats their would be uproar.

Lets face it, we have the facilities, the location, the fan base and the finances (yes the finances) to be a regular Premier league club with a CatA academy, but we are being run like Woodseats family fun day.

It’s been bugging me for ages where I’ve seen MGW before until I read on another thread that he looks like a 50’s spiv, then it clicked.

View attachment 122884
Why the reality check ?
No one thinks we are going to sign him.

Ah, but. What if we start selling raffle tickets like we did with Glynn Hodges.
Excellent yesterday. Ndiaye as well. Looked to be a bit stronger, bit less inclined to be knocked off ball.

Excellent yesterday. Ndiaye as well. Looked to be a bit stronger, bit less inclined to be knocked off ball.
Something wrong with that raffle, did anyone win Glynn Hodges, and if they didn't why wasn't there a roll over for Eric Cantona?

Amazing really, that he never wanted to finish his career at the massive or have the incredible opportunity to play at Hillsborough, maybe he never realised how massive they are
Eric's loss.
Chinese proverb. Even the Gods cannot help a man who dunt take his chances.

View attachment 122884
You're 100% right with this one, if we had the capacity to buy MGW we'd never have needed to sell David Brooks..

The biggest problem we've had for years is money, its an illusion that we're a big hitter due to parachute money etc and it doesn't stop opposition fans quoting that were "parachute rich" if they knew what we know they wouldn't say that, as again*, we took a 10 million loan straight away on relegation (*see kmc last time)..

We are in a need to be promoted zone weather we're good enough or not, that's where we are, this is a situation we've been in before when warnock put us down and we know the score there..

MGW is the kind of player we sell, not buy..

I know the Prince is a massive improvement from kmc, but he's not rich enough to pay 35m in the champ for this player... And that's what he's worth, and finally, other top PL clubs will have been took back by how good he is, don't be too surprised if Newcastle test wolves on this ladin January..

I rate him that highly.

Hope Wolves are up there so he won’t be recalled

Big learning curve for Ndiah
He maybe 21 but not played real first team football until this season.
The physicality of it must have been a real eye opener to him.
He's learning the dark arts which professional 's get up to ,coping quite well.
I think there's a lot more to come from him.

The only thing we can hope for is that wolves continue to thrive without him and subsequently see no need to recall him as he would not get into their team. Now this is where it gets a bit OTT, He stays until the end of the season and sees us into the premiership and we then sign him as he is worried about not getting much game time at Wolves.

Last edited:
Wolves boss Bruno Lage says he doesn't envisage recalling Morgan Gibbs-White from his Bramall Lane loan spell in January.

That will come as music to the ears of Slavisa Jokanovic and Sheffield United fans after the midfielder has made a sensational start to life with the Blades.

Yorkshire Live

Slav please find a way to buy him and the Stoke 36, Soutter! (Assuming he plays like that every week)

Obviously any interest or bid is based on price.

What if Wolves want 20 million or 25 million and the player wants £30K a week.
Its the Brewster scenario all over again.

Fans demanding we MUST show ambition and buy one of the hottest talents in the PL.
Many said £25 million would end up being cheap but theres no way we’d buy Brewster because we lack ambition….same old United.

Agree MGW is a genuine PL standard player.
Regards any potential interest it all depends if we get promoted this season.
If we don’t then a responsible owner needs to protect the financial security of our club, so we will need to down size slightly next season.

I doubt we will be spending much money unless we get promoted.
we are skint
yes we received two years premiership monies but most was spent on transfer fees, Wilder committed us to large long term contracts, the players he purchased have all reduced in value and on top of that we will have lost over £25m due to COVID.

The tracking back for the 2nd goal was something that all young footballers should be shown. If he'd not have bothered then they'd have had a chance to make it 2-1, he got back, knocked their bloke off the ball and started us on the attack, then also received the ball back again in the build up.

The tricks and flicks will get him noticed but I've noticed that if he loses the ball he always sprints to win it back. The same can't be said for some of our more experienced players.

lot of negativity on here regarding mgw but it doesnt look like wolves are going to need to recall him in january the way they are going and if we do get promoted we could be in a position to put a bid in for him he certainly seems settled here and if we have to offer 30/40k a week to get him we have to go for it

MGW is a fantastic footballer. He's got all the clever "Youtube-footballer" flicks and tricks, and a lot of the time they work, but he's also got a good football brain, and an incredible workrate. A couple of times each game I find myself saying "how the fuck's he done that!?"

It's currently a huge, and probably unlikely "IF", but IF we could get it together and go on a run towards the top 6, then keeping him in January could be the difference between mid-table, just-missing-out, or getting in the top 6. Hope to God Wolves don't want him back before the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom