MGW or Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeulike

Reaction score
So now it’s official MGW has gone to Forest for 25m. If we had sold Berge and bought MGW would that have been a good bit of business?

Hypothetically, who would we rather have out of those two?

For me, it’s Sander

Realistically we might well end up with neither

Moot point as MGW was a PL player - after the season he had he was never dropping to a division which was quite clearly below his talent levels. Even if we’d bid 40m for him.

That said if McAtee and Khadra can replace 80% of what MGW did then we are in a good position. Not sure there are many like for like replacements for Berge - no one we could sign can replace his running and current attacking output.

Berge is a much more unique player and hence harder to replace.

I actually think we seem to have identified and closed the gap left by MGW and in McAtee, Khadra and Ndiaye we might be able to cover some of his output from last season.

I don't think Berge was as impactful last season but bizarrely we'd struggle to replace his presence on the pitch if he left. He has an air about him and opposition players are scared of him.

I also think that the outputs of the Marmitey Norwood have increased massively this season and it's made a big difference to our play. He's had a key contribution in a lot of the goals we've scored this season already, I hope it continues.

I actually think we seem to have identified and closed the gap left by MGW and in McAtee, Khadra and Ndiaye we might be able to cover some of his output from last season.

I don't think Berge was as impactful last season but bizarrely we'd struggle to replace his presence on the pitch if he left. He has an air about him and opposition players are scared of him.

I also think that the outputs of the Marmitey Norwood have increased massively this season and it's made a big difference to our play. He's had a key contribution in a lot of the goals we've scored this season already, I hope it continues.

Thanks for ruining Marmite for me. 😡

Berge will have a better career, I'm pretty sure

Will score a similar amount to MGW this season too

Completely different styles of player. One is all tricks hustle and bustle. The other is languid but surprisingly quick.
Difficult to make a comparison, but Wolves must be mad to sell, even at that price. If Forest want to spend silly money, it’s a big risk.
MGW is good and his wages at Forest will reflect that.
Berge is good, and if we get promoted, his wages will also reflect that of a PL player. Even if he doesn’t stay with us.

I think we will get promotion this season, but if we expect a future in the PL, players like Berge, Anel, Ndaye and Khadra have to stay at the Lane.

Reading the view from Blackburn, just proves that such potential is already worrying for any opposition we have at Championship level. Those guys are the ones who will get us to the PL and keep us there.

Saw flashes of Khadra the other night in which he could end up just as good. Fingers crossed.

As we all know the Premier League is totally different to the Championship. Would love to have MGW (and Berge) in the Championship, but only time will tell if MGW will be as effective in the PL. He hasn't exactly pulled up any trees in his first two games this season for Wolves v Fulham and Dirty Leeds.

But why is anyone who has a different opinion, 'sour grapes'? It's nothing to do with Forest or MGW not playing for us. I simply think Berge is a better player.
OK seems like sour grapes to me as it seems very obvious MGW would be better now and going forward. Each to their own though

OK seems like sour grapes to me as it seems very obvious MGW would be better now and going forward. Each to their own though
Both are pretty unproven at PL level so it's conjecture either way.

As we all know the Premier League is totally different to the Championship. Would love to have MGW (and Berge) in the Championship, but only time will tell if MGW will be as effective in the PL. He hasn't exactly pulled up any trees in his first two games this season for Wolves v Fulham and Dirty Leeds.
How do you feel Berge performed in more Premier league appearances?

So now it’s official MGW has gone to Forest for 25m. If we had sold Berge and bought MGW would that have been a good bit of business?

Hypothetically, who would we rather have out of those two?

For me, it’s Sander
MGW all day long

Do you not think they were scared of MGW last season though? I’ve always backed Berge but what are his strengths? He’s good at carrying the ball and has chipped in with goals and assists but I think we get deceived a bit by his size. He’s a big lad but he doesn’t dominate aerially or use his size to bully players. He doesn’t remind me of a Vierra type player or a Yaya Toure.

It may sound weird but I actually believe a smaller player could do what he does just as well. I’ve noticed that he lacks a little bit of creative instinct at times, if the obvious ball isn’t on and his passing, whilst good, isn’t perfect, he often gets the pass very slightly wrong and gives the receiver a little bit too much to do.

As I say, I like him and I’ve always believed that with a good run he’d do well for us but I don’t go with this irreplaceable thing. But that’s just me looking with my eyes, stats may prove me wrong. If he ends up going to a better club than Everton (which I consider to be the best club that came in for MGW, although I guess MGW disagrees) then I’m wrong.

Back
Top Bottom