Memries of Newcastle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top photo is John Tudor scoring the winning goal in the 2-1 home defeat in August 1972received_2172296632821854.png

Here is the 3-0 league cup win mentioned earlier. I think this is when the penny dropped that the Bassett era was going to be memorable.

Was stood on the kop. wasnt it that game when Mirandinha missed a point blank header for them in front of the kop? He headed it down from 6 yards out and it bounced over the bar.

Very fond memories of our 3-0 spanking of them in the League Cup in 1988-9 when they were 2 divisions ahead of us. 2 from Deano and a late back header from Stan. First time I'd ever seen us beat a team from a higher division. Mirandinha was playing for Newcastle - first Brazilian player I'd seen, I think. We lost 2-0 away for the aggregate win (the night Jackie Milburn died).

Their record at the Lane is crap, though they have won the last 2.
I remember this, went to away leg, we lost but went through on goal difference.
They were fucking horrible chucking all kinds of stuff down on us, locked in ground afterwards with it all kicking off outside, then they let us out no police anywhere, we got to our mini bus and got attacked, thankfully we were locked inside the minibus looked like it had been in a full scale riot, happy times 😂

In 1989 90, their fans were giving monkey noises to two quality strikers up front for us, while they had Micky Quinn up front. Where did all their racism evaporate to?

I went to an fa cup game from memory I'm sure the Blades were in 2 sections of St James Park. Martin Smith ex Sunderland scored. My main memory was Shearer kneeing Monty in the back while he received a throw in. We lost but great away day... UTB

I went to an fa cup game from memory I'm sure the Blades were in 2 sections of St James Park. Martin Smith ex Sunderland scored. My main memory was Shearer kneeing Monty in the back while he received a throw in. We lost but great away day... UTB
4 1 defeat. 1999 maybe.

That 4-0 defeat in 1993 away is the coldest I've ever been at a game. Snow in November, wearing my new Blades scarf for the first and last time. We were in a corner of the ground in a standing area. Only bright spot was the Newcastle fan shouting at us from the stand, from memory he was special needs, but whatever he shouted raised a smile from us miserable, freezing Blades. A lifetime ago.

Landlord at Devonshire arms let the away fans take over the pub, Warnock premiership season. Locals never forgave him. Beginning of the end for the pub and now a block of flats.

That 4-0 defeat in 1993 away is the coldest I've ever been at a game. Snow in November, wearing my new Blades scarf for the first and last time. We were in a corner of the ground in a standing area. Only bright spot was the Newcastle fan shouting at us from the stand, from memory he was special needs, but whatever he shouted raised a smile from us miserable, freezing Blades. A lifetime ago.
I was at that game.
Agree an absolutely freezing cold night.Had about 6 layers of clothes on, and still nearly lost my nadgers.

Back
Top Bottom