Medical Incident - John Street

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Anybody know what happened / if the person is OK?

There were fans from both teams waving their arms for the game to be stopped but it seems we've done away with that rule these days.

No idea, although the person went off in a wheelchair, so presumably not life threatening. I don’t understand the logic of stopping the game, what would be gained by that?
That's what we couldn't understand. Fair enough if you're trying to get medical attention but you're surrounded by stewards with radios

No idea, although the person went off in a wheelchair, so presumably not life threatening. I don’t understand the logic of stopping the game, what would be gained by that?

That's what we couldn't understand. Fair enough if you're trying to get medical attention but you're surrounded by stewards with radios

Thought the same at the time that we started to do this.

The argument is that the medical teams can concentrate on the task at hand without having 30,000+ fans generating lots of noise.

I don't think the game should stop.*
For example, a Gig wouldn't stop would it.

*If this was my family or somebody close to me, my views may drastically change, mind you

Anybody know what happened / if the person is OK?

There were fans from both teams waving their arms for the game to be stopped but it seems we've done away with that rule these days.

It was me. I'm still alive thanks. ongoing heart issues but first time I've dropped like that! Had a nice night in the Northern General. Medical staff are first class at The Lane. Coming in disguise to the Everton game though

You and your partner? You only moved due to the shouting and swearing! 😀

It was me. I'm still alive thanks. ongoing heart issues but first time I've dropped like that! Had a nice night in the Northern General. Medical staff are first class at The Lane. Coming in disguise to the Everton game though
So glad u are ok
I have similar, I thought I was going when Haaland missed the pen
Felt very strange
What's your opinion on continuing the game?
I've said to my mate if I go dont let them stop the game 🙂

So glad u are ok
I have similar, I thought I was going when Haaland missed the pen
Felt very strange
What's your opinion on continuing the game?
I've said to my mate if I go dont let them stop the game 🙂
I’d rather everyone be watching the football than watching me getting wheeled out.

Glad OddSocks is okay 👍

There was another medical incident on Cherry Street about 20 minutes to kickoff. An old chap was on the floor, blood pouring from a head wound, looked really bad, but he was thankfully being attended to.

I might be wrong but I think stopping the game is so that, if the need be, that the ambulance can get across the pitch, as usually there is only one vehicle entrance point. At the lane it is between the south stand and John street stand.

Good to know. Glad ya OK.

Glad to hear you are okay. I remember at England v Brazil at the then new Wembley in 2007 seeing someone stretchered out and never finding out if that person was okay or not! Stuck with me all this time.

Believe the official process now isn't to stop the game unless it's absolutely needed like landing a helicopter on the pitch as has happened in the past!

Really glad your all well, I heard only person that went down quicker than you was Larouci trying to see ball out down line 😂

Hope tha makes a swift recovery ❤️‍🩹

Must be a blade thing both myself and my brother have heart issues

Glad you're on t.he mend👍

Really glad your all well, I heard only person that went down quicker than you was Larouci trying to see ball out down line 😂

Hope tha makes a swift recovery ❤️‍🩹

I'm concerned for that bloke in the light-blue shirt and alice band; the amount of times he went down, he must have the dickiest heart in England.

A belated, glad you're ok and look after yourself! Maybe supporting Real Madrid from now on might be better for your heart.

Did you make the Everton game?
Get through it ok?

Cheers. Sure I used to sit in front of you a few seasons ago when the kids were younger
Seeing your username reminded me of a Poem my mum wrote just before she died in 2015, well she couldn't write it as she was virtually blind by then, she dictated and I typed it, we used it at her funeral read by my two nieces.

"
Poem
Odd sock written by GSR

(Dedicated to all women who have had to look after a man)

I’m a lonely little odd sock, wandering round the house
Searching all the drawers and looking for my spouse
I know we were together when we went in the washer
But now I can't help wondering if he's found a sock that's posher.

We've had so many happy times when we were on the feet
And hoped to have some mini socks to make our joy complete.
But oh, the anguish that I felt when taken back upstairs
To find that all the other socks were wrapped up in their pairs.

Where, oh where I wonder, can my lovely darling be?
Has he gone behind the heater or under the settee?
Is he lurking with his new love in a brand new hiding place?
And could he be the reason for a smirk upon her face?

Well if I find out in the end that that is what is true
I've made my mind up and now I know just what I'm going to do.
I'll search in all the cupboards till I find a sock alone –
A diamond patterned golfing sock who'll make me all his own.
We’ll have such fun and frolics when we reach the eighteenth tee;

We’ll creep into the bunker and he'll snuggle up to me.
Then all our future outings will be full of joy and laughter
And bless our little cotton socks – we’ll be happy ever after! "

Glad to know you are OK.

Glad you're ok,
As a guy with cardio issues myself, and awaiting a procedure at Chesterman, I can fully empathise... Keep well m8.

Seeing your username reminded me of a Poem my mum wrote just before she died in 2015, well she couldn't write it as she was virtually blind by then, she dictated and I typed it, we used it at her funeral read by my two nieces.

"
Poem
Odd sock written by GSR

(Dedicated to all women who have had to look after a man)

I’m a lonely little odd sock, wandering round the house
Searching all the drawers and looking for my spouse
I know we were together when we went in the washer
But now I can't help wondering if he's found a sock that's posher.

We've had so many happy times when we were on the feet
And hoped to have some mini socks to make our joy complete.
But oh, the anguish that I felt when taken back upstairs
To find that all the other socks were wrapped up in their pairs.

Where, oh where I wonder, can my lovely darling be?
Has he gone behind the heater or under the settee?
Is he lurking with his new love in a brand new hiding place?
And could he be the reason for a smirk upon her face?

Well if I find out in the end that that is what is true
I've made my mind up and now I know just what I'm going to do.
I'll search in all the cupboards till I find a sock alone –
A diamond patterned golfing sock who'll make me all his own.
We’ll have such fun and frolics when we reach the eighteenth tee;

We’ll creep into the bunker and he'll snuggle up to me.
Then all our future outings will be full of joy and laughter
And bless our little cotton socks – we’ll be happy ever after! "

Glad to know you are OK.

That is lovely!

Back
Top Bottom