McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

smzodics and Summerville

Agree on ugbo and Adam’s, but for me bamford is maybe a bit more cultured, but also a lot more of a cunt, a face you’d never tire of slapping and nowhere near as useful defending - I’d rather have McB than that shithouse
Them 2 aren’t target men. Are you seriously saying Ugbo is better than McBurnie 😂😂😂🙈 I thought the original poster was on the wind up. The only one who is anywhere near mcburnie is Adams and mcburnie still better than him.

Them 2 aren’t target men. Are you seriously saying Ugbo is better than McBurnie 😂😂😂🙈 I thought the original poster was on the wind up. The only one who is anywhere near mcburnie is Adams and mcburnie still better than him.
I’d have Adam’s over McB yes, not the same player but I’m not overly arsed about having a target man, it’s a bit of an antiquated role in modern football and prompts us to hoof it

I’m on the fence a bit as he has shown his good side recently, but not consistently and spends time out injured
BBD is better than all the name’s mentioned except Summerville imo

smzodics and Summerville

Agree on ugbo and Adam’s, but for me bamford is maybe a bit more cultured, but also a lot more of a cunt, a face you’d never tire of slapping and nowhere near as useful defending - I’d rather have McB than that shithouse
Ugbo is shite, the other two aren't much better

I don’t think Rangers are really that interested in him. A couple of months ago I was sure he would sign a new deal now I’m leaning towards him not but we’re still talking so let’s see. I wouldn’t be suprised if he’s in premier league next season. If he’s not here it’s a massive void to fill in my opinion and we won’t get any better. Some off the stick he gets from some of our fans is a joke but to me he’d been a really good player for us and also you can tell her really cares for the club.
Guessing the major sticking point is wages? He’s easily worth 20k a week imo.. wouldn’t go much higher than that due to his past injury issues though.

You've put up Summerville's stats rather than Bamford's.

Bamford, the overrated muppet, has 7 goals in 30 Championship appearances this season.
Don’t rate Bamford, see previous post

Summerville and Adam’s I’d have yes

Name a better number 9 in the championship
There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

I want my #9 to do more than win headers in defensive set plays.

I want my #9 to have excellent off the ball movement and not be completely static.

I want my #9 to retain possession when involved in a play phase more often than turn possession over.

I want my #9 to have pace, power and situational awareness.

I want my #9 to spend more time on the pitch then in the treatment room.

I want my #9 to play on his toes rather than on his heals. If you know, you know 😉.

I want my #9 to be capable of consistently striking a football correctly 👀!

I want my #9 to not be physically dominated by so many opponents.

I want my #9 to consistently ensure that his 2nd touch is not more often than not a tackle.

I could go on !

UTB

Last edited:
There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

You're right I won't agree.

Out of curiosity has anyone told you that you're a sad strange little man before?

I'm not Mcb's biggest fan, but when you spout shite like that which is so obviously factually incorrect, it's plain as day you're on the wind up and lose any credibility for anything you say after.

There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

I want my #9 to have excellent off the ball movement and not be completely static.

I want my #9 to retain possession when involved in a play phase more often than turn possession over.

I want my #9 to play on his toes rather than on his heals. If you know, you know 😉.

I want my #9 to consistently ensure that his 2nd touch is not more often than not a tackle.

I could go on !

UTB
You want us to sign Romelu Lukaku?

Him being unavailable a lot means that we get a good chance to see (and compare) the team with, and without him.

By my eye, we’re a lot better with. He knits play together, wins headers, sets attacks off from midfield - generally helps us to do a bit more with the ball. He looks ungainly, and being a daft lad will divide opinion but he’s really effective.

In a perfect world, you’d let him go and replace for the person who does all these things but never gets injured.

We do not live in a perfect world, you try and re-sign the guy who makes you play better, and manage the niggles as best you can.

McB is a free transfer for someone.

His wages will reflect that, whether with us or elsewhere.

As far as we are concerned he is 27, fits in at the club and with some management of injuries will score between 10-20 goals a season in the championship easily.

Rather than seeing him as the main striker, we need to consider his as part of a forward unit, one of 4 that offer the quality we need to be competitive.
On that basis, signing him up should be a priority, as we have 2 spots we will need to fill with the departures of BBD and Archer.

Jebbo looks even more likely to be leaving, while Osula still looks a huge gamble as one of the main strikers next season.
Brewster simply can’t physically play the game, he’s finished at the higher level and proven beyond doubt that his body will continue to fail him. Do although he will still be here we can expect 5 games from him if we are lucky, and as we know being so short of match action means he will never be able to get the consistency back.

So, McB might cost more in wages, but unless there are better free options out there it will still be cheaper than getting in a likenfor like from elsewhere.

You're right I won't agree.

Out of curiosity has anyone told you that you're a sad strange little man before?

I'm not Mcb's biggest fan, but when you spout shite like that which is so obviously factually incorrect, it's plain as day you're on the wind up and lose any credibility for anything you say after.
Your opinion of me and observations I have made has been noted.

Thanks for your opinion 😃.

UTB

There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

I could go on !

UTB
And for £17 million (?) I’d expect him to do most of the things you have mentioned.

There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

I could go on !

UTB
So you want McB !

There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

I could go on !

UTB
So go on then, answer the question and name all the no 9s who are better than him within our budget

There are 24 of them.

You won’t agree.

I could go on !

UTB
I want my No 9 to be Mcburnie

Divides opinion ?

Perhaps the only player in the history of the club to publicly declare his being “wank” and a huge section of our support not believing it 😂.

His skill set as a number 9 is incredibly limited.

We could and really now should be looking for a long overdue upgrade.

UTB
Come on Dronnie I thought you’d seen the light!

We’re far better with McBurnie than without.

On the one hand, we've usually looked better with McBurnie in the side. He's a good foil for almost any striker and more than adequate for the Championship.

On the other hand, he is never going to play 35+ games a season. Aside from a good season at Swansea, his goal return isn't commensurate for a leading striker that's refusing a salary decrease.

I can see McBurnie being a useful impact sub player for a bottom half premier league side, which would almost guarantee him a better wage packet too.

A fresh start for club and player is the best solution.

Perm any 1 from the dozens of potential options here.

ALL of whom do more of what is required of a modern day #9 than our boy. And probably at significantly less cost.

But might not be as good at clearing lines at corners so that’s that 😂

UTB
Any 1? You said there were 24. Few are no 9s, fewer are in our budget. Plenty don’t suit our style either. Don’t let that stop your expertise though 😉

Any 1? You said there were 24. Few are no 9s, fewer are in our budget. Plenty don’t suit our style either. Don’t let that stop your expertise though 😉
Your opinion, like mine is open to interpretation.

My interpretation, based on pretty much every single minute of his pitch time with Utd over 5 years is that Swansea had our pants down. And even that’s an understatement.

Out of curiosity, which bit of “I’ve been wank” are you not convinced about ?

UTB

The crux of the issue with McBurnie is his fitness. If Wider can get & keep him fit, there are very few strikers in the Championship come even close to him (remember how he helped destroy Burnley last season). So it is down to fitness…..

On the basis that I trust Wilder to get out squad’s conditioning & fitness back to 2019/20 levels - I’d try my best to get McBurnie to sign as we would not be able to pay the likely fee needed for an equivalent replacement.

I would also add that I really think Wilder will be trying hard to keep him. Wilder brought him in in the first place & very much is Wilder type of player.

Also I reckon that McBurnie probably likes Wilder & feels valued and would be happy to stay. Sad though it is - also the recent very sad medical condition of his brother likely means that McBurnie will not want to move too far from Yorkshire this year.

So I reckon if we can make him a sensible offer - McBurnie may well be here and be a key player in the Championship next season.

Your opinion, like mine is open to interpretation.

My interpretation, based on pretty much every single minute of his pitch time with Utd over 5 years is that Swansea had our pants down. And even that’s an understatement.

Out of curiosity, which bit of “I’ve been wank” are you not convinced about ?

UTB

The “I’ve been wank” comment was two seasons ago wasn’t it? And wasn’t it just referring to that particular season, when everyone else was wank as well?

Back
Top Bottom