McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Exactly this! So we have a big lump that wins headers because all we do is Gerrit forward when he's on the pitch!

Hardly the smoking gun to proving his ability! If anything the stat just shows how we revert back to 1980's style football when he plays.
We conceded two goals from set pieces after he went off last week
He would probably have stopped at least one of those from happening and gained us two points

Just a shame 90% of the headers he wins are in our box. (but still useful I admit)
I think he's testament to how terrible our recruitment of a 2nd CF has been over the last 5 years that he is BY FAR our best striker in the air.
It would have been nice if there had been some semblance of competition in this regard.

Just a shame 90% of the headers he wins are in our box. (but still useful I admit)
I think he's testament to how terrible our recruitment of a 2nd CF has been over the last 5 years that he is BY FAR our best striker in the air.
It would have been nice if there had been some semblance of competition in this regard.
A very very very very very very expensive Darius Henderson

Good to see the same old McBurnie Fan Club comes out in force....

I'm guessing it's the same faces that think the Prince is at fault and is asset stripping the club to fund his evil underground lair inside a hollowed out volcano....

Don't be silly PA can't afford an underground lair.

Everyone knows he has a small allotment in Rotherham where he conducts his evil plans.

I would be happy to see him go. Regarding Ariel duels won the stat is meaning less without context of was it defensive, was it in attack and most importantly where did the ball end up.
Match the stats with the evidence of our own eyes. He is gangly and awkward. Fouls alot and likes to push and shove. He is not good to hold up the ball and his distribution is hit or miss. He has been injury prone lately and he scores a goal every 6 games on average with the bulk of them being in the championship.

He is not PL standard for any team 1 to 20. He is average championship and most clubs wouldn't bother. We need a forward who is strong and competitive and can create chances for others. Its the overall effect of performance on the team performance that counts. McBurnie does not fit the bill for me.

I would be happy to see him go. Regarding Ariel duels won the stat is meaning less without context of was it defensive, was it in attack and most importantly where did the ball end up.
Match the stats with the evidence of our own eyes. He is gangly and awkward. Fouls alot and likes to push and shove. He is not good to hold up the ball and his distribution is hit or miss. He has been injury prone lately and he scores a goal every 6 games on average with the bulk of them being in the championship.

He is not PL standard for any team 1 to 20. He is average championship and most clubs wouldn't bother. We need a forward who is strong and competitive and can create chances for others. Its the overall effect of performance on the team performance that counts. McBurnie does not fit the bill for me.
He isn't athletic enough for Premier League football. But when he was fit and had a run of games in the Championship he was bordering unplayable and looking one of the best strikers at that level.
He did have N'Diaye alongside him though and the main issue will always be that these runs of 'fitness' seem to be getting shorter and shorter.
He has strengths that we could use next season and would be a great squad player. But with our resources he is probably a luxury we can't afford next season. Happy if he stays but if we move on then fine.
I bet there would be a load of 'we miss McBurnie' comments if he does go though!

He isn't athletic enough for Premier League football. But when he was fit and had a run of games in the Championship he was bordering unplayable and looking one of the best strikers at that level.
He did have N'Diaye alongside him though and the main issue will always be that these runs of 'fitness' seem to be getting shorter and shorter.
He has strengths that we could use next season and would be a great squad player. But with our resources he is probably a luxury we can't afford next season. Happy if he stays but if we move on then fine.
I bet there would be a load of 'we miss McBurnie' comments if he does go though!
I agree with most of what you say but I don't see us paying a fee to get a player as good as him in to replace him and I don't see who is out there on a free either!

Number 1 McBurnie fan right there...."bordering unplayable" lol. The Haaland of the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom