McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure why some Blades fans have a need to keep finding scapegoats.
We won 4-1 FFS !!!
Ye we won but that was the least 4-1 win I've ever seen. Bogle shite mcburnie same berge until last 5. If we had a top striker we'd be comfortable every game. Nobody breaks the lines we expect so much from illiman but the kids winning the ball back at the corner flag. Says everything. Would I swap places with any team but burnley NO but we need pace bravery something we lack in buckets. Robbo MOTM says it all

Ye we won but that was the least 4-1 win I've ever seen. Bogle shite mcburnie same berge until last 5. If we had a top striker we'd be comfortable every game. Nobody breaks the lines we expect so much from illiman but the kids winning the ball back at the corner flag. Says everything. Would I swap places with any team but burnley NO but we need pace bravery something we lack in buckets. Robbo MOTM says it all
We literally need a max of 8 points. You might not enjoy it but it's succesful

Start of the season, he looked fit, he’d obviously been in the gym and put a bit of muscle on. He was actually sprinting for the ball and looked a decent player and a goal threat.
But since January he’s back to the Ollie McBurnie of old, looks disinterested, unfit, incapable of losing his marker or making a run to create space for himself or others, and on top of all that, he looks fucked after 60 minutes?

If United had had the funds to sign a couple of decent strikers, in January, we would be above Burnley. We’ve got a great squad, competition all over the pitch, but our striking options are pretty woeful to be honest

It was, but some folks don't have a fucking clue how football works so it's easier to start moaning without having to work their brain.
I think I must have been at a different game today to many on here. Thought he did ok, worked hard, just poor on the final ball.

Similarly heard a few grumbles on the way out “made that harder than it needed to be”…..we were playing Cardiff City battling relegation not fucking AFC Fylde.

Nothing is ever going to be good enough for these people.

Help me out here - what does “Robbo - MOTD” say other than he had a great game and capped it off with a well taken goal?

Sometimes you win and the keeper is man of the match. It’s football, it’s unpredictable, some people even enjoy it.

Help me out here - what does “Robbo - MOTD” say other than he had a great game and capped it off with a well taken goal?

Sometimes you win and the keeper is man of the match. It’s football, it’s unpredictable, some people even enjoy it.

Indeed. He bagged, and along with Egan dealt comfortably enough with their continual direct threat. I'd have given it Egan but JLT wasn't far behind, sometimes you just need to give credit to a makeshift back six against a tricky opponent

Not sure why some Blades fans have a need to keep finding scapegoats.
We won 4-1 FFS !!!
we were lucky to win at all and 4 - 1 was no reflection on the game cardiff deserved a point as for making him a scapegoat im not just dont see how he gets in in front of jebbison and sharpy hes not even a good championship striker

Slow, always looks knackered, a touch like a baby elephant and seems to struggle to get a clean contact on any shots.
Then seems to come alive for 10 minutes, very strange player
I like the baby elephant analogy. Not far off, Oli is getting to the ball control of a baby elephant. Just not quite there yet.

think I must have been at a different game today to many on here.

I was sat at a different one to many too… everyone has their own opinions, but christ, some folk don’t half shit the bed, panic and rage about owt…

Don’t get me started on “SHOOOOOT!” whenever anyone is vaguely near a ball over half way, regardless of if in the air, on the wrong foot, facing the wrong way or the entire population of a small country is stood between the player and the goal.

I was still laughing and shaking my head at those berating Sander for not hitting it as McAtee scored.

McBurnie is awesome at defending opposition corners though even if the rest of his game today was not so good. There were a number of times today when our final ball was very poor and never gave a forward the chance to get in on goal.

United's final ball (and general ball passing) were well off its best today. McBurnie included. But they got thr job done. Nothing else matters. Hopefully it's a lot better v Bristol and we are comfortable winners on Tues night. That really could be a season defining win. I also think if we win that then a few of the chasers heads might drop. Give them no encouragement and win it well on Tuesday, United.

we were lucky to win at all and 4 - 1 was no reflection on the game cardiff deserved a point as for making him a scapegoat im not just dont see how he gets in in front of jebbison and sharpy hes not even a good championship striker
How did Cardiff deserve a point? A penalty, a gifted chance and a speculative shot against the bar. They offered no real goal threat.

Start of the season, he looked fit, he’d obviously been in the gym and put a bit of muscle on. He was actually sprinting for the ball and looked a decent player and a goal threat.
But since January he’s back to the Ollie McBurnie of old, looks disinterested, unfit, incapable of losing his marker or making a run to create space for himself or others, and on top of all that, he looks fucked after 60 minutes?

If United had had the funds to sign a couple of decent strikers, in January, we would be above Burnley. We’ve got a great squad, competition all over the pitch, but our striking options are pretty woeful to be honest
Agree 100 with this…

I think he needs moving on…

I’ve never seen such a slow player … if he had any pace I would suggest converting him to CB but he would a nightmare in open play.

He gets put in the team for his height and physicality and that’s it…

Kieffer Moore is a much better player I would also say so us Gary Madine….

It's a pity that people can't give an opinion on whether a player is good or bad without all the histrionics and bed wetting comments.

Some have been harsh on McBurnie today. He worked hard and had some good touches. Overall though his level of performance since his arrival has been poor or maybe average at best.
It's a similar story with people getting offended because someone said Berge was poor.

My view is this. We have a large squad of players but not a definitive first 11. If all were currently fit you could pick 2 teams with little between them.
We don't seem to have any player with the exception of Anel who does not have a glaring weakness. Doyle and McAtee are talented and improving but decision making can be poor at times. Bogle and Lowe are poor at defending. Baldock and Stevens can defend but not so good when attacking. Robinson does make some mistakes but you can't fault his attitude. He made a few last ditch in header interceptions to prevent a goal.

Overall yes we won 4-1 but it only became easy with 10 minutes to go. Prior to that we struggled at times in our passing and movement. Our attacking play can be at best considered to be more individualistic than collective. We are going to get promoted. Have we any chance of staying up? No....too many players substandard or too old. I just hope that our club spend some bit of money and buy players with ages between 20 and 25.

We had a lot of big chances 4-1 didn't really flatter us, even sat with a a neutral they said the same, iliman destroyed them

I was sat at a different one to many too… everyone has their own opinions, but christ, some folk don’t half shit the bed, panic and rage about owt…

Don’t get me started on “SHOOOOOT!” whenever anyone is vaguely near a ball over half way, regardless of if in the air, on the wrong foot, facing the wrong way or the entire population of a small country is stood between the player and the goal.

I was still laughing and shaking my head at those berating Sander for not hitting it as McAtee scored.
Agreed and that happens all too often.
The mentality of some of our fans screaming at a player as soon as they lose it or misplace a pass. There are no players that have a 100% perfect game, not even Kevin DB so having a go at players for the slightest error is just pathetic.

I was applauding Berge when he took their advancing player out for a yellow. There were fans screaming at him calling it stupid. Beggars belied it really does.

This

I thought he played well today. Did plenty of running and closing down but especially good defending corners and free kicks. Thought he won more headers back there than the back 3.
I was screaming though for hecky to make changes at 2-1. Thought McB and Ndiaye both looked bollocksed at that point. Then Iliman stuck the 3rd in. What do I know!

This season has really made me wonder what some fans get out of following United. Last week against Wigan we weren't clinical enough and we wanted a comfortable victory. This week we are clinical, get a comfortable victory and some people aren't happy because a defender got Man Of The Match and they thought the opposition deserved a point.

It's not going to get much better than this I'm afraid. I understand people wanting more but this is as good as it's likely to get for us. Just enjoy it. It's highly likely that in 5 years or so we will be reminiscing about this team and wishing we were watching them again.

This season has really made me wonder what some fans get out of following United. Last week against Wigan we weren't clinical enough and we wanted a comfortable victory. This week we are clinical, get a comfortable victory and some people aren't happy because a defender got Man Of The Match and they thought the opposition deserved a point.

It's not going to get much better than this I'm afraid. I understand people wanting more but this is as good as it's likely to get for us. Just enjoy it. It's highly likely that in 5 years or so we will be reminiscing about this team and wishing we were watching them again.
As always, the moral of the story is people are the fucking worst

As always, the moral of the story is people are the fucking worst

You can't change how you feel and it's obviously fine to criticise performances after a win but people seem to be jumping through hoops to try and make themselves feel shit. As CrookesBlade said, some people were grumbling on the way out. It's not new to be fair. I remember the same happening after drawing with Brighton in The Premier League when were 6th. I just don't understand what you're getting from it I suppose.

I get what you’re saying, but you have to go the games in isolation, and whilst we took most of the chances, I think some are mixing im the performance today and whilst we scored 4 it wasn’t pretty, I’ll take that every game mind.

I get what you’re saying, but you have to go the games in isolation, and whilst we took most of the chances, I think some are mixing im the performance today and whilst we scored 4 it wasn’t pretty, I’ll take that every game mind.

I don't think we were great at all but we won 4-1 and are basically 2 wins from The Premier League. I just can't understand why this is the moment you'd start calling players shit and complaining about the way we play. We are so close to achieving something that is notoriously hard to do. These players are essentially about to save the club from financial ruin

The problem is it seems to be fashionable to be super critical. I think people see managers who are super critical and don’t get carried away in public. They’re so aggressively harsh on our players, seemingly forgetting they’re championship footballers.

Norwood is a prime example - his range of passing is better than I’ve ever seen at United and I’d love to hear of anyone who’s been better. Yet he knocks one out of play after five crackers and he gets pelters.

My mate isn’t like this, but after I said we defended really well against Burnley he said “apart from the red card and gifting them two goals.”

Well yes actually. The red is a moment of madness from our keeper, then Bogle switches off for the first and our sub keeper has a nightmare for the second.

We played top of the league, a team who might break the points record, with ten men for over an hour. How many chances did they have? They pretty much scored them all.

Played well enough and is usually effective even when he doesn't

I feel that people might be taking his vastly improved ball retention and link up play for granted

Back
Top Bottom