McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think he said he was only fasting for a week to support his mates, that was during the break I think. And on the subject of whether he’s fully fit, I did see a post-match pic of him somewhere and it looked like he had some sort of strapping on his foot/ankle.

He’s been great this season on the whole.
He said something about his fingers pointing the wrong way "but who needs fingers".
He's turning into a top lad

There are players with more skill than Oli McB, who don't really care who they play for, it's just a job to them.

With McBurnie, you can see the passion in his eyes when we score, when we win, it's almost as if he was born and bred here.

He is like Basham, in that respect. You know that McBurnie will give 100%, whether fully fit or carrying a knock. He is also a tough twat who doesn't mind mixing it up, when called for. He's not going to nesh a 50/50.

Get behind the lad and the rest of the team, the top flight is calling.

Don't underestimate his defensive value when facing set pieces, he inevitably gets his head to clear the line's time and time again.
I mentioned a few weeks ago how he's turned his life/career around, backed by taking good advice from Hecky and other people who have his best interests at heart, l for one say fair play to him for that.

Yeah he was ok, they all were ok, professional team performance

Rememer that header though from the free kick in the first half, OMB is one of our best defenders at set pieces, like having another centre half..

Brings a hell of a lot to the team and is a real threat, anyway he's out of contract shortly, some that slag him off might get thier wish eh.

Don't underestimate his defensive value when facing set pieces, he inevitably gets his head to clear the line's time and time again.
I mentioned a few weeks ago how he's turned his life/career around, backed by taking good advice from Hecky and other people who have his best interests at heart, l for one say fair play to him for that.

Was typing similar stuff at the same time 😂

I dunno. I'm not religious in the slightest but I think the concept behind Ramadan is quite a humble one (thinking of the poorest/hungriest people of the world, being grateful for what you've got etc). It sounds like Oli has had conversations with Muslim friends about why they do it and has decided that it's something he wants to try.

He's hardly doing it to be cool or trendy. Seems like he's doing it for the right reasons. I think many fans would argue that, considering some of his off the field antics over his time here, if anyone needs to learn a bit of humility it's McBurnie. Fair play to him, I say.

My fat arse wouldn't last five fucking minutes.
I'm not saying quite that, and it is admiral, however nutrition is a massive part of a professional sportsman life, by partaking in this when it has nothing to do with your religion kind of doesn't feel right to me

Had absolutely nothing to feed off today, not a scrap, and the balls that came anywhere near him were always in the defenders favour. Put himself about as usual, grabbed that cunt Aarons round the throat when he got chirpy and if you ask the coaching staff and the players today, they'll probably say he was just fine.

I know some of you like a moan but fucking hell, try and make it realistic. How's about Max Lowe for example? Good footballer? Feel good when he's on the ball?

0_McBurnie.jpg

As said previously, been tremendous at times in the defence, today he seemed to struggle holding the ball up and bringing others into the game up top. Bad day at the office today that’s all.

He had a really good 5-10 minutes but otherwise fairly woeful upfront. He doesn't even compete for half the high balls, control was poor and so was his passing. Always exceedingly good at defensive headers though.

He had a really good 5-10 minutes but otherwise fairly woeful upfront. He doesn't even compete for half the high balls, control was poor and so was his passing. Always exceedingly good at defensive headers though.
Slow, always looks knackered, a touch like a baby elephant and seems to struggle to get a clean contact on any shots.
Then seems to come alive for 10 minutes, very strange player

can someone tell me what mcburnie gives this team apart from winning headers in our penalty area ? no pace doesnt win headers against centre backs no movement whatsoever give me jebbison every day of the week ive seen some pretty awful strikers over the years in a red and white shirt but mcburne is up there with chris guthrie and pedro verde for me know i will get slated for this post but i dont rate him and never will

Very good defensively as always today, attacking he was excellent in laying the ball off when it was played aerially, but when it was coming into feet his first touch was not good

Let’s be honest he’s just not a very good footballer at the end of the day, yes he has a few pros but they are far outweighed by the cons. No harm against the bloke but I hope we don’t activate the extra year and just free up the wages.

Never known a striker win so many defensive headers

So much so it’s a worry when Hecky subs him. Not because we miss his goals but those headers

May as well play him in defence.

Back
Top Bottom