McAtte

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Fucking brilliant today.. there's a reason why man city have loaned him and not sold him, we're watching a future England star ... he's only going to get better and better... Will it be enough for us this season... probably not... but in 3 or 4 years time he will be England's best player and the blades will have played a massive part in it

Fucking brilliant today.. there's a reason why man city have loaned him and not sold him, we're watching a future England star ... he's only going to get better and better... Will it be enough for us this season... probably not... but in 3 or 4 years time he will be England's best player and the blades will have played a massive part in it

Who???

If Brewster hadn’t got injured Hecky wouldn’t have made that change.
Lucky for him he did because Mcatee changed the game, when he came on and without him we wouldn’t have won today.
He is the only player who carries the ball forward and runs at the opposition. It creates havoc, when he does it, they get pulled out of position and lose their defensive shape and discipline.
Superb performance today James Mcatee, MOM imo 😉

Lucky for him he did because Mcatee changed the game, when he came on and without him we wouldn’t have won today.
He is the only player who carries the ball forward and runs at the opposition. It creates havoc, when he does it, they get pulled out of position and lose their defensive shape and discipline.
Hecky said he was going to swap Brewster for McAtee at half time but the injury brought it forward a few minutes.

I’ve been thinking for a while that just as Ndiaye stepped in to take on the creativity even more from Gibbs-White that we have to use McAtee in the same manner.

I wish no ill on Brewster, he’s had a torrid time of it. But maybe there was a bit of good fortune in terms of the way forward.

Get him either in a front three or just off a striker and we seem to have options once more.

The opposition simply don’t expect us to have a player who can carry the ball like he does. It must be frustrating for him to see his teammates so nervous and treating the ball like a live grenade.

Who’d have thought bringing a good player on for a crock who couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo would have a positive impact?!
And a change in the formation with Hamer and McAtee playing off Archer. Wolves had no answer to it second half, especially with the predominantly left footed McAtee coming in from the right most of the second half

He played like he gives a shit. Showed passion and desire unseen this season. Need the rest to follow...
Did you not watch the second half? Everybody was great.

In fairness I thought we showed fairly similar commitment first half but everyone kept miscontrolling and misplacing the ball in the first half.

Did you not watch the second half? Everybody was great.

In fairness I thought we showed fairly similar commitment first half but everyone kept miscontrolling and misplacing the ball in the first half.
Yes I did and I'm saying he showed commitment MORE than the rest. Didn't say the rest showed none. His level was just highest I've seen this season.

It frustrates me because every team in this division has a player or players that can carry the ball up the pitch. I know Gus and Bogle try it but its more about the pass towards them that encourages or forces them to run forward. Souza has to start doing it as well.

McAtee was the only player that got that wolves back line facing their own goal. I’d sacrifice a striker for him in the midfield moving us up the pitch rather than these easy excuse long balls hoofed in a general direction to our 5’11 strikers.

Listen to what Hecky said. Brewster was only playing the first half.
Archer carries the ball forward and runs at or through the opposition
Whilst not wanting to deflect from McAtee, who was very good, I thought the influence of Baldock was also crucial to the overall performance.

We won yesterday and everybody gave it their all.
Yes, after very tentative start we grew into the game and thoroughly deserved the win. Just wish collectively we had a bit more confidence on the ball like McAtee.

It frustrates me because every team in this division has a player or players that can carry the ball up the pitch. I know Gus and Bogle try it but its more about the pass towards them that encourages or forces them to run forward. Souza has to start doing it as well.

McAtee was the only player that got that wolves back line facing their own goal. I’d sacrifice a striker for him in the midfield moving us up the pitch rather than these easy excuse long balls hoofed in a general direction to our 5’11 strikers.
Yes, I think two men up front is a bit of a luxury for us. We should opt to bolster our midfield because when we’re sometimes under the cosh, our strikers tend get isolated and taken out of game.

Hecky said he was going to swap Brewster for McAtee at half time but the injury brought it forward a few minutes.
Well, he would wouldn’t he, even though history would suggest otherwise.

But, as a Hecky fan, I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion 😉

I think we’ve all (team and fans) been suffering from imposter syndrome, doubting both our ability and worth in this league. But McAtee demonstrated against Wolves, he knows exactly what league he belongs in.

McAtee was a game changer today. Dropped a bit deeper than Brewster and caused havoc. They couldnt deal with him popping up in the holes. Hope we get more of this now.

Back
Top Bottom