Max Lowe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great assist but think some are getting too giddy. Still looks a little weak at times and needs to get tighter to stop crosses coming in. But definite signs of improvement on the left hand side along with the increasingly assured RND.

He really seems like a confidence player. Plays well when feels loved by the fans.

I know you can say this about any player but affects some more than others

He really seems like a confidence player. Plays well when feels loved by the fans.

I know you can say this about any player but affects some more than others
Totally get this.
It's like when i worked at a butchers shop and all the other staff made me take my breaks in the freezer whilst they sat outside because they said it was important i acclimatised.

A
Totally get this.
It's like when i worked at a butchers shop and all the other staff made me take my breaks in the freezer whilst they sat outside because they said it was important i acclimatised.
Aye, but did they string you up by your thumbs from the meat hooks??

Think a few people owe this lad an apology. Been really good these past few games. Likes a tackle and has a bit of pace. The left back spot is his now.

Player is terrible
Fans call him terrible
Player starts to play well
People demand fans apologise for calling someone terrible when they were in fact terrible

I will never understand this line of thinking

Thought he had a good game yesterday, maybe his best for us but maybe that’s because we totally dominated Reading. Long way to go yet for me to be convinced by him. His low level is pretty damn low, when that bar is raised to, ‘he had a poor game but still put in a shift’ then I will say sorry

Thought he was our quietest player tbh

He's a reasonable option but that's it for me

He doesn't do enough more than RND going forward to justify selection over him. He is though ahead of Stevens, who is broken

Above all, we have to be careful which games we play him in. Anything physical where we'll have to defend more than usual, forget it, play anyone instead of him

Nothing against the OP at all but I don't get the sentiment.

I think you rightfully apologize if he was playing well but somehow an individual was insisting he wasn't just to get on his case.

He had a mare against Watford and many said so. They weren't wrong just because he's played well the last couple of games.

Same with McBurnie. Nobody has an issue with his Sunderland, Luton and Reading performances. They are more in line with the player who notched 24 goals and for whom we were persuaded to part with 20m.

Let's not pretend he was really great for the prior two seasons and that he'd represented the club off the field with nothing but professionalism.

I hope as do many of not all on here, that he's turned a corner, same with Lowe. But let's not rewrite history.

Let's get behind them both however whilever they wear those two crossed blades on their shirts!

Great assist but think some are getting too giddy. Still looks a little weak at times and needs to get tighter to stop crosses coming in. But definite signs of improvement on the left hand side along with the increasingly assured RND.
This -

As Pommps said in his view from - Robinson / Clark at LCB with RND at LWB looks our most effective option, and i agree. However , Lowe has improved recently but from all accounts he couldn't have possible got any worse

This -

As Pommps said in his view from - Robinson / Clark at LCB with RND at LWB looks our most effective option, and i agree. However , Lowe has improved recently but from all accounts he couldn't have possible got any worse

Agree....it's not that he's now a superstar left back.

The reality was he's been surprisingly really poor for us....it was becoming obvious that either he wants away or just not up to Championship standard.

However in recent games he's played reasonably well and now looks reasonable Championship standard.
He's doing his job well, so no complaints but he's still not outstanding. Last night he was one of our quieter performers.

Good first time cross for McBurnies goal. I thought he played well but not as quick I thought. One instance in second half looked like he was running in treacle chasing a ball down our left.

I said the same to my lad at the weekend and am pretty sure it would make us even stronger down the left .

Looking back , I struggle to think of a Blades squad with the strength in depth that this one has .

Nice , innit ? :)

( This refers to Bell4’s post above )

I said the same to my lad at the weekend and am pretty sure it would make us even stronger down the left .

Looking back , I struggle to think of a Blades squad with the strength in depth that this one has .

Nice , innit ? :)

( This refers to Bell4’s post above )
If only that strength in depth wasn't sat on the treatment table!

Player is terrible
Fans call him terrible
People demand fans apologise for calling someone terrible when they were in fact terrible

He had 2 bad games (which 1 was a substitute appearance) coming into a new team/system and people were saying we should sell him for whatever Olympiacos offer for him. If he'd had a season of bad games like Mcburnie, then fair enough, but to slag him after 1 substitute appearance and 1 full appearance was/is silly.

I've always thought he was great going forward but poor defensively. Not really changed my mind. When we are dominating like last night he should play, but away from home I would go with RND if he is not covering LCB.

He had 2 bad games (which 1 was a substitute appearance) coming into a new team/system and people were saying we should sell him for whatever Olympiacos offer for him. If he'd had a season of bad games like Mcburnie, then fair enough, but to slag him after 1 substitute appearance and 1 full appearance was/is silly.
Not silly at all. His previous appearances for us in the PL shows he isn't up to it.

Expect better.

Player is terrible
Fans call him terrible

It's the binary nature of a large portion of the hard of thinking of society.

He was terrible, and has now upgraded to 'ok' and people can't wait to jump and scream "told you so" ...

I personally think he stood out last night as not being at the level of those around him. Numerous times he stood there looking bemused at all the action going on around him like me in Josephines in my early 20's...

If he can produce 6/10 performances until Clark/Robinson are back and we can punt RND out there - I'll take tha. However, lauding him as the second coming of Roberto Carlos because he hasn't shit the bed the last few games is ludicrous...

You have a short memory.

He’d played 8 PL games. He was wretched in seven of them and decent at home to WBA.

He then gave one of the worst cameos in recent memory v Watford. And wasn’t much better in the first half v Boro.

Criticism for these displays was entirely defensible.

I’m pleased he’s doing well. But to say people are critical because of just this season is wrong imho. He had a bad track record.

Think a few people owe this lad an apology. Been really good these past few games. Likes a tackle and has a bit of pace. The left back spot is his now.
i won’t apologise but i will admit i was wrong

His body language was shocking against Watford, no two ways about it, so i won’t apologise for thinking he didn’t want to be here

But he has come good since then. A huge well done to the lad as he’s looking like he wants to be here now and is playing well.

i won’t apologise but i will admit i was wrong

His body language was shocking against Watford, no two ways about it, so i won’t apologise for thinking he didn’t want to be here

But he has come good since then. A huge well done to the lad as he’s looking like he wants to be here now and is playing well.
This always makes me laugh when I see people say a player doesn't look like they want to be here when they're playing badly, but suddenly they look like they want to be here when they're playing well... No shit! Players playing badly lack confidence and look down/miserable.

Of course when things are going right they are going to look happier! Against Watford it wasn't his lack of effort - He tried multiple things that just didn't come off, so of course he looked miserable.

You have a short memory.

He’d played 8 PL games. He was wretched in seven of them and decent at home to WBA.

He then gave one of the worst cameos in recent memory v Watford. And wasn’t much better in the first half v Boro.

Criticism for these displays was entirely defensible.

I’m pleased he’s doing well. But to say people are critical because of just this season is wrong imho. He had a bad track record.

The 8 PL games he played was in a team who were on a major downward spiral. Nobody at that time looked any good. Expecting him to shine in a new team, in that situation, playing in a division higher than he had previously experienced is ridiculous and is a line of thinking I will never understand either. There are often extenuating circumstances to a players performance, things aren't always that black and white.

It's the sort of thinking that has seen many previous players written off before they've had a real chance to show their worth.

There's some people starting to look pretty silly on this forum re. Lowe, and I am surprised how many are continuing to dig a deeper hole.
He directly assisted the first goal and probably played the key role in the third goal.
He scored last week.
That is probably more goal involvement than all the other full backs in the championship put together. Its miles more than RND could be expected to provide given his past record.
I would suggest there is a lot more to come.
Good attacking output from your full backs is key to getting the back 3/5 tactic to work.
Last time we really had it was the promotion from League 1 with Keiron Freeman and Lafferty getting about 20 goals combined.

Back
Top Bottom