Matty Lowton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

flash-blade

Reaction score
Not having a dig as i think he's a great player but he needs to look at his positioning, he's right back so must get nearer his man on the left, its ok tucking in when the ball wide on the other side but he does it when the balls central

His positioning second half was ok. It was the linesman who was 10 yard behind play so never saw one off side. Totally inept but thankfully it didnt cost us in the end

I've always thought Lowton was poor at defending - particularly against pacey wingers. But he's excellent, at times, going forward. Surely we have got to try him in midfield?

His positioning second half was ok. It was the linesman who was 10 yard behind play so never saw one off side. Totally inept but thankfully it didnt cost us in the end
Look at Stevenages second goal at the Lane, he's run inside when we already had four players covering one and he left the Stevenage player in that much space he has a dig which delfected off Matty, fair enough the Exeter goal looked off side but he was still miles away from where he should have been

he has a dig which delfected off Matty

He made the unforgivable schoolboy error of turning his back when the Stevenage player went to shoot. As he was sideways on, that's less effective if you're trying to block a shot. The ball hit his backside and that goal has to go down as his responsibility.

I seem to remember we had similar debates about the guy who will probably be playing in that position for England in the summer :D

Back
Top Bottom