Matt Hill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only a minor point but I noticed Matty had been given a 12 month contract at Tranmere the other day, must have impressed during his short time there, pleased for the lad.

Agree crucial, think it might have been mentioned elsewhere, but if being a decent guy counts for anything then Hill deserves this extension to his footballing career. Never going to be the best of defenders, but if he can find his level then he'll do a good job for someone.

As a squad player/back up I really couldn't understand clough letting him go, like Collins not the greatest footballer but would have been a huge help to the likes of Kennedy and mcgahey. Plus an able if unspectacular back up for defenders.
Good luck to him at tranmere.

I know he had his detractors but I couldn't agree more, would have had no problems with hanging onto Matt for another season but I suppose it was always on the cards.

I guess the point is that he probably wants to be playing first team games at this stage of his career, and we couldn't guarantee that (or even sub appearances). I'd like him back as a coach one day, though, as he seems a really good role model and communicator.

Matt Hill was better at CB for me,and we would have been better keeping him rather than getting Butler in,but thats all hindsight i suppose.There is no doubt in my mind that both Harris and Mceveley are better than Hill at LB though.Like a few have said on here he deserves a contract,and he's a quality professional,good luck to the bloke.

Matt Hill was better at CB for me,and we would have been better keeping him rather than getting Butler in,but thats all hindsight i suppose.There is no doubt in my mind that both Harris and Mceveley are better than Hill at LB though.Like a few have said on here he deserves a contract,and he's a quality professional,good luck to the bloke.
Harris brings as much to the side as Hill did very little.
I'm disappointed Butlers not in the team Hill isn't in the same class

Harris brings as much to the side as Hill did very little.
I'm disappointed Butlers not in the team Hill isn't in the same class
He's had a really poor start to this season, but was very good for us last term.

UTB

Mceveley will make the the LB position his own.

Nowt against Harris but he dos'nt mark well , poor positional play, and as rash in the tackle as McMahon.
This year he looks lost on the park.

Had the pleasure of meeting him at a function at have to say he was a thoroughly decent bloke who was happy to have a laugh and a chat off his own back.

Mceveley will make the the LB position his own.

Nowt against Harris but he dos'nt mark well , poor positional play, and as rash in the tackle as McMahon.
This year he looks lost on the park.
Absolute garbage ,2 bad games he becomes Mcmahon ,are you Brian ?

Absolute garbage ,2 bad games he becomes Mcmahon ,are you Brian ?[/
I said he was rash in the tackle like McMahon not a replica that would be harsh.
Bit aggressive though some of your remarks.
Am I Brian FFS

Teach me to start a thread like this, lad now out long term with a serious injury. Best wishes Matt.

erm.......we actually have 2 left backs that can actually get forward, play football, get their head up, take a touch or two or three and aim a pass that goes to someone in the same colour shirt.

Matt Hill always gave 100%, was excellent in the air considering how small he was, but when on the ball it was panic stations, and when he did it was launch a long ball before he was closed down.

Wish him well at Tranmere though.

UTB

erm.......we actually have 2 left backs that can actually get forward, play football, get their head up, take a touch or two or three and aim a pass that goes to someone in the same colour shirt.

Matt Hill always gave 100%, was excellent in the air considering how small he was, but when on the ball it was panic stations, and when he did it was launch a long ball before he was closed down.

Wish him well at Tranmere though.

UTB

He's done his Achilles and will be out for several months

Back
Top Bottom