matchday prices and matchday experience

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheffield fc is six quid at coach and horses, Dronfield.
Only a fiver at Hallam FC. Pub prices for lager and bitter served in glasses in the carpeted clubhouse throughout the match where at least there are 4 people working the bar where the average attendamce is approx 80-100. Watch the game from the clubhouse (restricted view of one end) or sit in the stand where you want or stand anywhere around the pitch. I suggest people give it a try , it certainly opened my eyes as to how much Blades fans are taken for granted by the club at a high premium.

Metal is right about point one.

The matchday experience is better now eh ? ..................... 10,000+ missing supporters since 2007 says different.

You make it sound like we averaged 27,000 regularly for years before 2007!

Our support has held up incredibly well in the face of 2 relegations.

Only a fiver at Hallam FC. Pub prices for lager and bitter served in glasses in the carpeted clubhouse throughout the match where at least there are 4 people working the bar where the average attendamce is approx 80-100. Watch the game from the clubhouse (restricted view of one end) or sit in the stand where you want or stand anywhere around the pitch. I suggest people give it a try , it certainly opened my eyes as to how much Blades fans are taken for granted by the club at a high premium.
Same for me with Sheffield fc ghandi. You can sit behind t goal, or stand anywhere else, throughout the game, go where you like. You can go out to t pub n return during half time. Excellent.

£12 at Harrogate Town, but still worth every penny to drive to Bramall Lane and watch United. If my daughter ever decides to come, tickets ordered online and delivered to her house. I know you're talking about the casual supporter, but it's as if you've thought of every possible negative you can, so people don't have an argument against you! Metalblade, you must be a joy to live with!

Costs a bit more at Stocksbridge Park Steels, but a fantastic view of the pitch from the panoramic windows in the bar, which is in an elevated position in one corner of the ground. Good pies too, with mushy peas, mint sauce & Hendos. A cracking matchday experience all round.

My 4 year old nephew had his rucksack rumbled through by his dad, at the behest of a steward today. Bizarre as it is, if you wanted to hide an object you could as the steward said he is not allowed to open the bag himself. Makes for an unpleasant start to your day at the lane.

Lane end upper tier was unreserved seating from 2000 to 2002. You could sit where you wanted, so what changed?

Might it be something to do with the restrictions placed on us because of:

a) Some pig lass getting hit in the face by a firework and all the ID shenanigans on G&H so the club knew who was sitting where... difficult in an unreserved stand

b) The complaints of piss, coins, bottles and whatever else rained down on pig fans at various derbies. Hard to catch the piss perp if you don't know who's sitting where.

c) The capacity requirements for certain games meaning that STs can no longer be sold up there.

My 4 year old nephew had his rucksack rumbled through by his dad, at the behest of a steward today. Bizarre as it is, if you wanted to hide an object you could as the steward said he is not allowed to open the bag himself. Makes for an unpleasant start to your day at the lane.

My 76 year old grandmother regularly has her bag searched. And as have I at various grounds around the country.

Not sure you can use this as a stick to beat United in particular with.

My 76 year old grandmother regularly has her bag searched. And as have I at various grounds around the country.

Not sure you can use this as a stick to beat United in particular with.
Nayoh, true, just a thing that seems odd all round. If anyone wanted, a bottle coulda been kept in the chabby`s duffle bag as t steward was unable to search bag himself

Last night on radio sheff before t game, robson declared that he feels the way the season ended no longer matters. well many would beg to differ , as if we accept the levels of ineptitude and lack of effort it took for them to fritter the season away.

I'm getting fed up of praising the Germans, but at Bayern Munich, an adult season ticket is as cheap as £104. This is what the BM President says about ticket prices...

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?
'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.
'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.
'That's the biggest difference between us and England."
When a club like us loses £10M+ a year, every year, they may as well charge the fans £0 or £100 per game instead of the £20+, because neither will make a difference to the finances. The BM man speaks utter sense, yet we just can't replicate it here. In fact, we even mock teams when they offer £10 tickets as a attendance fudging exercise. We can't run our club(s) properly, and we couldn't dream of cutting down on one source of income when we've got our outgoings so badly wrong.
Football in this country is very poor value for money, and paying £10+ for non-non-non-league compared with cheaper tickets to watch the two teams in the Champions League just surely is a wake up call?. I can justify lots of expenses in life, and lots I can't justify. SUFC and football in general is one of those that I can't justify when I have a tight month.
As for matchday experience, nothing beats a win, or at least a good attempt, but it will always be poor value and in this division it will always be poor opposition, and with the way we're struggling, it'll always be a poor performance.
£10 is bad value for money, but I'll still go. And that is what clubs rely on to feed their mis-management.

That`s correct star, sufc charge more than Bayern , as do all l1 and teams above that level. crazy

We have it quite lucky in our division. COLCHESTER charge between £357-£501.

So yes, it's more than 3 times as expensive to watch Colchester United than it is to watch Bayern Munich. English football needs to take a long, hard look at itself.

For those that don't know about it, I'd recommend having a read of the excellent 'Stand Against Modern Football' fanzine, that came about last year. There's always some very well written and thought-provoking articles in each edition.

http://www.standamf.com/

As others have said, the ticket prices in this country aren't value for money. I think until people are going along to the game though, it won't change. The clubs prey on the fans' loyalty to going to the games to milk as much money out of them as they can essentially.

Second bottom of div 3 and expected to pay twenty pounds on matchday. What a disgrace that is.

like i mentioned in another thread i've been going to see Sturm Graz.. austrian bundesliga. it's about a tenner to get in. your ticket counts for the entire end, so you have to go earlier to get a good spot. there are seats but people only sit on them at half time.. the atmosphere with only 10k is amazing and wipes the floor with the lane these days.. you can drink and smoke in your seat. err . spot.. i was able to go with a local guy at work.. i wouldn't be able to do that at BDTBL as i'd have to sit on my tod until the end of the game as he is an ST holder..

Back
Top Bottom