Match Day Thread: Stoke City v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So we arrive at the final game of the season, already having secured promotion to the promised land, and now in with a vague chance of securing it as Champions. I can see Villa beating Norwich but they will rest a few. Ours appears to be just as tricky, but our record at Stoke hasn't often ended in defeat in the last 10 games there. Albeit it was 12 years since we last went there. Whatever happens this afternoon, it's been an amazing season.... and either way it's gonna be a hell of day out...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Go unchanged from the side that started against Ipswich?

Or is this a game for Billy to start?

I've not felt so relaxed for a Blades match for several months. I hope that is reflected in the fans support today, and hopefully transfers to the players. It's not in our own hands, which is why we can't be disappointed if we don't end up Champions. It'd be nice to at least achieve our side of the bargain, and whatever will be, will be. I'm surprised it's not on TV, but a feed will no doubt spring up. For all those travelling, have a great a day, be safe and enjoy our 5-2 victory ;)

UTB

How about:

My, My, My Chris Wilder,
My, My, My Chris Wilder,
He came 3 years ago,
And we can take so much more,

We love you Chris Wilder,
And we can take so much more.

:D:D:D:D

Next season, after every matchday the Blades score will be amongst the first read out.
We can ignore the rest.
All the best to the travelling Blades. Safe journey, enjoy yersenz and make plenty of noise.

We’re going to smash them today, no pressure on either teams, they r on the beach, since September I think, it will be a joy to be hold today.
Wish I was with you guys today but what ever happens “we r premier league, we r premier league “
0-5 UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

It could be a whole new starting lineup due to the team being on a 7 day bender. :)

Let's hope the stars are aligned boys and girls!!
Blades win and a Norwich loss and nothing would be sweeter!!
So a big big game for the boys, and I really hope they do it, they deserve it, and so do Alan and Chris, what a fantastic job they've done, and hopefully carry on doing!!
COYRAWW!!
LOUD N PROUD BLADES!!!!!

Just listened to an interview with Dean Smith. John McGinn one of a few that will be definitely rested. “Win, lose, or draw, we’ll still have our momentum.” Definitely not going to be a Villa win sadly...

Just listened to an interview with Dean Smith. John McGinn one of a few that will be definitely rested. “Win, lose, or draw, we’ll still have our momentum.” Definitely not going to be a Villa win sadly...

The players coming in will want to make an impression.

I woke up not feeling anxious for the first weekend in months and am fairly ambivalent about the result for the first time this season!!

This is unacceptable!

I woke up not feeling anxious for the first weekend in months and am fairly ambivalent about the result for the first time this season!!

This is unacceptable!

Question for everyone out there.

When was the last time a Sheffield club went into a game with the actual Football League trophy up for grabs.

I'm 60 and can't remeber it in my lifetime?

Did the pigs get close when they were runnrs up to Spurs in the 60's?

Today could be the greatest day in Sheffield football history for how many generations?

How about:

My, My, My Chris Wilder,
My, My, My Chris Wilder,
He came 3 years ago,
And we can take so much more,

We love you Chris Wilder,
And we can take so much more.

:D:D:D:D

No takers??!!

It's supposed to be to the tune of Delilah !! Get it?!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know, Delilah at Stoke.:p:p:p

Question for everyone out there.

When was the last time a Sheffield club went into a game with the actual Football League trophy up for grabs.

I'm 60 and can't remeber it in my lifetime?

Did the pigs get close when they were runnrs up to Spurs in the 60's?

Today could be the greatest day in Sheffield football history for how many generations?

Not in 1961 - the Pigs finished 8 points behind Tottenham.

I assume it would be the last time Wednesday won the league, in 1930.

Not in 1961 - the Pigs finished 8 points behind Tottenham.

I assume it would be the last time Wednesday won the league, in 1930.

Cheers.

I personally feel today is momentous regarding the history books.

Don't treat it just as a party Blades, it’s a once in a lifetime moment.

Back
Top Bottom