Marton Fulop

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cooperblade

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...derland-goalkeeper-Marton-Fulop.html?ITO=1490

Sheffield United join race for Sunderland goalkeeper Marton Fulop as Steve Simonsen talks drag on
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 7:36 PM on 23rd June 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Sheffield United have entered the race to sign Sunderland keeper Marton Fulop.

Blades boss Kevin Blackwell is looking for a replacement following Paddy Kenny's departure to QPR and will turn to Fulop if he fails to land Steve Simonsen as talks continue with the Stoke reserve keeper.

Hungary international Fulop is being allowed to leave the Stadium of Light after Belgium Under-21 keeper Simon Mignolet's arrival last week and he has offers from Galatasaray and Anderlecht and has already turned down a return to Manchester City.

I'd imagine that might be the case. Surely Carson would stay in goal?

Would be a good signing anyway. Maybe we could coax him with our Hungarian links?

You can tell the story is making stuff up when it ends
he has offers from Galatasaray and Anderlecht and has already turned down a return to Manchester City.

After reading the Daily Mail this morning I knew this wouldn't take long to appear on here. He would be an excellent signing (possibly better than Simonsen) but I really can't see it. From what I have gathered in the past Fulop is on almost 20K a week despite being a third choice keeper.

I know a few Sunderland fans who believe him to be on this sort of salary. There is no way on earth United can compete with that at the moment. We couldn't even keep hold of Gary Naysmith!

Simonsen is far more likely to happen.

Back
Top Bottom