Outgoing? Mark Howard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lane "star" bit over the top don't ya think?......

Those as old as me (37) and beyond can tell you that the Star has always done this! The headlines would say something like "United to sign Premiership Star"! You'd be thinking wow, who's this and it would be someone like Dean Hammond or someone who's never actually played first team football etc!

"he has made 104 first team appearances and helped United reach the semi-finals of both the FA Cup and the Capital One Cup".........

Yeh nothing to be complementary about, just replaced by a young tallent!
Yeah he epitomises how bad we are and how far we as a club have fallen.

A decent keeper. If he has gone then good luck to him. I'm sure he will find another club.

Yep B & Q and part time football . Our guys are finding there level of competence .

UTB

Fair enough, but I do think he will find a league club. It wasn't that long ago that Clough described him as the best keeper in the league. Maybe Burton as backup.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but i've never been as confident that we will concede from distance as every game he was in the net.

Really nice guy. Don't think he's enjoyed his time under Adkins though. No surprises really

Not awful but Long is better.
He'll be at Burton next year.

Another wage stealing, oxygen theiving parasite rightly fucked off from the club.

Fair enough, but I do think he will find a league club. It wasn't that long ago that Clough described him as the best keeper in the league. Maybe Burton as backup.

It's a bit unfair us taking the piss out of Howard , as he has done a decent job for us , but seemed to go backwards in a big way . It's not helped both Howard and Long us having a dodgy back four .

Howard to me seems to have lost all agility , which was evident when every 20 yard shot on target finished up in the back of the net . You could blame is eyesight , but to me his back does seem to cause him some Jip and restricts his movement.

That waste of space Simmonson got another job , so I suppose there is hope for Howard.

I have no feeling or sympathy for any of the players , as they have made a decent living out of united , with not much return.

UTB

The right decision to move him on, definitely gone backwards. There was a spell last season where he seemed unbeatable, I remember everyone chanting "You'll never beat Mark Howard" away at Donny last season as he saved their penalty.

Think he injured his back shortly after then never seemed to recapture it. Good luck to him.

Goalkeeping to himself,
he plays the game
But without our love
It always ends the same.
While the game goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire.

While it is the correct decision, he played a part in the two cup runs and when he was out injured last year we missed him a great deal. Thanks Mark!

Unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out for Mark Howard. And Tel Kennedy for that Matter.

Mark has a history of Back Injuries which seem to strike just whilst he is coming into a bit of form. Then he is out for Months.

Tel Kennedy, much more talented but unfortunately due to his re-occuring Knee Injury, he will never make it above league one!

Best of Luck to them both!

UTB

For me he's a number 2 that we tried to turn into a number 1.

He had an excellent run of form starting with the Fulham FA cup game to the end of the 2014 season, but since his back problems his shot stopping just hasn't been good enough and he gets beaten from distance far too often.

You can see him stepping in for a few games when a main keeper's injured, but an error is never too far from his game. The one that springs to my mind was Yeovil away when he went to smother a ball and it trickled through his legs into the net..

Good luck to him in the future, be it at Pompey or elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom