Manchester City have one brainfart each season - could it be Sunday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Crystal Palace, Southampton and Brentford have all benefitted from this in previous seasons. With De Bruyne and Stones injured, Pep absent and United on a high following a big signing, could we get an unlikely result on Sunday (even if it is a draw). Or am I getting carried away here?! UTB!

You always have to believe the seemingly impossible can happen, esp when supporting the blades 👍

As Donald Sutherland's character use to say in the film "Kelly's Gold"
"Positive vibes man, positive vibes..."

Crystal Palace, Southampton and Brentford have all benefitted from this in previous seasons. With De Bruyne and Stones injured, Pep absent and United on a high following a big signing, could we get an unlikely result on Sunday (even if it is a draw). Or am I getting carried away here?! UTB!
Ha poor lad ha ha . I'm afraid you should be carried away really . But hey i like your thoughts mate . You should be ok after a sleep and some medication . PS hope you are right he he .

Yes, Yes, Yes…We can do this 🏹 🏹🏹

It’s going to be boring, we will have one speculative shot, they’ll be jogging about. 3-0.

A repeat of Wembley then.

We don’t want to get hammered. Keeps the goal difference down.

They dropped points at Forest during the run in last season though so they do have their off days now and again.

Harland misses last minute sitter due to brainfart, 4-0 city, but my heart says we knick a point

Course they could. It's not like we're non-league- both in the same league, start of the season, why not? If they play poorly, hit the woodwork a couple of times, we battle and nick one, even if it's a 1 in 100 chance, we've got a chance.

It's not that I'm worried about though, it's if they play well they could absolutely twat us.

Their lineup looks a bit weaker than last time we played so who knows?

On the other hand we're still a work in progress and to beat City you can't have anyone have an off day.

Could see us keeping it 0-0 well into the second half, then falling to bits late on when fitness and subs come into play.

As the OP points out they do, on rare occasions, lose absolute banker games.
Add to that they don't, usually, hit their stride until a few weeks into the season and . . . nah, still highly unlikely.

Having watched the Burnley game I thought they gave the ball away more in their own half, under a not over aggressive press, than I can ever remember seeing them do in the last few seasons. If they are as careless have we enough firepower to at least get on the scoresheet?

You never know. It’s going to be helpful for the ref not having Pep grandstanding on the touch line ensuring he gets every decision. He will just have to rely on his own incompetence to give the decisions against us rather than that added pressure.

Yes. 3-0 united.

If there is a good time to play them it’s right now

Though they battered Newcastle last week

No game is a forgone conclusion, otherwise we may as well just forfeit the points and risk no further injuries.

Get at them and see what happens.

A battling 2-0 loss where we miss a guilt edge opportunity at some point and they get one out of nothing and another late on

Back
Top Bottom