Manager needs to leave now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ha. You say no definitely not, and then say he should be paid on parity with the highest in the Championship and mid Premier League, which is isn’t.
If he deserves parity and isn’t at that level then he should be, so deserves a new deal which is what I was suggesting 3-4 posts ago.
I’m not arguing about a hypothetical situation. You asked if he should be paid the same as the lowest premiership managers/ 2/3rd top championship, I said no he should be paid higher which Steve Bettis lead us to believe he is, I don’t get your problem. I’m literally saying the contract he’s on he deserves.

Your original statement was he deserves a new deal to unite the club, I don’t think he does. I think he deserves the deal he’s on. Neither will know this answer without seeing everyone’s wages slips, you’re just presuming he’s badly paid because we have a wage structure in place.

Sander Berge, Brewster, Egan, Fleck will all be paid very handsomely as if Wilder signed a new deal for 4 years option of a 5th to be the worst paid in the league.

It literally leaves him with no negotiation options signing for that long, he signed a long term deal because he was very happy with the terms. Why does he need a new contract which was your original statement?

Confessions of a former doubter :(

I did, at one point, start to consider that maybe the run was at an end, and we could consider a change of management.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

For whatever reason, we seem to have rediscovered some of what made us so successful for 5 years. We look like we are getting back to where we were, and CW has to take credit for that. He is the man to lead us to the end of the season, even if we do (likely) go down, and he is the man to try and lead us back up next season.

Forgive me Tufty, for I have sinned...
I also have sinned as you but feel there was reason for the sinning (bad results, no 'pashun' and complete disarray) I am sure their eminences CWAK will welcome us back to blessing us once again, when we can all reunite in the cathedral that is BDTBL. May there light always shine on us, Amen. :)

Millhousesblade1889 Do you have anything to support your view on his wage being in the top 10, as it appears to be nonsense?
Someone has already put a link from September (about 9 months after he signed his new deal), and it puts him where most would expect, rock bottom by a decent margin. Not exactly a solid source but certainly more solid than anything I’ve seen supporting your assumption.
So can you provide any link or anything to substantiate your strong rumours claim because I’ve heard nothing of the sort?
His new contract is really, really, really healthy. I don’t know what the other managers are on, but I’d be surprised if Parker, Bruce, Allardyce, Potter, Dyche, Smith and even Moyes were on more.

His new contract is really, really, really healthy. I don’t know what the other managers are on, but I’d be surprised if Parker, Bruce, Allardyce, Potter, Dyche, Smith and even Moyes were on more.
And yet every list available suggest he’s at the very bottom, although there’s nothing from a credible source, however there is nothing out there at all which supports your view.
For him to be on higher you’d need to believe that while we’ve got the lowest wage bill in the league by a long way, the manager is paid nearly double or even treble most of the players.

The only info I'd ever heard was that Wilder was on something like £30k a week (£1.5m).

No links or particular ITK. But with bonuses and pay rises it feels about right

And yet every list available suggest he’s at the very bottom, although there’s nothing from a credible source, however there is nothing out there at all which supports your view.
For him to be on higher you’d need to believe that while we’ve got the lowest wage bill in the league by a long way, the manager is paid nearly double or even treble most of the players.
He’s not though. And he is paid more. A lot more. If you choose to believe me or not is on you 😂 I don’t really care

The only info I'd ever heard was that Wilder was on something like £30k a week (£1.5m).

More. And very bonus incentivised too.
He’s paid much more than any of the players as Prince Abdullah considers him the key to everything.

He’s not though. And he is paid more. A lot more. If you choose to believe me or not is on you 😂 I don’t really care
I believe you, honestly I do, and we both know you do care, my passive aggressive mate. 😂 xx

Last edited:
More. And very bonus incentivised too.
He’s paid much more than any of the players as Prince Abdullah considers him the key to everything.

When Bruce took over at The Toon it was quite well documented he was the lowest paid manager in the league on £1.5m per year so CW is on more than that even if he's the 2nd lowest paid.

Just a guess but I'd imagine he's on in the region of £2m per year.

Wilder needs to take a good hard look at himself. Can he honestly say a snood shows the right battling qualities required? Disappointed!!

I remember when we got relegated from the premier league last time, and warnock was fired, and Robson was installed, I know warnock wasn't everyone's cup of tea but Robson was in my opinion a terrible replacement and that wasn't in hindsight I thought that at the time, I genuinely believe that warnock would've made us contenders the following season.
As for wilder, I'm going on record now and saying that he will at the very least get us in the top 4 in the championship, I'm basing that on 1) we will have joc back, his absence was a enormous factor in our failure, his absence was an enormous factor in the constant comparisons of Henderson v Ramsdale.
2) I am confident that wilder recognises that the reason for this season's failure was the lack of a creative midfielder, Norwood was that guy whether he will be again is debatable, so that will be addressed. The lack of goals is in part that midfielder and in part the failure of the wing backs, this could also be another joc factor.
3) I believe we have some very good youngsters, bogle has impressed, I believe with time and that midfielder Brewster will come good, and we have some promising youngsters coming through.and this may be controversial but I think Kean Bryan has and will continue to improve.
4) and this is a biggie, hopefully fans will be allowed back in bdtbl, because I genuinely believe if it wasn't for covid we wouldn't be bottom.
In conclusion getting rid of wilder would be the biggest mistake this club would ever make, he was the winner of the LMA manager of the year 2 years ago and runner up last year, like the prince said recently if he wasn't our manager he would hire him on the spot, and in that alternative universe that would be the biggest coup in our history.
So to all the people clamouring for his dismissal give your head a wobble because you're talking bollocks

12 points of safety still. Big ask.

What on earth does he get bonus’s for?!?!!!

What on earth does he get bonus’s for?!?!!!

If he meets targets set in his contract. eg Fa Cup win, staying up, achieving a certain place ie 10th or above. Dont you play FIFA 21 Career mode ??? :D

I remember when we got relegated from the premier league last time, and warnock was fired, and Robson was installed, I know warnock wasn't everyone's cup of tea but Robson was in my opinion a terrible replacement and that wasn't in hindsight I thought that at the time, I genuinely believe that warnock would've made us contenders the following season.
As for wilder, I'm going on record now and saying that he will at the very least get us in the top 4 in the championship, I'm basing that on 1) we will have joc back, his absence was a enormous factor in our failure, his absence was an enormous factor in the constant comparisons of Henderson v Ramsdale.
2) I am confident that wilder recognises that the reason for this season's failure was the lack of a creative midfielder, Norwood was that guy whether he will be again is debatable, so that will be addressed. The lack of goals is in part that midfielder and in part the failure of the wing backs, this could also be another joc factor.
3) I believe we have some very good youngsters, bogle has impressed, I believe with time and that midfielder Brewster will come good, and we have some promising youngsters coming through.and this may be controversial but I think Kean Bryan has and will continue to improve.
4) and this is a biggie, hopefully fans will be allowed back in bdtbl, because I genuinely believe if it wasn't for covid we wouldn't be bottom.
In conclusion getting rid of wilder would be the biggest mistake this club would ever make, he was the winner of the LMA manager of the year 2 years ago and runner up last year, like the prince said recently if he wasn't our manager he would hire him on the spot, and in that alternative universe that would be the biggest coup in our history.
So to all the people clamouring for his dismissal give your head a wobble because you're talking bollocks
completely agree

If he meets targets set in his contract. eg Fa Cup win, staying up, achieving a certain place ie 10th or above. Dont you play FIFA 21 Career mode ??? :D

He's managed to piss off quite a lot of his backroom staff (Not Knill and Matt P and Darren Ward) when he got his bonus and new contract. The ones mentioned got their bonus too. However the rest of the staff who were on for a nice 'staying up' bonus have never been paid it, and told it'll roll over and be paid if they stay up this year. Wilder had promised everyone they'd get their bonuses etc, that being in the Prem would be life changing for all his staff...it has been for him but others havent been given rises or bonuses. So far to say that if it hadnt been for Knill being such a good 'manager' quite a lot would have gone elsewhere. The loyalty is to Knill, not Wilder. And backroom staff are very unhappy and have been for best part of a year now

He's managed to piss off quite a lot of his backroom staff (Not Knill and Matt P and Darren Ward) when he got his bonus and new contract. The ones mentioned got their bonus too. However the rest of the staff who were on for a nice 'staying up' bonus have never been paid it, and told it'll roll over and be paid if they stay up this year. Wilder had promised everyone they'd get their bonuses etc, that being in the Prem would be life changing for all his staff...it has been for him but others havent been given rises or bonuses. So far to say that if it hadnt been for Knill being such a good 'manager' quite a lot would have gone elsewhere. The loyalty is to Knill, not Wilder. And backroom staff are very unhappy and have been for best part of a year now

How does that work contractually?

the backroom staff (bar the ones mentioned) are on standard employment contracts, nothing written in about bonuses, just the old 'gentlemens agreement' / discretionary bonus. Assume Wilder et al have 'football' contracts and bonuses are part of that, that's what my pal who works down there says. (to note he is one of the pissed off lot!)

The others got a bonus when they got promoted, again discretionary as like a lot of work places

He’s the 10th best paid premier league manager. So what do you do? You give him a pay rise, or a longer deal? Neither of those are required right now, he's going to be by far the highest paid Championship manager and he has long enough on his current deal to get us back up and prove his worth again on these new terms (like he has done in the past)

Would be ridiculous to give him a new deal as there's literally no need, what more proof of backing does he need? We didn't win for 19 games and he wasn't under any pressure from the board

He has 3 years left on his current deal with an option of an extra year. He's pretty much had a new contract every year he's been with us.
I received a lot of abuse over this post at the time. Was shown charts that Wilders is by far the worst paid manager, I’m not saying 10th was accurate but it’s clear he was extremely well paid.

Back
Top Bottom