Man City after Kenny

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so it's the Daily Star :D

MAN CITY boss Mark Hughes wants to raid Sheffield United for goalkeeper Paddy Kenny.

Sparky wants suitable cover for first-choice keeper Shay Given and believes Kenny, 31, fits the bill.

It is understood Given has recommended his Republic of Ireland colleague to the Eastlands boss.

Kenny would cost a fee in excess of £4million.

He had suitable cover with Joe Hart.

Cant see City realisticlly being in for him.

id take there hands off for £4million

I wouldn't. Blackie doesn't often play with a sub keeper, and who's next after Bennett? Have we got rid of Annerson (Chesterfield?)? Paddy has kept us in umpteen matches, and we tend to have a defensive strategy as well.

We need Paddy, as things stand.

I wouldn't. Blackie doesn't often play with a sub keeper, and who's next after Bennett? Have we got rid of Annerson (Chesterfield?)? Paddy has kept us in umpteen matches, and we tend to have a defensive strategy as well.

We need Paddy, as things stand.

£4million can buy another decent keeper, with money left over for rest of the team. Id be happy to sell him for that amount at 31 and have bennett in the net till we get another keeper in.

£4million can buy another decent keeper, with money left over for rest of the team. Id be happy to sell him for that amount at 31 and have bennett in the net till we get another keeper in.

can't argue with that, £4m is crazy money and IF its true, bite their hands off.

£4million is good money, expecially with his age.

Providing we know we can get another quality replacement in.

Kasper Schmeichel, Joe Hart, and the tea lady will get in before Kenny does. Shay Given won't be dropped, so the only way Paddy will get a first team game is in the fizzy pop cup unless Given gets injured or suddenly becomes Nigerian for the African Cup of Nations, and that's as likely as my wife letting me off doing any decorating this summer.

If there are other keepers about who'd want to come to us. I agree that £4m is a decent price for a keeper, especially at Paddy's age, but that already sets some alarm bells ringing.

If the likes of Moneybags city are looking at spending £4m on a keeper already in his thirties, where does that leave us in terms of a player search?

Id snap there hands of at 4mill.

Man City are on another planet when it comes to player fees so i would'nt imagine it inflating keeper fees too much. Id invest it in that Posh keeper. :)

£4 million?

£4 MILLION?

Bloody papers like playing with our minds.

Didn't Paddy renew his contract after the Play Off Final? As that was only a few weeks ago I can't see him being in a rush to go anywhere - especially to play reserve football - and it's clearly not in Blackwell's plans to let him go either.

Yes £4mil is a lot of money - but we're being told we're financially stable and don't need to sell our top players. Apart from that bad spell he had under Robson, he's been solid for us and we don't need to be gambling on a new keeper if we have aspirations for this coming season.

Stick with what we've got.

I reckon this ones dead in the water cos city signed Stuart Taylor today from villa

Back
Top Bottom