Player Suggestion Madine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheff de party

Reaction score
Yes he’s getting on a bit, he’s a dick and he’s played for us before then been let go. But he was absolutely excellent against us for Blackpool and we really struggled to cope with him. He had a very good game against a miles better team and was the only reason they were in it.

He’s exactly what we need when things aren’t going well. Big, strong and am very impressive touch. Ndiaye would get plenty off his knockdowns, McAtee too.

There I’ve said it. Tin hat on.

Yes he’s getting on a bit, he’s a dick and he’s played for us before then been let go. But he was absolutely excellent against us for Blackpool and we really struggled to cope with him. He had a very good game against a miles better team and was the only reason they were in it.

He’s exactly what we need when things aren’t going well. Big, strong and am very impressive touch. Ndiaye would get plenty off his knockdowns, McAtee too.

There I’ve said it. Tin hat on.
Lost his way as he’s stop drinking and doing yoga and pilates

I thought he was very good as well. But would he get a game with Oli Mac fit?

I would not be against if Hecky thought that OM needs a backup. As others have said Jebbo and Osulu needs some playing time before a promotion run in.

I thought he was very good as well. But would he get a game with Oli Mac fit?
No, but it’s about spending a bit extra to cement promotion. He’d be coming on with 20-30 minutes left if we’re up/down by 1 or drawing. Offers something different.

McBurnie would be first choice but as we know, he’s had a lot of injury problems.

I very much doubt we'd get Madine now, sadly. He's under contact to 2024 if Blackpool exercise their option which I'm sure they will do. Unless we get took over I doubt we'll be doing much business, but maybe if Khadra leaves we'll sign another loan forward, it would probably be someone not playing much in the PL. Surridge has been mentioned already, he'd be ideal but not so sure they'll let him go either. Maybe we'll go abroad or a youngster we've not heard much of' it's worked out well with McAtee but he's needed time to find his feet understandably.

I very much doubt we'd get Madine now, sadly. He's under contact to 2024 if Blackpool exercise their option which I'm sure they will do. Unless we get took over I doubt we'll be doing much business, but maybe if Khadra leaves we'll sign another loan forward, it would probably be someone not playing much in the PL. Surridge has been mentioned already, he'd be ideal but not so sure they'll let him go either. Maybe we'll go abroad or a youngster we've not heard much of' it's worked out well with McAtee but he's needed time to find his feet understandably.
think a lot depends on premier league clubs making new striker signings could be late in the window when they release fringe players on loan think hecky will just sit tight and see what occurs mind that doesnt mean he hasnt got 2 or 3 in mind

think a lot depends on premier league clubs making new striker signings could be late in the window when they release fringe players on loan think hecky will just sit tight and see what occurs mind that doesnt mean he hasnt got 2 or 3 in mind
Problem is a few of the better loan players may be out already that we could really benefit from up top, Keinan Davis springs to mind at Watford. But as you say there may be a few more available after more January signings. Forest with Surridge could definitely be one for starters as they are supposed to be signing yet more players this window, up top is bound to be one area they'll focus on as they struggle for goals.

Problem is a few of the better loan players may be out already that we could really benefit from up top, Keinan Davis springs to mind at Watford. But as you say there may be a few more available after more January signings. Forest with Surridge could definitely be one for starters as they are supposed to be signing yet more players this window, up top is bound to be one area they'll focus on as they struggle for goals.
burnley in for surridge depends what type of striker hecky wants does he use jebbo and or osula for the target man role or do we bring somebody in for that role personally think more important is finding a replacement for billy he cant go on playing game after game at 37 more so with brewster being out for the foreseable so that brings strikers like cameron archer and adam armstrong in to contention both who could be available for loan armstrong in particular would be a fantastic signing at this level

burnley in for surridge depends what type of striker hecky wants does he use jebbo and or osula for the target man role or do we bring somebody in for that role personally think more important is finding a replacement for billy he cant go on playing game after game at 37 more so with brewster being out for the foreseable so that brings strikers like cameron archer and adam armstrong in to contention both who could be available for loan armstrong in particular would be a fantastic signing at this level
That's a great shout re Armstrong, totally forgot about him and as you say he would be ideal competition for Billy. If we can get McBurnie fit then Armstrong would be a better signing a target man type as McBurnie can fulfil that role although he's more than a target man. Armstrong would be a great option if we could get him.

On the target man role though, if McBurnie isn't fit, and that is becoming a regular problem, then I wouldn't fancy Jebbo just yet in that role, he's improved in the last few weeks but he I think he needs regular football on loan somewhere if possible.

That's a great shout re Armstrong, totally forgot about him and as you say he would be ideal competition for Billy. If we can get McBurnie fit then Armstrong would be a better signing a target man type as McBurnie can fulfil that role although he's more than a target man. Armstrong would be a great option if we could get him.

On the target man role though, if McBurnie isn't fit, and that is becoming a regular problem, then I wouldn't fancy Jebbo just yet in that role, he's improved in the last few weeks but he I think he needs regular football on loan somewhere if possible.
its a tricky one as to what type of striker we need a big physical type would help nidaye and mcburnie get more goals but we also need somebody to replace sharpy if finances were there i would say both types lol plus a midfielder but it aint gonna happen personally i would go for the armstrong/archer type

its a tricky one as to what type of striker we need a big physical type would help nidaye and mcburnie get more goals but we also need somebody to replace sharpy if finances were there i would say both types lol plus a midfielder but it aint gonna happen personally i would go for the armstrong/archer type
It's all about McBurnie and his fitness for me as to which I'd like to see come in. If fit then I think you're Armstrong shout is a brilliant one, but if McBurnie is missing then to me we really miss his aerial presence/hold up play as well as his heading and ability to score goals which are not just standard finishes if that makes sense. Preston away for example. Wouldn't mind some pace up top alongside Illy as that always causes problems. I think Armstrong is fast too, right? Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth is someone I've always liked; he's similar to Callum Robinson but better in my view. He won't get many goals granted, but he sets up lots for others and is always a handful. Someone who could come on and just run at defenders too. Archer is a top shout too also, I wouldn't mind him. We need someone for sure and does seem like it's likely. No point keeping Khadra to just play 5/19 minutes.

dont know much about lowe booker just think its very important that even if we do no other business this window we must bring another striker in and im pretty sure we will we might just get away with the midfield especially if berge gets his act together plus weve always got basham as a back up there in an emergency

Starts a thread clogging Berge … then starts a thread about signing Madine, you couldn’t make it up 🤣🤣🤣

Who'd have thought 5 years ago that Madine would have (i) joined Utd, (ii) contributed to Utd's promotion with some decent performances and important goals (iii) turned the majority of Utd supporters' opinions from being probably their most despised player in the league to one that got a standing ovation when he returned with Blackpool earlier this season and (iv) there was a clamour for his re-signing

Tbh - whilst the chances of his return remain low, I can understand why some think he may be a shrewd signing for the run-in. Depending on the extent of McB's injury and timing of his reurn (plus his fragility), he would be a focal for IN/DJ to play off and would help when defending set-pieces. He's not prolific but would chip-in.

Massive shithouse, probably banned from every Wetherspoons in the North of England, Guinness book of records holder for most ASBOS but id still have him just for his bonce. A bit crap all round, but would massively help defending and attacking set pieces in the absence of McB.

Saw him getting pissed up in Hale the same day his team were playing at home. So no.

Back
Top Bottom