Made For TV - Red Half Of Sheffield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nessman930

Los Angeles Blade
Reaction score
🚨 🎙 New Podcast Alert 🎙 🚨

Chad, Noah, and Michael Starkey, an American Wrexham supporter (surprise surprise) review the 3-3 draw at the Racecourse Ground, while Chad breaks down our upcoming local derby against Rotherham United with Matt from the New York Talk Podcast.

Will try and listen but might be a bit too much for me if this guest only started supporting Wrexham in the last couple of years.

Chad, Noah, and Michael Starkey, an American Wrexham supporter (surprise surprise) review the 3-3 draw at the Racecourse Ground, while Chad breaks down our upcoming local derby against Rotherham United with Matt from the New York Talk Podcast.

Thanks as ever to yourself and Chad.

Have to got a date pencilled in for a visit to Sheffield yet?

Will try and listen but might be a bit too much for me if this guest only started supporting Wrexham in the last couple of years.
He pretends he started supporting them before the documentary was released.

He'd clearly never heard of them until the takeover talk started

March 9 - March 19 is my plan right now.

Be in town for Luton at home, Sunderland Away, and WBA at home.

FYI - Newcastle is a great night out and good city if you’re making a day / night of it for the Sunderland match. Stadium of Light is on the Metro system (train) which links the two cities together.

He pretends he started supporting them before the documentary was released.

He'd clearly never heard of them until the takeover talk started
I got 10 mins in and had to give up. I normally enjoy the pod, can be a bit OTT at times but I think I’m used to the monotone of Deadbat and the subdued enthusiasm of Beans so Nessman930 with his actual enthusiasm goes against my miserablism!

He did, but he’s quite open about it, respectful of those with lifelong attachments and admits the limits of his knowledge. Came across well. It was worth my time. The chat with the Rovrum podcaster is also interesting.

A random Sunday league team?
Never heard of them. Looks like they were formed in 2020.

I played for Sheffield Boys as a kid. 🤷‍♂️
Play in Sheffield & Hallamshire league on a Saturday. Home ground is Olympic Legacy Park.

Don't think you'll have as many Blades listening to this one,
It's not the most enticing podcast to hear how we were outplayed in spells against a non league side, it holds a sense of embarrassment.

1: Regards your earlier discussion I think there's a cultural different between the UK and US fans.

In the US there's seems to be a focus on success and entertainment.
Hence you try to make a sport as entertaining as possible even if it includes gimmicks.
Also there needs to be financial security, so leagues are a closed off with no relegations and promotions.
To be fair all the above is logical from a commercial point of view.

Where as in England your football club represents you town or city, it gives it publicity and puts in on the map.
Football isn't always entertaining and at times can be really boring, you wonder why you're at the match.
Also there's no guarantee of success, due to the pyramid system you club can have years when they are great
and then there tends to be a spell of a few years when your club is embarrassingly poor and you feel like giving it up

but it's "your team" so you should never give up. The weird thing is that, when there's adversity and failure, the bond illogically can become stronger ha ha.

2: The issue with appealing is that the EFL have a rule that attempts to prevent every club from appealing against every sending off.
The rule says that if the appeal is deemed weak and superfluous, then the EFL add an extra match onto the punishment.
So if they have evidence that Jebbison kicked out, they might ask why we are trying to appeal against a retaliatory kick, then increase his ban to 4 matches.

3: Think we have a chance having Tommy Doyle back next season.
Think his ceiling is to reach average PL level, so I can't see him ever being good enough to be in the Man City side.
Next season Man City will either loan him out to a PL side or sell him, either way we should stand a good chance assuming we're promoted.

FYI - Newcastle is a great night out and good city if you’re making a day / night of it for the Sunderland match. Stadium of Light is on the Metro system (train) which links the two cities together.
Roger that, superb city for a night out. Start at the railway station. Wonderful tiled vaulted ceiling- a Cathedral to beer 👍🍻

Don't think you'll have as many Blades listening to this one,
It's not the most enticing podcast to hear how we were outplayed in spells against a non league side, it holds a sense of embarrassment.

1: Regards your earlier discussion I think there's a cultural different between the UK and US fans.

In the US there's seems to be a focus on success and entertainment.
Hence you try to make a sport as entertaining as possible even if it includes gimmicks.
Also there needs to be financial security, so leagues are a closed off with no relegations and promotions.
To be fair all the above is logical from a commercial point of view.

Where as in England your football club represents you town or city, it gives it publicity and puts in on the map.
Football isn't always entertaining and at times can be really boring, you wonder why you're at the match.
Also there's no guarantee of success, due to the pyramid system you club can have years when they are great
and then there tends to be a spell of a few years when your club is embarrassingly poor and you feel like giving it up

but it's "your team" so you should never give up. The weird thing is that, when there's adversity and failure, the bond illogically can become stronger ha ha.

2: The issue with appealing is that the EFL have a rule that attempts to prevent every club from appealing against every sending off.
The rule says that if the appeal is deemed weak and superfluous, then the EFL add an extra match onto the punishment.
So if they have evidence that Jebbison kicked out, they might ask why we are trying to appeal against a retaliatory kick, then increase his ban to 4 matches.

3: Think we have a chance having Tommy Doyle back next season.
Think his ceiling is to reach average PL level, so I can't see him ever being good enough to be in the Man City side.
Next season Man City will either loan him out to a PL side or sell him, either way we should stand a good chance assuming we're promoted.

I think one of the positives of RHOS is that the two hosts offer a different perspective on SUFC. They are Blades unquestionably and have put in the hard yards like us all.

In that context, it’s well worth a listen like all their content. For me at least!

I think one of the positives of RHOS is that the two hosts offer a different perspective on SUFC. They are Blades unquestionably and have put in the hard yards like us all.

In that context, it’s well worth a listen like all their content. For me at least!
Spot on. Bladespod is the OG, but I like this different perspective. Also, it’s fun to see more and more Britishisms creep in each week. We had a ‘bollocks’ today which I am not sure I’ve ever heard an American use before.

Spot on. Bladespod is the OG, but I like this different perspective. Also, it’s fun to see more and more Britishisms creep in each week. We had a ‘bollocks’ today which I am not sure I’ve ever heard an American use before.
Don’t think the yanks consider bollox , a swear word
When I was in Florida , getting a meal , Joes crab shack btw
they were advertising Newkie brown as the dogs bollox ?
Make of that what you will

Listened to it today on the train in , cracking pod this one and I enjoyed the Wrexham fans view , some good laughs in it to
Got mi 2 favourite phrases in as well
Binding cheese , and then
Is it only me but when Chad/Noah say 2 American Blades fans
It reminds of that Jack & Diane song
No just me 🙄

Back
Top Bottom