Match Thread Luton Town v. Sheffield United - 10th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LUT
LUT
LUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1707517624530.png Vs 1707517632707.png

Premier League Matchweek 24 - Saturday 10th February 2024 - 15:00 - Kenilworth Road
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/luton-town-vs-sheffield-united.680/

Officials:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lewis Smith
VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Steve Meredith

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 22.26.30.png

If they don’t want to sign a new contract or if they want to leave then don’t play them.

Otherwise get half a team of Lundstrams.

Wilder have some balls ffs and drop Anel!!

Just fucking win United!

I don’t care how!

Even the Pigs showed they can be completely dominated in terms of possession and shots and still win.

Let’s have some of their luck for a change.

If we manage to lose this one , I feel relegation is a strong possibility
I’d like to see us make it interesting.

Something unlikely like 5 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats. 30 points.

That would leave some room for putting the pressure on those facing points penalties.

Wins - Luton, Fulham, Brentford, Burnley, Forest
Draws - Wolves, Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Spurs
Defeats - Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle

COYRAWW!

I’d like to see us make it interesting.

Something unlikely like 5 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats. 30 points.

That would leave some room for putting the pressure on those facing points penalties.

Wins - Luton, Fulham, Brentford, Burnley, Forest
Draws - Wolves, Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Spurs
Defeats - Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle

COYRAWW!
Unless we are awarded 2 points per defeat, I don't think your maths is quite right here.

On the other hand if they are introducing 2 points per defeat alongside those blue cards, then our current form will serve just fine for the remainder of the season.

Unless we are awarded 2 points per defeat, I don't think your maths is quite right here.

On the other hand if they are introducing 2 points per defeat alongside those blue cards, then our current form will serve just fine for the remainder of the season.
We have 10 point already.
We win 5 x 3 points = 15 points.
We draw 5 x 1 point = 5 points.

10+15+5 = 30 points.

🤷‍♂️

If they did introduce 2 points for a loss, just for us, we'd end up on 40, just enough to stay up. That's the state we are in.

Well we will ship a minimum of three goals, these have just put 4 past Brighton and 4 past Newcastle and we can’t defend to save our lives.

However this is also the sort of game where it’s possible we could score 2 or 3 ourselves.

Think it might finish 4-2 to Luton.

arguably the toughest game of the year, luton playing well & kenilworth rd is a horrible place to go regardless of what league your in, if we can win, it would reverse disaster of boxing day, where is where this season was lost & not aston villa.

i dont fancy our chances i think this will be a luton win because for whatever we are playing fantastic until we go 1-0 down then & we collapse like a house of cards

I don’t know how to feel about this one. Based on the general vibe, it feels like it’s bound to be a depressing loss and a definitive season ender.

But on the other hand, if you put form aside, surely this is one of the few teams we should be able to expect to actually compete with?

They beat us at home but it was a mix of bad luck and us shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly.

If we lose this one, I think it will really cement this season as maybe the shittest I’ve witnessed. I understand we’ve been a lot lower down, but if Luton do the double over us, it will just show we never had any business being at this level.

The fightback starts today, Eight wins out of our remaining matches should see us safe.

Lose today and I think it's the end of the road and back to the Championship for 2 or 3 years

I agree.
A loss here today could deal a major blow to our European qualification hopes.
utb
That may be a tad optimistic , but 5/6 from bottom after Champagne blades predictions have come in will do for me .

A win today and we are fired up for the the rest of the season - another loss and it could soon be beyond even CWAAK

Back
Top Bottom